Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland vs Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

very nice kick by RoG, pity we did nothing with it...

scottish try after a balls up of an irish scrum

and converted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Jesus what a catch by murphy there too bad the support wasnt there. Games out of reach now

31-21 final score.

decent game time, little else. irish man if the match, jordan by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

jesus let's just hope that the first 15 dont get an injury after that performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Now lets see what happens at Ravenhill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

With one simple routine kick ROG showed what a 10 is supposed to do and what Wallace never does. It was a simple kick which Wallace should have utilised throughout the match.

Boss steps way too much for my liking and I noticed an immediate improvement when Hayes and Best came on.

Murphy had a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

POC and BOD just cant seem to get motoring today and to be honest they probably...

Err POC was immense today. If he hadn't been there the pasting the forwards took first half would have been twice as bad. BOD was quiet, as no ball = no play. Missed tackle for the try will hurt him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I personally thought that POC took a while to get into the match. Think that he was a bit rusty at the start and I cant deny that he was starting to get going by the middle of the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Stev_o wrote:
    You do know that you cant win a RWC with 15 players?

England did it four years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

For lads who are meant to be the biggest, most physical, heftiest team we have ever seen, the Scots were hardly bullied around the pitch. Simon Best in particular still looks like he has a Dunlop radial under his jersey. The question of form is the more depressing point after the match, for me.

BTW, does Neil Best look a little like Tyrone Howe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭quagmire69

BOHSBOHS wrote:
    jaysus is that horgan injured already in the warm up ?:eek: how bad is it ?

Taken from bbc:

Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan has said he is "very worried" about the fitness of Shane Horgan who injured a knee in a World Cup warm-up defeat by Scotland.

"Shane was a replacement but twisted his knee in the warm-up and Andrew Trimble came in," said O'Sullivan.

"Shane will have a scan in the morning to assess the extent of the damage.

"Brian O'Driscoll came off with a tight hamstring and a sore wrist and other players took knocks. I have some tough decisions before naming my squad."

My words:
    f***

If Horgan is out, Geordan will surely get a run in the team. I can't see Trimble playing wing again after France in Croke Park. Please God he isn't out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Junior

Did I read in the stats during the match that the scottish pack was 2kg heavier on average than the Irish Pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Yeah the scots were huge-their pre season conditioning seemed to work pretty well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Do you think it was good enough to get game time for some of these players or would it have been better for the entire camp to have played more first string players and beat the scots? A victory is always good for morale but I suppose after beating the scots the previous seven times we know we can beat them with better players.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

That was pretty much all in all a crap game.
    Scotland had their first 15 on the pitch and they couldnt put a scrappy Irish team away,they fannied about for too long.Ireland were poor.

EOS must look at Pillar A&B that is the bread and butter of a forwards defence. This was very similar to what England did to Wales last week. We looked so so soft in the tackling all over the place. Henderson pi$$ed through the defence on countless occasions. Flannery's throwing was sheer rubbish and did anyone notice that we barely challenged in any of their lineouts?????

Oh its gonna be a short WC if we repeat that episode:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Stev_o wrote:
    Can EOS not just ring Humphreys and plead with him that he is desperately needed for the RWC *sigh*

Humphreys must go !!!!

Wallace is a liability waiting to happen , if something happens to O'Gara in France , we are on the first plane home -- not fair on the quality players like O'Driscoll, Darcy, O'Connell, Leamy etc etc , that there chance of glory could be ruined ....
    Please eddie plead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Junior

Wallace needs to move and get game time somewhere, Humphreys going would be a step backwards for this team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fantasma

:cool: After todays result am looking forward to seeing Ireland getting a win against the Italians. Scotland although playing a below par Ireland looked a lot more physical at times.......I am still confused as to how anyone can honestly believe we are capable of winning the world cup. Maybe I have been away too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Junior wrote:
    Wallace needs to move and get game time somewhere, Humphreys going would be a step backwards for this team.

I agree with the first part , "Wallace needs to move" , and make room for Humphreys -- how is that a step backward -- the world cup is next month , and Humphrys is a quality no 10., with International experience , which is critical for a no 10 . I know Eddie won't pick him, but our hold World Cup could be in tatters if O'Gara picks up an injury, or if he is "taken out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Wallace is an IC playing at outhalf for Ireland, not an outhalf playing IC for Ulster. He's a classic 2nd 5/8ths in the SH mould, great breaker and nice hands but he just can't kick well enough.

Boss is a journeyman, he was a journeyman in NZ and he's a journeyman here.

Both Ulster props are crap.

If O'Gara was to die in a car crash at 12am tomorrow, at 1201. O'Sullivan would be chatting up Humphreys after paying his respects to ROGs family. Wallace not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

When was the last time anyone watched Humpheries?

Good goalkicker but he was off the pace for most of last season imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

Wow! The doom-and-gloomers are plentiful following that match.

Horgan's status and the squad for the RWC will be announced this morning at 11.30 by the way.

Worrytahs wrote:
    Wow! The doom-and-gloomers are plentiful following that match.

Horgan's status and the squad for the RWC will be announced this morning at 11.30 by the way.
    Yeah, typical of some fans :)

I wonder will Eddie hold off till Tuesday to name the squad now ? considering the concern to Shaggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Boss is a journeyman, he was a journeyman in NZ and he's a journeyman here.
    QUOTE]

I think the only reason Boss plays for Ireland and Ulster is that he couldn't get anywhere near a decent team in NZ and couldn't even get to carry water for the All Blacks.

He's an NZ cast off much like a lot of the players that Tonga,Fiji and Samoa have. They, like Boss are only playing where they are because NZ don't want them.

So players from Tonga, Samoa and Fiji are All-Black castoffs for playing for their own country :confused:

Regarding Isaac Boss, he played every game for the Chiefs in Super 12's in 2003, and moved on when Kelleher came in, and moved to Hurricanes, he also was part of the u-19 RWC winning AB side.

Whats the alternatives GDM, full of pessimistic ill-informed quips, but fook all answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

zabbo wrote:
    Yeah, typical of some fans :)

I wonder will Eddie hold off till Tuesday to name the squad now ? considering the concern to Shaggy.

Squad is named. Will be up on media in a little bit I should imagine. Horgan is in, by the way.

Advertisement