Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your cure for the blues?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Some "afternoon delight" or watching the Sound of Music (NEVER at the same time!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Talking with my other half, he just knows how to cheer me up!

Other than that, going for a long walk, going shopping with my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Playing The Show Must Go On repeatedly til I'm all cried out. It's my ultimate in-a-bad-mood song.

Otherwise, a long walk or a run; earl grey tea with lemon and the new Vogue or In Style to read, writing it all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yep, gotta say... talking to the other half (without him technically *being* my other half...) is totally foolproof! always knows what to say and do, and when to let me be sad and when to help pick me up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some music I can get up and have an aul dance to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Going to a gig...preferably a metal one

hmmm... i kinda agree on principle... but in practicality.. they usually have to be booked/organised in advance, and cos of hte anticipation, its hard to be down/depressed cos youre looking forward to it so much!

*accidently ruins davei's happy place*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i crank up some qotsa! sometimes ill play the blues on the guitar or even the bass, i find playing the blues vents it for me, i play my best stuff when im feeling that way.

The only thing thats 100% going to get me out of the blues, is playing the drums, and starting it off with the songs for the deaf intro, then keeping the beat going and hammering those fkin toms untill i start to burn out and my legs and arms feel like they are going to fall off from 40 minutes of non stop drumming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

narco wrote:
    hmmm... i kinda agree on principle... but in practicality.. they usually have to be booked/organised in advance, and cos of hte anticipation, its hard to be down/depressed cos youre looking forward to it so much!

*accidently ruins davei's happy place*

Theres plenty of places that have gigs on and you can decide to go at the drop of a hat, takes about as much planning as choosing a cd really...and with the unknown gigs you only really know till its after kicking off whether it be any good or so not much looking forward or anticipation. :)

sweet!

*tags on to davai for a night*

heh, anything that involves spending money and doenst result in jack daniels is a depressant for me though... haha! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My husband can always make me smile, just looking at his face makes me happy. A good shag from him also helps :D

Chocolate, a fast walk listening to the Pixies or Nirvana, my daddy - they all chear me up when I am down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

A ferocious w@nk will do no harm. Followed by a long walk, or drive, with the radio/ipod up loud!!!

Edit: sleep can be good too

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭theAwakening

don't really suffer from 'the blues' really. But I'll always remember what a friend of mine said when someone was whinging about something.

"Could be worse. You could have one leg."

Sums it up really. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

A hard workout!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

I listen to this :):D

Advertisement