Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else quit or quitting?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I cancelled my account toda. Good riddens!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hit 70 a few weeks ago and I'm thinking of quitting. I don't have the time to devote to raiding, questing is pointless now and grinding reputation is a pain in the arse. The joy seems to be sucked out of the game now I've reached the level cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Hit 70 a few weeks ago and I'm thinking of quitting. I don't have the time to devote to raiding, questing is pointless now and grinding reputation is a pain in the arse. The joy seems to be sucked out of the game now I've reached the level cap.

That's why they are releasing a new expansion.

Quit until then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well i started this thread but admit to going back to wow,i missed it lol.
    I enjoyed LOTRO but im bored of the questing element of mmo`s.
    LOTRO just doesnt have instances like wow does yet.
    I too dont bother raiding as its too time consuming but i mostly do heroic instances now.

I dont think the rep grind is bad for heroics tbh,i mean if you do instances as you level up you get lots of rep anyways,then when you ding 70 you will more than likely want decent 70 blue gear so you will be doing more instances and gain more rep.
    I find if you take this approach your almost revered with the relevant factions when you hit 70 anyways so heroics are not far off.

In fairness to blizz the heroics are a great idea for non harcore players who dont have time for a 4 hour sitting of kara etc.
    I enjoy heroics immensely i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Hey all, I quit nearly a year ago. I virtually failed my end of year exams as a result of the game...and I'm a mature part-timer with OU...which is worse to have allowed it happen!

But lately - as I near the end my studies I'm really getting the itch to get back. I have lined up 2 other irish mates to join back in with me. But it strikes me that of the people I know, many agreeing with you all, they all raced up the ladder and hit the end at flying speed.

On the other hand I think slowly enjoying game play...not 7 hours every evening...should make a bit of a difference. Thats what I'm going to try out this time. I was spending viritually every minute in the AH trying to make some squids and not playing....no wonder I god board.

So to be honest - having quit nearly 13 months prev - come october I'm looking forward to getting back in there with some new mates and enjoying it. So no more college stress etc. will only take a few hours per evening (as hard as that sounds) and hopefully it will be a much better experience all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

surilol?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm back playing wow now the last few weeks. Reinstalled it and started a new char, on kazzak with some friends rolling a mage, good fun again.

Cant wait to do endgame

Advertisement