Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your cure for the blues?

Options
  • 12-07-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

A walk can be nice to think about things and put stuff back into perspective.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

I crank on some really good music really loud and sit down and just listen for about a half hour or so. A good sound system helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

For me, very loud music and a really nice sandwich is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I normally listen to some good house music or something like the editors or something like that. Nice and loud also. As Gumby said. This is the best way to do it I find

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drive and a nice meal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yore Ma

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Music and singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Watch an episode or 7 of your favourite comedy show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Alcohol...and a good night out with loads of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Doing something with my mates, be it a game of Pes or a few pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

(Headphones && ipod) + (couch || washing up || walk) = happy out

Heading out for a cycle is a great way to get the happy chemicals to work also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Yeah giving the house a clean and listening to some good music does it for me aswell actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Go for a drive, head to the gym, do some photoshopping, buy something on ebay..

isn't this what hobbies are for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I play something dumb and shooty on my pc, Call of Duty 2 being the current one.

Honestly, after you've shot a couple of hundred nazis you'll start to feel better.

Failing that, music. Louder the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A nice long cycle by the coast.
    Portmarnock is lovely this time of year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

browse /b/ in 4chan and see just how much sadder some people are than me. :D

actually nah, i go for a stroll, listen to some grizzly bear, play some games, whatever, i dont have a set cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Depends really what kind of blues I got. Queen (live wimbely album) usually gets me in a jolly mood, same goes for some classic Metallica. A good sound system makes the difference.

Good comedy shows too like Police Squad!, South Park, or That 70's Show.

And if I feel like killing something I slap on a good shoot 'em up.

Hmm, really my laptop is the source of all my blues cures, I'd be a depressing cúnt without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭folkface

Hanging around a car licence test centre - and when people come out after doing their test ask them if they passed or failed.
    :D
    (sometimes you can have a bet with yourself just by the look on their face).

Nothing like the feeling of knowing your better than somebody else.
    If they failed you can say - enjoy the wait to do it again - holds hand up to forehead and makes an L shape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Playing Guitar over a nice bluesy song or backing track. So easy and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

When I get the blues, I turn to the greens. Bongs for preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jrembin

Zoloft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I find alcohol and bed make the blues worse
    excersise is good, i also find since taking up photography going out snapping something different with the camera helps .... sad music is good too (jeff buckley/ leonard cohen / bob dylan) -- and communicating with people is positive

Oh forgot ---

no woman no cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

30mins watching a documentary about people much less fortunate than yourself. that puts things into perspective

a good ride. nuff said.

listening to your fave album very loud. as said before. brushes off the cobwebs

a fast drive. gets the adrenaline pumping

some 1:1 playtime with young kids preferably involving some conversation about things they dont fully understand. borrow them if you dont have them yourself. kids never cease to amaze me and make me feel happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Playing Feeder - Love Pollution really loud and singing along usually puts me into instant happy mode.
    Ahhhh even thinking about listening to it makes me happy.

Driving , shopping or sex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

Curlin up into the BF's pit on the couch and watching Starsky & Hutch (the movie)...works every time!:) (sad..i know!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I play the Blues.

If its a really bad hangover or come down you can't beat video games!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In addition to a few pints, I'd have to agree with CSG (apart from the driving & the shopping :rolleyes:), plus good music, playing with my 2 boys, or going fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

I dont get the blues, I'm whats been referred to before as "maniacally happy". And even when I heard that, I still just grinned back at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Laughing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Any kind of phsyical activity always gets me back on track to be honest.

Juat chilling with my girlfriend always makes the world seem a little bit better as well.

Advertisement