Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Restaurant in Greystones??

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Lumbarda wrote:
    Thanks a mill, hon79, will book it so! We've been before earlier in the week and can't believe what great value (and how delicious) it is - long may it continue!!!

Thanks again!
    Whats the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Been a couple of months since we were last there, but from what I remember it's €22 for 3 courses up to 7pm. There's a good choice on the menu and it's really delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Lumbarda wrote:
    Been a couple of months since we were last there, but from what I remember it's €22 for 3 courses up to 7pm. There's a good choice on the menu and it's really delicious!

Wasn't that great last time I was there, about a month ago. Have heard others say it has gone 'a bit average' too. Great restaurant though when they get it right. Have eaten in the three qs recently, expensive but fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cheers

:D Nosh do a mean breakfast panini, if only they would smile.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

astrofluff wrote:
    Was walking by there this evening and saw a drawing hung up on the wall inside...I could just about make out a curved section on the plan which is close to the entrance...you can see the curved section being set-out already so it looks like there'll be a fairly small reception area..anyways, wow lots of progress..at this rate they'll be open by Friday!

They should be open in about a month.

Take-away menu with Chinese, Mongolian and Thai. Not always a good thing to have that mix, but here's hoping.

The owner has a shop in Naas, The Golden Ring, which he is closing down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

astrofluff wrote:
    Was walking by there this evening and saw a drawing hung up on the wall inside...I could just about make out a curved section on the plan which is close to the entrance...you can see the curved section being set-out already so it looks like there'll be a fairly small reception area..anyways, wow lots of progress..at this rate they'll be open by Friday!

They should be open in about a month.

Take-away menu with Chinese, Mongolian and Thai. Not always a good thing to have that mix, but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Marcais wrote:

I believe they are calling the new one The Burning Ring, apparently the food is a lot spicier...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Just had the early bird at Chakra tonight. For €22 it was exceptional. Loved it. Restaurant has a nice buzz about it too. Will go again. This forum is very useful for this sort of information. Also, for a good quality organic beef burger with organic hand cut fries in a nice conservatory setting; try lunch at Marc Michel Kilquade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brianewan

Love Chakra, fantastic value early bird. downstairs in the Hungry Monk is cheaper than main resteraunt and quite nice. tried Bochellis on a quiet wednesday evening, pizzas were ok but service was poor, 2 orders wrong + a bit rude. mother had lasagne and had v upset stomach that evening (of course this may be unrelated but she's quite upset about it). Teppanyaki counter in Scent Garden can be great if you have a few people. I'd love if Greystones got a decent take away pizzeria (real pizza, not like godfathers or domino's) and maybe a real fish and chipper like a beshoffs or something like that (not saying that jokers and pineto's arent ok, but they're just ok...), oh yea and throw in a few decent pubs and we might have a good thing going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 wolv76

I find the Three Qs and Bels really great for good food.

Bochellis is grand for a basic Italian.

Thought the Hungry Monk was crap. Only ate downstairs, but the food was overpriced for what is basically pub grub. Booked table 8:30 and was asked to move at ten for another booking. Despite the fact that we hadn't finished ordering. Wouldn't go back.

Diva's is a nice Italian with a great atmosphere.

Vina Pasta would be my 3rd choice Italian in Greystones, but still not a bad place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sportbilly

Brianewan wrote: »
    and maybe a real fish and chipper like a beshoffs or something like that (not saying that jokers and pineto's arent ok, but they're just ok...).

Joe Sweeney's in the harbour used to do a proper good fish and chips.

Advertisement