Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland vs Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

i think the only reason Stringer plays for ireland is this mythical "understanding" with ROG
    em well no other international side would even consider him for scrumhalf , hes just too light!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

zabbo wrote:
    So players from Tonga, Samoa and Fiji are All-Black castoffs for playing for their own country :confused:

Regarding Isaac Boss, he played every game for the Chiefs in Super 12's in 2003, and moved on when Kelleher came in, and moved to Hurricanes, he also was part of the u-19 RWC winning AB side.

Whats the alternatives GDM, full of pessimistic ill-informed quips, but fook all answers.

Before the last RWC, one of the papers did a survey of players playing for countries they weren't born in, huge numbers of Tongan, Samoan and Fijian players were born, and raised in NZ. They go across to the Island countries when it's clear they won't make the All Blacks grade. Obviously, the reverse also happens but not to the extent to which the Islands nominally "poach" from NZ.

Boss played fullback for most of that season, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ulster_rugby

Hi! Just new here! I was at the Ireland V Scotland match (my first Ireland match) I'M HOOKED!!! :D

I couldn't get tickets to the Ireland V Italy match in Ravenhill...does anyone know if it will be televised?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Will be televised by RTE i think m8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Hi! Just new here! I was at the Ireland V Scotland match (my first Ireland match) I'M HOOKED!!! :D

I couldn't get tickets to the Ireland V Italy match in Ravenhill...does anyone know if it will be televised?

Thanks

definately on RTE. Probably best not to watch any of the RWC if you enjoyed that match so much, I think Ireland V France might be too much excitement for you to take in one go ;)

BTW what was the attendance yesterday at Murrayfield, heard the SRFU had a woeful time trying to sell tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ulster_rugby

marco_polo wrote:
    definately on RTE. Probably best not to watch any of the RWC if you enjoyed that match so much, I think Ireland V France might be too much excitement for you to take in one go ;)

BTW what was the attendance yesterday at Murrayfield, heard the SRFU had a woeful time trying to sell tickets?

lol, I've been watching the rugby for 3 years now. Have been to some Ulster matches. The Ireland one at the weekend was my first LIVE Ireland match. I have to say...I am spoilt on TV with all the close ups and the commentary!
    I hope Ireland kick French a$$ at the RWC, we were so close at this years 6 nations!

The attendance at Murrayfield was 25,127. Not sure what it holds, but the side we were on (West stand) was pretty empty!

Oh! and I just checked the RTE listings....RTE one and two is all I have uo North - no sign of the rugby? :( Will there be highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

BBC NI might show the match, if could be worth keeping tabs on the Ulster Rugby Website, or ticket office for returned tickets.

I only got tickets because of an alert from the Supporters Club about the extra temp stand tickets made available.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

lol, I've been watching the rugby for 3 years now. Have been to some Ulster matches. The Ireland one at the weekend was my first LIVE Ireland match. I have to say...I am spoilt on TV with all the close ups and the commentary!
    I hope Ireland kick French a$$ at the RWC, we were so close at this years 6 nations!

The attendance at Murrayfield was 25,127. Not sure what it holds, but the side we were on (West stand) was pretty empty!

Oh! and I just checked the RTE listings....RTE one and two is all I have uo North - no sign of the rugby? :( Will there be highlights?

My first Ireland game was Vs Italy in Landsdowne Road a couple of years ago played in a hurricane so it wasn't much better :) .

Game will definately be on one or both of RTÉ / BBC so I wouldn't worry about missing it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement