Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else quit or quitting?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Tak3n wrote:
    which in fact they were and its on a few news sites if you google it.
    No. It's on a bunch of forums and blogs if you google it. This forum is not going to be one of them until someone has some actual evidence.

Repeat such an allegation without proper evidence to back it up and you will find yourself permanently banned from boards.ie as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I cancelled my subs back in February I think. I was only mid-40's, but I just don't have the time to spend 3-4 hours a night, 4 nights a week, hacking away and waiting around for raids to start, and so on.

Enjoyed it while I played though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

-_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Hmm what happened to Tak3n's real post?

I'm confused :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

BadCharlie wrote:
    What is warhammer going to be out in europe ?

Still playing WoW and am enjoying it.

didnt know you played wow steve. wat server are you on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I hate to say it but I'm starting to get sick of the game. Just doesn't do it for me anymore, and I always seem to be considering in my head all the things I could be doing if I wasn't playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    I hate to say it but I'm starting to get sick of the game. Just doesn't do it for me anymore, and I always seem to be considering in my head all the things I could be doing if I wasn't playing it.

its pissing me off too, raiding is a farce... get 25 people who dont give a crap to show up regularly... that alone is failure. im considering going arena spec and just getting my epics that way... but i really like pve...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I've stopped playing now also. I've done everything I can with my character apart from the top instances (SSC, TK etc.) and I can't really be arsed with spending week after week waiting for rare items to drop (and then be out-bid on them no doubt). Since my main is a Hunter, I haven't enjoyed the Arenas much either so there's really nothing left that I want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm wared of Borecraft. There's nothing really left for me to do in the game other than gear up a level a few more toons. I still pop on from time to time to toddle about for a bit, cause general mayhem in STV and the likes - but other than that, the game is losing it's appeal very quickly and the prices lvl 70 accounts sell for are gaining their appeal very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Is that not illegal so to speak? How much do they go for roughly anyway?

• Advertisement

Throwing a jellybaby on the ground is illegal too. I'm not sure, but I remember seeing level 60's going for 500 bucks. I'd imagine a well geared level 70 could go for about 700. I'm not sure tbh. If you invest time into a game and want to sell the character, who's to tell you that you can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

dlofnep wrote:
    If you invest time into a game and want to sell the character, who's to tell you that you can't?

The Blizzard T&C's which you agreed to before leveling your character for one.
    That said I disagree with the Blizzard stance on the subject.

dlofnep wrote:
    Throwing a jellybaby on the ground is illegal too. I'm not sure, but I remember seeing level 60's going for 500 bucks. I'd imagine a well geared level 70 could go for about 700. I'm not sure tbh. If you invest time into a game and want to sell the character, who's to tell you that you can't?

You won't get anything near 700 for a 70.

One of the arena winning rogues sold his account for 650 dollars,

And that is with the armored netherdrake and all the best arena gear.

More like 150-200 Euro for a decent equipped 70. Even that is a stretch and beware of people who will pull the paypal funds back after the transaction, If you dont sell it to someone you know of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Ive quit twice and gone back to the game to make another/few characters. Uninstalling the game didnt seem to work either.6 discs/ 1 hour installation. ha. Selling the toon was the only way out.

Was pretty funny when i ebayed my character. I had some kid transfer 500dollars into my paypal account only for him to realize it was a european account.I could of held onto it but decided to return the money back to him.Funny thing was his mother started emailing me praising god, honesty etc. The 500dallars was his saved up pocket money. I mean where does a 14year old kid get that much dough from? Ebay was cracking down on auctioned characters, blizzard must of been leaning on them hard. In the end i didnt managed to sell it. Even though i had a couple of bids and some watchers. boo urns. ebay got fairly quick at taking them down

Went back and made a shadowpriest for arena pvps only to realize they are useless. So back to selling the character. No chance of it on ebay and irc is too dodgy. So happily sold the account to gold farmers for 100euro.

Thats how i got out of wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

tom_ass19 wrote:
    didnt know you played wow steve. wat server are you on

Only started to play it about 8weeks ago now. My connection is bad but good enought for WoW. I play on a server called Alonso's with some friends.

Have a 48 Hunter.
    24 Warrior.
    11 Rouge.

But im intrested in this Warhammer it just might be the next big thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

No might about it, IT WILL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

The Blizzard T&C's which you agreed to before leveling your character for one.
    That said I disagree with the Blizzard stance on the subject.

I presume they dont want characters sold as it takes a while to level up to 70 which means subs for them. That said, it's impossible to police.

Google characters eg tauren warrior level 70 and you get private pages flogging them for $500+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheViking

i am thinking of going back tbh it helps me with quiting smoking lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Played for 6 weeks and while it was fun at first it got sooooooo boring once I hit 70. I hate zones that require keys as its nothing more than a timesink. Then the new flying mounts they added required even more timesinks :(

Sod that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh my God..... you must no life whatso ever!

Only joking South Park gave me the idea, but what is WoW about anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

i quit back in march and i am happy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Nailz wrote:
    Oh my God..... you must no life whatso ever!

Only joking South Park gave me the idea, but what is WoW about anyway?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_warcraft

Thanks buddy, and that dude on the front of the box with the beard and shotgun... wasn't that Cartmans character in South Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Uh yeah. It's called a dwarf

Jayzus wouldn't want to get him pissed-off!

WellyJ wrote:
    You won't get anything near 700 for a 70.

One of the arena winning rogues sold his account for 650 dollars,

And that is with the armored netherdrake and all the best arena gear.

More like 150-200 Euro for a decent equipped 70. Even that is a stretch and beware of people who will pull the paypal funds back after the transaction, If you dont sell it to someone you know of course

I've seen accounts sold for 500-600, no problem that weren't greatly geared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was half thinkign of selling mine not so long ago.. but i couldnt be arsed with the back and forth of it tbh :(

got 3 level 70s, a 58, a 54, a 26, two 18s :s

dlofnep wrote:
    I've seen accounts sold for 500-600, no problem that weren't greatly geared.

Not any more. A year ago maybe but not now. Unless the buyer is a moron of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Never did make it past 67, next expansion is going to make it worse. Blizzard face the unfortunate problem of losing long standing players(I know they release figures stating otherwise, but if you play the game you know their false) and new players looking at a long boring grind to 70/80 missing out on most of the game.

I am waiting for WAR, everything I have seen and heard points towards it being a WOW killer. That and this time I might get to level with people instead of being on my own nearly all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Dropped my account about 6 or 7 weeks ago, once you hit 70 man it sucks.
    Having to come online at 18.30 for poxy raids, then having to spend a hour after a raid to farm herbs for your pots sucks even more.

Before that you needed your keys for the heroics constant runs of the same instance over and over.

Then you want your epic flying mount, more grinding and grinding for cash.

Wow is all about grinding over and over and over, rerolling not possible either as most servers are a couple of months old nobody else in the same area questing as you.
    Then you start hitting the lvl50 zones to find the mobs you need are being killed by 10 bots in the same area.

Bring on warhammer online it will be a nice change from world of borecraft.

Advertisement