Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Without trying to spark an inter gender war...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They get upset over nothing a lot, rather frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rollotomassi

QFT, mine went from zero to apesh*t in a fraction of a second yesterday because I put her iPod earphones in my bag, and she considered my bag to be "too messy". WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

this is true. that's the reason my gf always gives me for being upset, ie:

me:what's wrong with you?

her:nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

this is true. that's the reason my gf always gives me for being upset, ie:

me:what's wrong with you?

her:nothing

I hate that!! Cause if you say OK and walk away you will get terrorised for not "Listening to her".....ARGGGHHHH!!!!!:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I always say 'I'm fine' when I'm definitely not fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Why else would they start referencing completely unrelated topics that happened ages ago when having an argument?

They do that because thats what there actually upset over in the first place, they seem to like the roundabout ways of actually explaining what the hell there upset over.

It also seems like its a nice easy way to win an argument.

Case 1:

Woman: Drag Argument off topic with an irrelevant point.
    Man: Displays Logic to refute point made
    Woman: Argue that Man is dragging argument off topic + follow with more irrelevant points until she finds something that can't be argued.

Case 2:

Woman: Drag Argument off topic with an irrelevant point.
    Man: Unable to Refute point - so points out how irrelevant the point made is.
    Woman: Argue that Man doesn't care.

Women don't have to be right, they just have to prove men wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Of course a handful of experiences of certain women being illogical means that all women are mad? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I think this would make an interesting poll!

Crazy as Homer with no beer and no tv.......

EG: Pregnant (accelerant for crazy) friend of my cousin's tore strips of her poor unfortunate other half for rinsing out a water glass too many times before using it!! :eek:

Basically rationale versus emotion. A good attention to detail can offset some of it. Remembering previous mistakes etc. Failing that become a right bastard, because women love bastards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Some men are arseholes. Are all men arseholes? No.
    Some women are bitches. Are all women bitches? No.
    Some people like to make sweeping statements. Yep. Just yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

Ishmael wrote:

Women don't have to be right, they just have to prove men wrong :D

nail of the head there palm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

it really as simple as guys are idiots and girls are crazy. once you base all interaction on that, it all falls into place...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can't read people's minds - therefore you have no idea of their thought processes. Gender doesn't come into it. Idiots are idiots no matter where you go in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

As good as it gets:

Jack Nicholson as "Melvin" a famed writer with Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
    Melvin: I think of a man and take away reason and accountability.

Words i live by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

OP

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

God guys, if you were WOMEN you'd understand us.... :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Except the whole point is that it's *not* "nothing", not to a woman's psyche. And that doesn't mean women are any worse than men, nor any better than men, simply that women are emotional creatures and men are logical ones. So things that seem important to men aren't important to women, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

QFT, mine went from zero to apesh*t in a fraction of a second yesterday because I put her iPod earphones in my bag, and she considered my bag to be "too messy". WTF?

Ok, yeah, I take it back, that's just stupid! :D

(Though tbh, I can guarantee you that it wasn't the headphones that was bothering her. There was something else stressing her out, something she might not even be intellectually aware off. Could even just have been body-chemicals.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Its not crazy to us, becasue we understand us. Now guys, they can be a strange little puzzle to figure out. We need to be different though, keeps things interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I love perplexing men, say one thing and mean another, so he says anyway, I wonder what he means by that :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Before i start i will admit i am a man but how many other people on this forum, not just men, think that women are completely insane? Now dont get me wrong i am not aying that all women are nuts i am sure there are some in the deepest parts of the rainforest or hidden under large rocks that are quite reasonable but for the most part the all seem to have the strange way of thinking that cannot be understood by men and to some ppoint other women. As an example my girlfriend is trying to explain to me about something that has upset her and she keeps asking do i understand and i just cant seem to grasp it, it seems completely stupid to me that she would let her self get so depressed about something she cant control anyway, and its not just my girlfriend its friends i have that are girls/women adn previous girlfriends as well they all seem to be living on the same crazy street. Sorry about the rant but just wanted to know other peoples opinions/experiences?

PS: Feel free to move if in wrong forum, Its just i like the people posting here and was interested in their replies.

V

I completely agree! Women drive me up-the-wall! What's with them? They're whiney, bitchy, moany and my God can they talk! You're with a friend or whoever and they're telling you something and they're getting all excited and all and in the back of your mind you're thinking about what you'll have that night for dinner. It's unbelievable. And then, they have the cheek to expect you to understand their emotions! Like wtf? I will say though, I think the term "completely insane" is letting them away with it a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What's worse is they band together and dig up arguements that are months old when all the guys have long since moved on to talking about farts and fighting. Let it go ladies. Let it go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

If anybody here has a moment, they might enjoy a Poll started by AnCatDubh on the Photography Forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055606461

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

There was no need to bump a 2 year old thread for that Anouilh.
    Please do not do it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement