Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Without trying to spark an inter gender war...

Options
  • 27-06-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Before i start i will admit i am a man but how many other people on this forum, not just men, think that women are completely insane? Now dont get me wrong i am not aying that all women are nuts i am sure there are some in the deepest parts of the rainforest or hidden under large rocks that are quite reasonable but for the most part the all seem to have the strange way of thinking that cannot be understood by men and to some ppoint other women. As an example my girlfriend is trying to explain to me about something that has upset her and she keeps asking do i understand and i just cant seem to grasp it, it seems completely stupid to me that she would let her self get so depressed about something she cant control anyway, and its not just my girlfriend its friends i have that are girls/women adn previous girlfriends as well they all seem to be living on the same crazy street. Sorry about the rant but just wanted to know other peoples opinions/experiences?

PS: Feel free to move if in wrong forum, Its just i like the people posting here and was interested in their replies.

V

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Has anyone noticed right, that men are like, totally crazy, right?

I know this one guy that bitches about his girlfriend being crazy but like... stays going out with her! He can't seem to grasp that maybe if he think's she's insane he should not be with her..... but no, instead he thinks all girls are like that!

So based on him, all men must be barking mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I propose we change this thread topic to 'Spot the fallacy in the OP's argument...'

Premise: The women I know appear to be insane.
    Conclusion: Therefore, all women are insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

nope , he's right. theryre all nuts. anyone who thinks otherwise obviously just doesnt know the girl well enough !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Vertigo100 wrote:
    Before i start i will admit i am a man but how many other people on this forum, not just men, think that women are completely insane?
    I will take this opportunity to use my first ever YOR MA!
    Vertigo100 wrote:
    As an example my girlfriend is trying to explain to me about something that has upset her and she keeps asking do i understand and i just cant seem to grasp it
    This is her fault how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

biko wrote:

This is her fault how?

Well yes. The bitch obviously isnt explaining it properly at all :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

I confer OP to what you are saying and total agree. That is the beauty of women my friend. Men and women are on two different planets as the book denotes Men are from Mars women are from Venus....

Most women I know are crazy in their thought process and trying to understand where they are coming from is as useless as pi$$ing in the wind my friend. The best thing you can do is just simply give up the battle because as they old saying goes if you keep it up and keep on “not understanding” your girl you will effectively loose the war my friend. You will think you have won the argument, walking away all happy with yourself while your girl is thinking “but why does he not get it the bastard”. She will be hatching her revenge on you! As subtle as it may be, women have us men by the bollix and they know it.

Give it up man, tell her you understand, give her a hug, give her a reassuring kiss, and then try and figure out what is going on later. Simply put, you cannot and will not win. You will not get a woman to change her mind on $hit she strongly believes in, again you can try and think you have, but you will not succeed. You will find yourself doing that more and more the longer you are together. Any man who says other wise is simply a liar.

Look at all of your friends fathers, your fathers friends who simply due to being ground down and not even bothering to argue any more because they cant win, they just go with what the “wife” says.

Women have us men by the Bollix and they know it, the sooner you admit it to yourself the better it will be for both your sakes.

Women you got to love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

biko wrote:
    Yeah MY MA is nuts as well:D

This is her fault how?
    It is her fault because she is getting upset over nothing and over thinking it to the point where she is depressed over it whereas if she just thought, well theres nothing i can do about this situation so i may as well not bother getting upset over it! She is paranoid over things that have not and will never happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

26 posts and you are off to a flying start!!

sir i commend you for bringing this to our attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

OP, it's sounds to me that you are quite possibly a gay.

id say it would be a hell of a lot easier if i was gay pigman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

"Women. Can't live with 'em...end of sentence."

Eh, I think the OP is right, but it's hardly revolutionary news. Men don't understand the female thought process. Equally, women don't understand how men think. Most of my close friends are girls, and I've had to sit through the "Why are men so impossible to understand?" rant more times than I'd care to recollect, but I've heard similar stuff from men like the OP. Upshot? No one understands anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

shay_562 wrote:
    "Women. Can't live with 'em...end of sentence."
    women, cant live with 'em,...
    ...where's my beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It think there's some point at about 16 or 17 where about 90-95% of woman stop maturing, thereafter it's just learning how to act in public through imitation and such.

yeah thats exactly it they all seem to see how insane their friends are and then decide thats the way for them too. Any women got any thoughts on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I think women are like a demanding boss (i.e my boss). He expects this (............) but what he really means is this (.........................................................................................................................................................
    .....................................................) and a lot more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

women are all mad.dont even try and understand them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Troll thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Now B!ue, there is no need to call us trolls. I don't have lichen growing anywhere on me!:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Vertigo100 wrote:
    PS: Feel free to move if in wrong forum,
    Thunderdome? (B!ue charges up flamethrower)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Thunderdome? (B!ue charges up flamethrower)

ah please dont send it to the thunderdoem, i am the only girl there and they will al gang up on me and be mean and i will get depressed and cry and eat a lot of chocolate:(

havent said that, yes, all girls are complete nuts and kinda freak me out, i dont like them

but i am completely normal, wel i would be if the voices in my head would be quiet;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gauge wrote:
    I propose we change this thread topic to 'Spot the fallacy in the OP's argument...'

Premise: The women I know appear to be insane.
    Conclusion: Therefore, all women are insane!

Are you a youth? Women are nuts, fact.

thank you rigger! Thought it was just me who really believed they were all crazy :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The-Rigger wrote:
    Are you a youth? Women are nuts, fact.
    Meh 90% of people are nuts IMHO. Doesn't come down to gender much if at all. Some of the things my male mates come out with, especially when dealing with the women in their lives makes me wonder WTF.:D Maybe that's it, the sex boggles the brain in both genders.:D Simple trick to understand women. Listen to them. If they're nagging it usually means you haven't heard them the first time, or they're nuts.....(back to the 90% rule).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

homer: Whats wrong Marge? You're not in any physical pain, the only pain a man can understand

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I would be worried if the OP wondered why everyone other man can't understand women as he understands them perfectly. Men are mainly logical creatures, even though there are exceptions, whereas women seem to use totally different rules, diametrically opposed to normal logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bandit*baby

i'm a woman and while i don't think that ALL women are nuts i know that i'm a f*cking psycho as are the majority of my female friends - saying that i do know the odd sane one

if you ask me there is something about a bit of crazy that keeps a man hooked, deny it all you might but "she drives me bleeding mental but i'm mad about her" sounds alot better than "no shes a great girl never disagree's with anything i say and lets me do as i please"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Women are all mad. Each and every last one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rollotomassi

Well I think when it comes to extremes of insanity and irrationality, men are the winners, we've got all the serial killers and the vast majority of serious crimes are committed by men, however when it comes to general background levels of insanity, women have it nailed. Men are just more rational and women are more emotional. Why else would they start referencing completely unrelated topics that happened ages ago when having an argument?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Some girls are mad, and false, and melodramatic, and a simple pain in the ass. Correction; some people are mad, and false.........etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Women are all mad. Each and every last one of them.

QFT, even the one's you think are sane, are crazy in some way, and when that is unleashed it's terrifying!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement