Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New skanger trait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Crucifix wrote:
    Thankfully I've got those kind of ear phones you jam into your ear canal to block out background noise.
    Yeah my Sennheiser CX300s are a godsend:) What I find most ironic is the choice of music, so dependent on bass, being piped through a tinny little speaker:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

joe robot wrote:
    they're gonna get on the 46A just to play that sh1t now! :D

Nah...they wont know we mentioned it. Skangers can't read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What's with the 'effin chipmunk voices squealing out songs we'd forgotten from the eighties over a 120bpm bassline, and the obligatory roaring crowd track on continuous loop in the background?
    He's called Scooter, and has been around since the early 90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWfeWG4NNs0

Let that play to about one minute thirty if you can bear it, for the chipmunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I've heard of Scooter alright, he was around at the same time as The Fourth Dimension (remember them? :eek: )

For more chipmunk fuelled chavvery, we need only look to the wonderful DJ Sincy. Spot the similarity to a well known early Eighties cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

Do skangers actually know that they are skangers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

When they stopped selling 10 packs of fag these kids lost their favourite method of being anti-social and 'mad' on buses. The musak they blast out is just their way of keeping it real until they get jobs as drink-serving bumboys in pubs and can finally afford a pack of 20's.

The interm solution? Ban the selling of cheap mobile phones! That and selective sterilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

yeah, a 64kbps mp3 file being blasted out a tinny little 1 watt speaker being muffled by a sweaty hand that smells of tobacco and is covered with whatever diseses the scums girlfriend possess'es , quality, i think not

I actually shuddered a little when I was reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Do skangers actually know that they are skangers?

I've always wondered that. After much thought I decided that they are completely self unaware. Feck! Perhaps that is their universally defining characteristic no?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Its a side effect of the defective gene that causes scangerism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

A lad had a mobile phone that played that "umbrella" song on the 67A a few days back. When some other guy told him to stop, he treatened to "lick the shoite out of yer crack".

• Advertisement

Son Goku wrote:
    A lad had a mobile phone that played that "umbrella" song on the 67A a few days back. When some other guy told him to stop, he treatened to "lick the shoite out of yer crack".
    You gotta love the quick witted,intelligent comebacks that they come up with.Man the guy who asked him to stop got served there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I like listening to happy hardcore, does that make me a skanger?
    Granted I don't dare play it on my phone only in the car v:)v

Caliden wrote:
    I like listening to happy hardcore, does that make me a skanger?
    Granted I don't dare play it on my phone only in the car v:)v
    How loudly is is played in the car please?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Im just thankful the trend isnt common among emos and rockers. Give me a 13 year old skanger on the bus blasting out g funk hip hop from before when he was born over a rocker blasting out meaningless Kurt Cobain waffle any day :)

You're an idiot in all fairness.

When are you going to hear a 13 year old skanger playing anything but 50 cent type stuff or bonkers ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yea, thats been happening on the uk trains for god knows how long. Its really funny when theres different groups all trying to hear their own stuff - they hate it and get agro with each other.

I had a great run in on a train from brum to london, there was about 10 of us (all 20-26) and 3 different groups of uk teens playing dance music on their phones from all corners (we were in the middle). We had all been travelling and were very fragile and really needed sleep. It was a good 10 hour trip, and we were on our last leg of the long travelling. Anyways i went over to them and asked them to lower it down, the first group tbh, were cool about it (they were stoned) and lowered it down. The other 2 groups were utter cocks. Told me to fk off. They didnt know there was a good few of us. So i went over to our side of the train, grabbed a stero, walked up and sat down beside them with 4 of my mates and put Death from above 1979 - romantic rights on full blast - completely drowning their sh1t music.

They didnt like it one bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyone know where I can get a boom box, to pump out some King Diamond? Jay & Silent Bob style:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

Ah but your not going to get that out of a rocker, we are by nature anti-scumbag! (well I am anyway)

Thats very true its a principle thing.......we don't agree at all with scangerism. But the worrying thing is that it is spreading....a lot of little sh1tes who think they hard cause they listen to "fiddy cent" and have a crowd around. The funny thing is they are the most easily scared group of people ever. (At least here)

Recently a group of small kids (between 14-16 yr old) Tried to steal my phone.
    They stopped me, said give us your phone.
    I said No. A blank look came across their faces They never thought someone might say no. eventually after they tried to threaten me they went away very comical actually.........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Son Goku wrote:

Did the other guy say "no thanks I don't like rimjobs" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They do this because they are utter f**king attention whores.

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME! I'M BLEEDIN DEADLY SO I AM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Son Goku wrote:
    Is that supossed to be kick... if not im very scared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

joe robot wrote:
    I can't help laughing at the ones with the dodgy haircuts....:rolleyes:

you mean there's ones without!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

bluewolf wrote:
    Did the other guy say "no thanks I don't like rimjobs" ?
    mc nuggets wrote:
    Is that supossed to be kick... if not im very scared
    No, unfortunately he actually did threaten to lick the "shoite" out of said crack. A few people on the bus laughed. The other lad just kind of looked confused and sat down.

Didn't stop us being treated to another four rounds of "umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh".

for some reason its always sony ericsson phones, god damn sony ericsson walkman phones. :mad: The 66/a bus is littered with them, they always get on in lewcaaaan. Nothing against lucan but you seem to have a lot of people that do this. Im a fairly big guy but like the rest of the passengers im not going to say anything to them because them and there scummy little friends form an army that potentially could have knives. something has to be done to stop them, NOW !!! bus drivers please dont let anyone on with music blaring

I had a group of four such scumbags into me today wanting to buy Sony Ericsson speakers for their phones. They asked to test them, which they did by playing the most horrendous rave music I have ever heard. I couldn't in good faith sell them the speaker as I knew that if I did my Karma level would be greatly affected. Told them they had to buy a new phone in order to purchase the speakers as they werent sold seperately. The strangest thing was, they jsut accepted the fact, said thanks and left.

I felt kind of bad for a few seconds after, but then remembered the last time I took a bus to Galway and having to listen to a group of them playing tunes all the way there. Figure I saved the world a lot of apin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Sizzler wrote:
    I'm just waiting for some 6' 4" monster to deck one of these lads or fcuk their piece of shoite mobile from the top deck of the bus :D

Damn normies.

Always waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

I had a group of four such scumbags into me today wanting to buy Sony Ericsson speakers for their phones. They asked to test them, which they did by playing the most horrendous rave music I have ever heard. I couldn't in good faith sell them the speaker as I knew that if I did my Karma level would be greatly affected. Told them they had to buy a new phone in order to purchase the speakers as they werent sold seperately. The strangest thing was, they jsut accepted the fact, said thanks and left.

I felt kind of bad for a few seconds after, but then remembered the last time I took a bus to Galway and having to listen to a group of them playing tunes all the way there. Figure I saved the world a lot of apin.

You did the right thing.
    God bless you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Witnessed this earlier in the local chinky, seriously pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Witnessed this earlier in the local chinky, seriously pissed me off!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Hey that is a racist remark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ec18

i listen to my mp3 well everywhere......at times on a bus or train the surrinding people could probably hear it

Does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Alan Partridge: Ha ha. You daft racist. Curly black and kinky, mixed with yellow chinky… can you still say that?

Michael: Oh, aye. You’re alright with that, like, because it’s a race of people, and it’s a food.

Alan Partridge: [Thoughtfully] Chinese. Yeah, you’re absolutely right, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The local chinese.

Advertisement