Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest/Most Expensive Pint in Ireland?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 FreudianSlipOn

Legg's on Leeson Street. €6 for a 330ml bottle of Corona. That's over a tenner per pint.

How the hell do they get away with charging that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Because people keep paying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Irish Indo Website:
    "Popular Dublin haunt Oliver St John Gogarty’s hit social media headlines this morning after a customer posted their receipt online last night.
    The customer bought a pint of Coors and a pint of Carlsberg for €7.15 each."

This is why we need the 9% VAT rate!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

johnwd wrote: »
    Irish Indo Website:
    "Popular Dublin haunt Oliver St John Gogarty’s hit social media headlines this morning after a customer posted their receipt online last night.
    The customer bought a pint of Coors and a pint of Carlsberg for €7.15 each."

This is why we need the 9% VAT rate!!

Except alcohol isn't included in the 9% rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

€3.10 for any pint up to 11pm in The Bróg in Cork.

The place is a bit of a student kip, but is good to go to before moving on to somewhere better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Most places in Carlow town are €3.50 per pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

It was €3.50 for a sport sized bottle of water in the Odeon in Blanchard's town last night. Yep, water. Who buys this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

winston82 wrote: »
    It was €3.50 for a sport sized bottle of water in the Odeon in Blanchard's town last night. Yep, water. Who buys this stuff?

I'd buy absolutely nothing in that place - totally over priced. I think I saw a large popcorn is €5.75 when I was there last Friday, for anyone crazy enough to pay that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

it serves til all hours, free in, on a popular street that in general is a rip off, and its the only beer they serve. great spot tho... most are too locked to drink by the time they fall in there

Advertisement