Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Thanks! Snapped this up! Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Thanks! Snapped this up! Bargain!

your welcome , im sure you'll enjoy the shows , ive seen all the shows for the last two years and a few older ones and I could count on one hand the bad ones by PWG standards

Shows like BOLA , All star weekend and DDT4 are usual safe bets to order

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

jeffk wrote: »
    your welcome , im sure you'll enjoy the shows , ive seen all the shows for the last two years and a few older ones and I could count on one hand the bad ones by PWG standards

Shows like BOLA , All star weekend and DDT4 are usual safe bets to order

Yeah I've only got into PWG over the last year or so but I ordered:

2010 Battle of Los Angeles Night 2
    All Star Weekend 8 - Night One
    Eight
    2011 Battle of Los Angeles
    Steen Wolf

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Yeah I've only got into PWG over the last year or so but I ordered:

2010 Battle of Los Angeles Night 2
    All Star Weekend 8 - Night One
    Eight
    2011 Battle of Los Angeles
    Steen Wolf

Looking forward to it!

Its the safest bet Indie to watch in the US, ROH is gone terrible.

On PWGs YouTube channel they have previews of all the shows, they contain spoilers so beware

https://www.youtube.com/user/PWGWrestling

I forgot the anniversary shows as they mostly have names for them , not just x year anniversary like ROH do.

I wont say anything about the shows because Ill probably just give you spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

CEX have a good few WWE Blurays and DVDs at the moment, the prices can be hit and miss though, check their site for prices and stock levels. ie.webuy.com

HMV is now owned by the same crowd as Xtravision and will be stocking DVDs from xtravisions supplier so won't be too likely to see any silver vision stuff popping up, only other place is gamestop but they don't get that many in in the stores I go into myself anymore most of us are holding onto what we have.

What makes you say HMV are using Xtravision's supplier? I'd have thought they'd be getting their stock via the UK like before though I suppose it would explain why the reopened HMV's are pretty light on stock. Their bluray selection is quite poor.

• Advertisement

Bit of a bargain alert: I saw a second hand copy of 25 Greatest Rivalries on blu-ray for €15 in CEX in the Square Tallaght yesterday.

I watched the History of WWE documentary. As you'd imagine i is a very creative approach to history. There's quite a bit of the money business aspect covered, the steroid trial era is covered and the rest is as you'd expect: Wrestlemania, Monday night war, Montreal screwjob, charity work etc. All very self-congratulatory and nothing too special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Yeah the early stuff is pretty good but once it get to the first Wrestlemania it's nothing you haven't seen before.

Few discounts on Fermantle http://www.wwedvd.co.uk/black-friday-sale-c-262.html

Mankind, Bret Hart Unreleased, Mania 29 and a few others are £13/€15.49 each.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Loved the Mankind one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The WWE DVD UK site are doing a 20% off sale today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Got my brother the Best of In Your House on Dvd for Christmas, not a lot of killer releases this winter as the Foley one covers a lot of old ground & HHH's one was lets just call it safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was in CEX on Liffey Street yesterday and there wasn't a wrestling DVD on the normally fully packed shelf.

Great to see a lot of young uns and not so young uns getting some DVDs for gifts and presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Anyone know if the Raw box set is being released on this side of the world? Don't see it on amazon or Fremantle. It's got last year's post mania show in Miami that I was at so I'm keen to get it.

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Raw box set is being released on this side of the world? Don't see it on amazon or Fremantle. It's got last year's post mania show in Miami that I was at so I'm keen to get it.

Freemantle said on their WWE Home Video UK Facebook page that they won't be releasing it due to the cost of BBFC certification. The US release of it is apparently a limited edition thing with very few copies around, it has been removed from Amazon afaik.

Is there any WWE/wrestling in general on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Freemantle said on their WWE Home Video UK Facebook page that they won't be releasing it due to the cost of BBFC certification. The US release of it is apparently a limited edition thing with very few copies around, it has been removed from Amazon afaik.

Is there any WWE/wrestling in general on Netflix?

None on the Irish one

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Andy_rse wrote: »

only way to you're hands on one is to import it from usa or australia, i order a copy from australia for 61 euro includes delivery as well not too bad i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

As an experiment the next time you lads pass a CeX go in and check out how many second hand DVDs are on sale after this past week and the WWE Network announcement.

rovert wrote: »
    As an experiment the next time you lads pass a CeX go in and check out how many second hand DVDs are on sale after this past week and the WWE Network announcement.

I'm glad I sold my entire ECW collection (Every DVD released in UK/IRE) last year on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

why what's happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I go in every time I'm in town. They've been cleared out since Chrimbo. I picked up the three disc Bret hart set yesterday. Nearly s#at a brick when Benoit turned up. Forgot he was around back then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah jaysus I thought you meant you met him in town!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ah jaysus I thought you meant you met him in town!

Then I'd've called V1 to punch him in the face. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Was in the Liffey street one yesterday bought the Mysterio set for a tenner put apart from that they didn't have much there.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Was in the Liffey street one yesterday bought the Mysterio set for a tenner put apart from that they didn't have much there.

Got that in superquinn a couple of months ago for a fiver. Saw it in there yesterday too.

What is this experiment supposed to prove?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

What is this experiment supposed to prove?

I imagine people who aren't collectors will start offloading their dvds while there's still some value to them, I'm sure the network will have an affect on DVD sales.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Although we're not getting it for at least the guts of a year and WWE won't pay for songs (like nWo, edge, taker etc) so they might regret it!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Although we're not getting it for at least the guts of a year and WWE won't pay for songs (like nWo, edge, taker etc) so they might regret it!

They're dubbed out on a lot of DVDs as well.

The 2002 PPV DVDs are some of the worst for dubbed out songs.

Advertisement