Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Poker Open - New Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

ShadowBJ21 wrote:
    Wow, that's a bad exchange rate you got there. What kind of deposit method did you use?

The $170+35 Buy-In at Mermaid is almost exactly €150 with a fair exchange rate. Even if the rate gets worse it shouldn't differ by more than $1 or so.

Shadow

Yeah I know! My €150 converted into $198!!! thats $7 differance......don't mind the $7 but don't want to be paying any more than anyone else tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

win you way to seven dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Yeah I know! My €150 converted into $198!!! thats $7 differance......don't mind the $7 but don't want to be paying any more than anyone else tbh

Thats my concern too Conor, I know you don't need or mind about the money.....It will be sorted out shortly, I will PM you and post here as soon as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 HugoDuncan

Hi, new to the forum but not new to poker :)

There will be at least 3 of us travelling from Bangor, Norn Iron. Possibly 4 or 5 of us. Will get everyone signed up and registered asap. Look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

Hugo, do you also want to register yourself and your buddies into the team event>
    we can sort it out on the day but reg closes at midnight tonite
    just post here and i will take it that you are in

clamper
    for and on behalf of pokerireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

carfax wrote:
    Don't register just yet Conor......I'm going to get the tournament put in the lobby in Euro if this is not just some sort of mistake.

It was originally supposed to be in Euro but Anna had some difficulty with the network. Don't pay any more than €150 for entry.

As i explained earlier the Boss Media software where supposed to change to Euro in early june but it was pushed and are still pushed.

The currency rate is not set by any of the skinns or Boss media its set by Webdollar. The currency rate follow $ as most poker rooms do. witch can also means in the end that tis possible that one have registred with some differtn value, yes, this is very unlucky and quite stupid, yes. but currency rates are out of the skins/ mermaid hands to control.

I am looking into this but wanted to you all to know that currency rates are very few in the world that can affect.

Anna

you can mail me on ac@mermaidpoker.info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The fact is that this is a 125+25EURO tournament, its not fair that some have to pay more than others, you obviously have to set up a new lobby charging only $195 while the exchange rate stays this way. Especially since a lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble to lodge 150euro as told to do by you, now theyre being told they have to do another bank transfer/whatever for $7? Whats the minimum lodgement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ShadowBJ21

I stil don't get were the $198 came from. I mentioned in an early post that webdoallar has a quite bad exchange rate (in my case for the paysafecard). But even there you just would have needed €152,77 to cover the $205 (at todays conversion at webdollar). Personally I have no problems with those €2,77 I had to pay more.

Usually I would have paid with Neteller but hadn't enough funds there at this time. And I would have had the same trouble vice versa if the tournament was in Euro as my Neteller account is in Dollar. And I assume this is the case for the majority of people.

Charging $195 (how did you came up with that number?) would mean that people paying in EUR only have to pay €145,32 (using webdollar) ... a €4,68 advantage vs. those paying in Dollar. Even more unfair compared to only €2,77 difference!

Shadow

I cant agree more, its not fair.
    Its not fair that maybe a few will even pay less due to currency rate is there?

As i said we are looking into it and see what we can do but currency ratets are not anything the skins decide over.

Please, this is not anything we want any of us. We are looking into it.

anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

just lodge €160 via moneybookers.....pay your $205 entry for the IPO.....
    and use the $15 remainder in the mermaid large screen mode and sample the software.........crystal clear colours man and groovy graphics..far out man...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

This may have been asked before but why didn't you setup a 'holding tank' with a buyin of €150 or $195 etc ?

Betfair and several other sites do this so you can buy in directly to the event.

Just a suggestion.

thats a great suggestion Hammer

Anna, can you do this in Mermaid ??? sounds like a solution we hadnt seen b4

the whole problem started coz BOSS were supposed to convert all their online to Euro in July, that didnt happen so,,,,,

otherwise we would have announced the entire thing in DOLLARS from the get go and everything would have been simple

we are in the mess now, thru no fault of our own or Mermaids but we will sort it, like we always do

never fear, clamper's here

now park legally, you know its the right thing to do

thats a great suggestion Hammer

Anna, can you do this in Mermaid ??? sounds like a solution we hadnt seen b4

the whole problem started coz BOSS were supposed to convert all their online to Euro in July, that didnt happen so,,,,,

otherwise we would have announced the entire thing in DOLLARS from the get go and everything would have been simple

we are in the mess now, thru no fault of our own or Mermaids but we will sort it, like we always do

never fear, clamper's here

now park legally, you know its the right thing to do

I dont know what means with a holding tank so if anyone care to explain. Dont see how that would change the currency rate tough.

Clamper, i think it better to have the discussion on what we can or can not do outside a forum and then present it when we know what we are facing.

Truly sorry for all the problems along the road but its actually not really anyones fault. And i do hope you dont give up on IPO due to it since IPO are a geat idea and am sure will be a weekend to remember for long time.

Still currency rate is there on most sites, and sometimes it benefits you and sometimes it dont. With that not said i disagree, it is bad, but unless one own a country full of oil i doubt one can affect currency rates. but i am trying :)
    Anna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

How many registered so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

How many registered so far?

98 as of 30 seconds ago

98 Regd, But Something Like 37 Teams Of 6 Regd
    Thats At Least 37 X 6 = 222
    With The Bookings For Hotels Etc, Right Now I Am Fairly Confident The Real Number Coming So Far Is About 380 / 400
    With Over A Month To Go, That Aint Bad
    Looks Like Its Gonna Be Full

If the student game is any thing to go by, most of the registration will be in the last week/two days

correct mellor
    the last minute brigade will come charging over the hill at the last possible moment as per usual

at the student event we had people asking why we hadnt told anyone about it?, like we never advertised it, or else he would have registered earlier than at 02:00 on the day of the event, phoning steve asking if he was too late to reg

we blame ourselves for being too obliging and doing all the work for the players, nbo wait a minute, thats our job for god's sake, we have to oblige the players and do everything we can to facilitate them and ensure a smooth transition from unregistered to registered without undue delay or fuss

so

if you know of anyone thinking of entreing, please ask them to reg sooner rather than later, i think this will be full or near as dammit, certainly there will be chaos as we near the event and once the last minute brigade start over that hill, we can all watch out,
    can you just imagine the trail of destruction left behind as 500 men, true and strong, thrash the lanscape with horse manure flying around and the sound of hooves making as much noise as a herd of elephants rushing to the last oasis of water on a barren tundra, definitely a sight to behold, so long as you are not in the way

come to think of it, elephant s,,t would be even worse

how did we get sidetracked onto this?

anyway, get registered soon and avoid the rush, make it easy for steve and i to be as professional in our dealings with all the players equally

kind regards

now please park legally, it would leave me with more frre time to deal with poker

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Mellor wrote:
    If the student game is any thing to go by, most of the registration will be in the last week/two hours

Fyp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

Here, the fact of the matter is why someone should pay more than someone else. It does matter that one day Joe Bloggs only paid €145, when your registering, all you care about is that you are paying the same as everyone else! This is why nobody like registrating through a website.

Stephen if you are taking reg. for the tourney in dollars and the currency crashes or something are you not going to get screwed!?

Also if everyone registers when the currency exchange is good and a load of people only have to pay for example €145, is this going to effect the prizepool??

hi carfax,

is the paysafecard system to fund a mermaid account up and running?

[DM] Frink wrote:
    Here, the fact of the matter is why someone should pay more than someone else. It does matter that one day Joe Bloggs only paid €145, when your registering, all you care about is that you are paying the same as everyone else! This is why nobody like registrating through a website.

Stephen if you are taking reg. for the tourney in dollars and the currency crashes or something are you not going to get screwed!?

Also if everyone registers when the currency exchange is good and a load of people only have to pay for example €145, is this going to effect the prizepool??
    Strictly speaking the money is being looked after by Mermaid, they have agreed to pay out in wuro, a set euro amount, €125 per player, bonus aside.
    If the dollar currency crashes its their problem, at the same time if it rises its their gain. All this is probably little to worry about as mermaid accounts are most likely euro, dollar being used as the internet norm.

eoin-dubh wrote:
    hi carfax,

is the paysafecard system to fund a mermaid account up and running?

Its up and running but I'm having a few issues with a number of suppliers at the moment......Anyone interested in paying with paysafe just send me an email; stephen@pokerireland.ie

Cheers

Entry to the IPO is €125 + €25. Simple as that.

Nobody will be left out in the cold and everyone will be treated fairly. Just bear with us until we get this sorted.

ta carfax

Limited Hotel Rooms for The I P O

there is limited availability in the Montrose Hotel Dublin

its about a 15 minute walk or a 4 minute taxi ride from the RDS Ballsbridge D4

there are only 20 rooms available to us at this time

for these dates below

5th / 6th / 7th Sept 2007
    single €109
    double €119
    triple €129 (limited availability)

these prices are subject to using a pre booking code in association with mentioning Poker Ireland
    code : poke-051007

all charges will be applied directly to the person making the booking

bookings must be made prior to the 12th Sept 2007, they wont hold these rooms open after that

if you book after the above date, you will most likely be charged at a higher rate as these prices usually only go one way,,i.e. up

there is a concert on that weekend so, book early to avoid disappointment

ph +353 1 269 33 11 ask for reservations,,,,quote code,,,,,pay.

we are still trying other hotels for rooms, if we get one we will post it here

Clamper

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are getting a great reaction from the tournaments we are travelling around to.

Lots of players that said there is no way they will register online are going to do so now after hearing our reasoning.

I'm getting so many emails from European players it is actually starting to scare me (what have we let ourselves in for :eek: ).......There is going to be a big French presence, which is great.

Our main aim now is to make sure that every player that wants to participate in this event will be able to.

If you know anyone that would like to play but says that they will not be willing to register online, could you ask them to send me an email (and don't tell me they don't have access to the internet because that would just be lying :) ).

Thanks,
    Stephen.

Update to follow shortly on the Euro to Dollar situation.

Guys there are only a couple hundred Irish players that have opened their Mermaid account so far.

It would be a good idea for anyone thinking of playing in the IPO to open an account. It only takes a minute and doesn't cost a thing....Have a look at www.pokerireland.ie and click on any of the Mermaid Poker links.

When you do want to buy into the tournament it will just make it easier for me if I find out about any possible problems sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Any links to Rakeback sites for Mermaid? Gonna sign up but want to sort out the rakeback first...

Advertisement