Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New skanger trait

Options
  • 23-06-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Seems to be now *cool* for skangers to play SHOITE rave music on their phones on full volume on public transport so that each and every passenger can be subjected to their skobie wan kanobie taste in music :mad:

I've heard it on the DART and got it for 20 mins on the bus home yesterday...are skangers above wearing ear phones or why the fcuk do they think this is cool :confused: I'm just waiting for some 6' 4" monster to deck one of these lads or fcuk their piece of shoite mobile from the top deck of the bus :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

They do it for the same reason as they drive around white Honda Civics with airfoils going Boom boom boom boom boom at max volume.

They do it because of an inferiority complex and lack the social skills and articulateness to get noticed.

This is their way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

They do it for the love of the music. I commend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No FlutterinBantam is spot on!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

m83 wrote:

Hahaha. :D They are only trying to make us appreciate the 'Unce Unce Unce'

There's nothing like having a sensual bath with candles, soft lighting, aromatherapy oils and Bonkers Hardcore Mutation Volume 14 playing loudly outside the window from your neighbours honda civic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

for some reason its always sony ericsson phones, god damn sony ericsson walkman phones. :mad: The 66/a bus is littered with them, they always get on in lewcaaaan. Nothing against lucan but you seem to have a lot of people that do this. Im a fairly big guy but like the rest of the passengers im not going to say anything to them because them and there scummy little friends form an army that potentially could have knives. something has to be done to stop them, NOW !!! bus drivers please dont let anyone on with music blaring

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

m83 wrote:

is low quality repetitive rave classified as music ?

a few years ago , the latest accessory was a mid size plastic bottle of coke and a pack of john player blue, although this trend is still in use

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gingerspice99

m83 wrote:

ROFLMAO - you just said that to wind everyone up - the phone and car music is actually noise pollution not sure how you would enforce it though :confused:

I have seen guards here stop the cars where the music is too loud - reason being the driver cant hear another car horn or sirens from a squad car or fire engine or ambulance - its classed as driving without due care and attention - got this from a friend who is a guard.

I agree though it is very annoying especially in a confined space - would love to see someone say something to them, I have done it myself but only when my husband is with me so I know I am safe to a certain extent. This anti social behaviour is on the increase across the country and I feel (my personal opinion) is that we have to stand together and let the " scumbags" as you put it know that this is not acceptable behaviour and that we as a society are not going to put up with it.

I have had my little rant - someone elses turn :D

m83 wrote:

yeah, a 64kbps mp3 file being blasted out a tinny little 1 watt speaker being muffled by a sweaty hand that smells of tobacco and is covered with whatever diseses the scums girlfriend possess'es , quality, i think not

ohhh crap, the ad at the top of the page, the nokia 5200 music phone, now only 89 euro, nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo now there will be more participants in the problem than ever

Leave the skangers alone! They're lovely people, a little misunderstood but lovely once you get to know them!

National hug-a-skanger day anyone?

• Advertisement

m83 wrote:
    Leave the skangers alone! They're lovely people, a little misunderstood but lovely once you get to know them!

National hug-a-skanger day anyone?

Id say A&E will love that, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

m83 wrote:

How about National Skanger open season, :D

galwayrush, they have more guns than we do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

galwayrush, they have more guns than we do :D
    :eek: Never thought of that.
    We could put some type of poison in Burberry spec caps perhaps:D

just poison dutch gold :) nobody decent drinks that anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:
    I'm actually quite fond of that beverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Im just thankful the trend isnt common among emos and rockers. Give me a 13 year old skanger on the bus blasting out g funk hip hop from before when he was born over a rocker blasting out meaningless Kurt Cobain waffle any day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

what's with their early 90s fashion now too? jeans tucked into white socks, zach morris high tops, mad hair and multicoloured hoodies?
    if they'd seen themselves walking down the street like that like, a year ago, they woulda bashed themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Personally i cant stand the fake diamond earrings some of the lads wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

for some reason its always sony ericsson phones, god damn sony ericsson walkman phones.

It's true, I've had my w810i for a few months, and I've found myself (haven't a notion why) making people listen to what music I have on it, be it shìte or not.
    Even though I knew I was becoming like one of the said scummers, I still couldn't stop. I have now however stopped doing it, unless there's alcohol so therefore dancing tonight baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

It is a big trend on the 38/39 bus also... Most of the time (if there is only one or two of them)i ask them can they put their earphones in and they look at you as if you are thinking martian. Why would they think that the rest of bus wants to hear their 'best of scooter' collection?

Got the 39 yesterday evening and like most people at that time was soaking wet from the monsoon earlier... Gang of (I think) Romanian lads were sitting in various parts of the bus but were shouting back and forth to each other.. Then they started playing some made folk music on their mobiles... My head was wrecked.. Of course nobody said anything and instead people just looked back at them and tutted whilst that ulcer grew slightly bigger inside their stomach... I shouted down at them to put their headphones on but they just ignored me.. I was getting off at the next stop so didnt push the point... Is so fcking ignorant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Umm since when is this a new trait?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

It's not just an Irish trend either, skangers across the world have united! :eek:
    In Germany, there are signs plastered around trains and busses asking them to have consideration for fellow passengers and not play music on their phones.

It's usually either some sort of hip hop muck or Turkish folk music, like in that Peugeot ad a while ago. It does get quite entertaining when there's 2 groups of them, each trying to outdo each other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

An Citeog wrote:
    It's not just an Irish trend either, skangers across the world have united! :eek:
    aye, the Scots are mad for it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Thankfully this doesn't happen on the aul 46A route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Thankfully I've got those kind of ear phones you jam into your ear canal to block out background noise. Great for the bus, however I've accidentally snubbed a multitude of people now by not hearing them call my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The worst is the 38/A in the mornings when all the kids are going to school. It's 8.30am and I do not wantr to be listening to some kinda **** remixed oldschool track that has a high pitched womans voice laid over it at that early in the morning. Thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

they're gonna get on the 46A just to play that sh1t now! :D
    I'm just waiting for some 6' 4" monster to deck one of these lads
    Jaysus, apparently I'm a monster now. :eek: :D:D

I can't help laughing at the ones with the dodgy haircuts and tucked in socks. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What's with the 'effin chipmunk voices squealing out songs we'd forgotten from the eighties over a 120bpm bassline, and the obligatory roaring crowd track on continuous loop in the background?

Is this music now?

Because all that sh1te sounds the same.

It's turned into a bigger unwitting parody of itself than so called R n' B could ever hope to become.

Yeah. Uh Huh. Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Im just thankful the trend isnt common among emos and rockers. Give me a 13 year old skanger on the bus blasting out g funk hip hop from before when he was born over a rocker blasting out meaningless Kurt Cobain waffle any day :)

Ah but your not going to get that out of a rocker, we are by nature anti-scumbag! (well I am anyway)

Advertisement