Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a new club in town

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭sumoward

you will only remember the best times of your life long after they are gone. this could be one of them, as could Vera's game on Sunday. so if you are free and can afford it, i do heartily recommend them.

You just sold me on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

I got a hall pass, just one question, can I give ALL my entry fee and top up to Charity seeing as its dead money anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

lol you most certainly can but give it a spin ya might get lucky then give all the dead money to charity lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Donal I wont be going in to play tournament, I'll pop my head in.....and me easy money....then what are you :)

I assume there will be cash games after? Omaha only and stuff???

when was the last time me and you played a game????

as for cash games - will there be any?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

just a reminder to ppl not to forget to adhere to the strict dress code. Tux is required by all.

• Advertisement

just a reminder to ppl not to forget to adhere to the strict dress code. Tux is required by all.
    except for you noel you come in your tiger skin underwear and cowboy hat LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

MickL wrote:
    except for you noel you come in your tiger skin underwear and cowboy hat LoL

Jesus, I was going to go to this and then you go putting images like this in my head....sick

<rushes to bathroom for projectile vomiting>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Uh-Oh

Looks like i'll have to stay home and cry.

Jesus, I was going to go to this and then you go putting images like this in my head....sick

<rushes to bathroom for projectile vomiting>

wevev all seen it before (Noel on s good day)model1-9941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,197 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Folks - is it actually black tie??? Can I not turn up my usual scruffy self in jeans and a hoodie?? If so - boo!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lloyd, cop on ffs and stop asking stupid questions.

Other answer, yes, you should wear a tux.

5starpool wrote:
    Lloyd, cop on ffs and stop asking stupid questions.

Other answer, yes, you should wear a tux.

That really confused me. :( Which is it? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Minimum requirement is a Grosvenor Lane tracksuit.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    That really confused me. :( Which is it? :mad:
    You'll figure it out. I'm going if that helps your decision making.

5starpool wrote:
    You'll figure it out. I'm going if that helps your decision making.

Looking like **** FTW. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

pha0111l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Fcuk it anyway, had been making plans to attend this and then my mate goes and organises his stag to Galway this week-end. Just like to wish Luke and all his staff a successfull night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im in Dublin tonite so i will be attending this. Im in Dublin every nite though. Just need to drop into blacktie first.
    Early photo so far from CoolHandLukes reception
    Come on Lloyd now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Folks - is it actually black tie??? Can I not turn up my usual scruffy self in jeans and a hoodie?? If so - boo!! :(

mods, 24hr ban!??!?! we don't need this kind of idiocy around these forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Looking for forward to this tonight should be a great game.

• Advertisement

Best of look to Luke with this new venture. Wasn't the most enjoyable of tournaments from a personal perspective - but it was a good event. Decent money raised for charity which is the main thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Best of look to Luke with this new venture. Wasn't the most enjoyable of tournaments from a personal perspective - but it was a good event. Decent money raised for charity which is the main thing.

did many turn up Lloyd, why you not enjoy it dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Tourney got 124 runners, $5000 raised for charity (4400 + 600 donated by boards) had a circa $16500 prize pool.

Very enjoyable atmosphere, and with starting stacks of 4000+2000 for the $25 charity donation, reasonable amount of play.

Knocked out at 1:30, still 58 runners left so will be a late one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Atmosphere was buzzing in there....Shame I donked away my chips but I was always making a donation in my current state of not knowing what is going on around me :)

Get well soon Wes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just in from this. I'm fckin disgusted...

Was sittin on 56k, blinds 800/1500. Folded to me in the Cutoff and i make it 4600 to go with J8s, BB thinks for a bit and calls

Flop is Q96

He checks, i bet 6k, he raises to 18k and i call ( BB is a donkey, i'm 90% sure he's only trying to bluff the pot and seen my bet as a continuation bet. I was going to 3bet the flop but theres a part of me that thinks he may have something, so if he leads the turn, i'll fold)

Turn is 8

He checks and i bet 31k, leaving just 1300 or so chips on my cards. he counts out his chips, thinks for ages and says the immortal words...."I want to go home anyway" and makes the call leaving 1800 behind.

River 2 check check and he wins with a pair of 9s!

Table broke the next hand and i just left, 30ish players left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

LuckyLloyd wrote:

I didn't even think you were there Lloyd, I must have missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ooo wee ooo i look just like buddy holly.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

connie147 wrote:
    Fcuk it anyway, had been making plans to attend this and then my mate goes and organises his stag to Galway this week-end. Just like to wish Luke and all his staff a successfull night.
    strange coincidence Connie, i'll be in galway for a stag tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

just back from this. finished somewhere in the money towards the lower end which was ugh.
    learnt a couple of things which i might reflect on in due course. Lot of money raised as we were able to buy bonus chips twice. Oscar is a river card dealing sado.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The only hand I remember dealing you was a miracle J against Jays QQ

Advertisement