Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a new club in town

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Please tell me that wanker who knocked me out didn't win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

I get the impression Poker playing Geniuses = Pedantic little agnsty kids tbh. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

NickyOD wrote:
    Please tell me that wanker who knocked me out didn't win it.

Well he was chip leader when i was leaving. He told one player who he just knocked out in a big pot to "mind the trams on your way out". Obnoxious person when he gets going.

Oscar, only kidding. Just the way you deal the river with a flair!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

so here you go folks!

some pictures, some quite good actually! I'm delighted i took them now just for posterity.

Cuban Son, can I leave these in your capable hands? please feel free to do with them what you wish.

http://picasaweb.google.com/irishnikon/LukeSPlace

thanks for the cuban Aidan, i owe you a pint. congrats on u and nicky getting into the money. i was so tired by half three that i was in physical pain!

and that is a rifle Luke is holding, a Winchester repeater i believe.

Dom, go out and get some sunshine or you'll end up looking paler than Dev (what the devil was with that horn necklace! oh great white hunter! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

god i'm pretty.

so who won wha?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

love the pic's Des, seems like a really enjoyable night.

congrats on u and nicky getting into the money.

Nicky didnt make the money. He got dogged on the river aipf by his dear friend(right of picture)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Nicky didnt make the money. He got dogged on the river aipf by his dear friend(right of picture)

it was some horrendus call.

it was some horrendus call.

Yeah 35o or something v AQ. I believe there was some verbal history between them earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

Hopefully last night was the start of many good nights.

Like many others (I suppose) the very first Live game of poker i played was in the Merrion Square building. I was incredibly nervous about trying live poker and the atmosphere was very welcoming so I have an affection for the place ever since.

The first time I ever played a live cash game was soon after in he Fitz and Like was was very friendly there. had my initial experiences of live poker not been so pleasant I would not have ventured back.

I was very surprised last night when Luke recognized me and came over, he could not have seem more than a glimpse of me infrequently and certainly not once in the last 18 months. At the worst its great business savvy or genuine friendliness both which bode well. In fact i wasn't going to play tonite but I will go in for the tourney.

It was also to see Bohsman and Cuban Son doing some work for a change;)

And special Kudos to the Elegant attire of BigCityBanker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

sumoward wrote:

I was very surprised last night when Luke recognized me and came over, he could not have seem more than a glimpse of me infrequently and certainly not once in the last 18 months. At the worst its great business savvy or genuine friendliness both which bode well.

Agree 100%. Luke took my name at registration and remembered it throughout the night. Very impressed with him, he would be a great asset for any business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Yeah 35o or something v AQ. I believe there was some verbal history between them earlier.

There wasn't that much history. All I did was ask him to be quiet while I was involved in a hand and he wasn't. He took the hump and bitched and moaned about it for hours and hours. We had a few ding dong battles but no real verbals, especially not on my part. So then with 3 tables left he makes it 12K I move in for 40K with AQs and he calls with 36o. 3 on river.
    :rolleyes:

I did really enjoy the tournament though. Looking forward to many more great nights there.

NickyOD wrote:
    He too took the hump and bitched and moaned about it for hours and hours.

lol he kept on it for ages after you went too. called clock on me after about 30 seconds when willow raised me and he was already out of the hand but like you did yourself you just have to smile along and try to stack him with the best of it.

It's a good thing they ran out of wine. I'd had 7 glasses by this picture

http://picasaweb.google.com/irishnikon/LukeSPlace/photo#s5099982954887704066

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I think that's yer man Paddy, regular on the local scene. Had he a fairly strong Dublin accent? Get's tilty easily enough, hence his strange call, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Anyone know if Eamon Connolly made the FT??

Great night last night. I started well but ran cold for about the last 3 hours. I dread to think what time this finished last night btw...

I think that's yer man Paddy, regular on the local scene. Had he a fairly strong Dublin accent? Get's tilty easily enough, hence his strange call, I'd imagine.

Paddy O'Neill - obnoxious arsehole.

Get's tilty easily enough, hence his strange call, I'd imagine.

Yeah thats him i know him from the S.E. He can be funny to listen to at times even just to liven up a quiet table but he's quite ignorant overall and when he drinks forgetaboutit. Its funny to watch him lose a pot, see him take the beat calmly for about 8 seconds before you can visibally see him washed over by a wave of tilt!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,233 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I didn't even think you were there Lloyd, I must have missed you.

Figured I was difficult to miss, lol!! Was downstairs the entire time and went off with Masters during the break. Didn't know you were back in Dublin.

Yeah thats him i know him from the S.E. He can be funny to listen to at times even just to liven up a quiet table but he's quite ignorant overall and when he drinks forgetaboutit. Its funny to watch him lose a pot, see him take the beat calmly for about 8 seconds before you can visibally see him washed over by a wave of tilt!.

"THAT'S POKER!!". Quite a smackable bloke to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Figured I was difficult to miss, lol!! Was downstairs the entire time and went off with Masters during the break. Didn't know you were back in Dublin.

Well in fairness Lloyd you were late and Reggie was an uncharacterictic 45 minutes early!! :eek:

You seemed very tilty last night Lloyd for some reason. Life tilt perhaps??

Its funny to watch him lose a pot, see him take the beat calmly for about 8 seconds before you can visibally see him washed over by a wave of tilt!.

QFT

ollyk1 wrote:
    Well in fairness Lloyd you were late and Reggie was an uncharacterictic 45 minutes early!! :eek:

You seemed very tilty last night Lloyd for some reason. Life tilt perhaps??

Ah, I was out till very late the previous night boozing and had had a long day at work. I was just really tired more than anything else.

Thought I played ok all the same - just got no help whatsoever from the deck. One hand I'm unsure about was when I laid down TPTK to 30Something after he check raised me very small and put me to a decision for my stack. I folded leaving myself 12 BBs. Meh.

Some of the play at my table really had to be seen before it could be believed. *Shrugs.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Figured I was difficult to miss, lol!!.

Ive got to rat out Doc Farrell here. We heard you before we saw you Lloyd. You were belly laugh chortling very very loudly. I heard Doc Farrell react with "Jesus Christ!".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Paddys a good guy, hopefully he was involved in a deal with Dom, Willow and Mark, Eamonn made the final table, came 9th I think.

Surely personal abuse isnt allowed? I know if you went on the football forum and said that about anyone involved in football itd be a ban.

^^ is it classified as personal abuse? i was offering it forward as my opinion of him. further to say ive not seen much good in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

karlh wrote:
    god i'm pretty.

so who won wha?

you may be pretty but there's no way you're as pretty as me, i mean have you seen me lately?! God, i'm gorgeous! Gorgeous!

so who did win wha?

p.s. paddy's one of the good guys, he might be having a few things going on right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I certainly have no problem with Paddy apart from him calling me 'dotsy' every time he saw me in the fitz.

Advertisement