Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Restaurant in Greystones??

Options
  • 21-06-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

What is your favorite restaurant in Greystones??

I find "The Three Q's" the best, with Chackra a close second.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Would defo say Chakra. Fantastic Menu choice and wine choice. Excellent service. :D:D:D:D:D

3 Qs have a very limited menu. Saying that the dishes are excellent and I am sure the food is sourced from the very best in meats and veg but I just cant get past the lack of choice.:D :D

Scent Garden - food lovely, have had a great meal there everytime. no atmosphere uness you are at the teppanyaki counter :D:D

Vino Pasta - great atmosphere very friendly service food average:D :D

Bochellis has been hit and miss. Service leaves a lot to be desired, some of the dished excellent others awful.:(

Diva - Excellent atmosphere especially on Fri and Sat when they have the piano player. Very good value for money - food better than average.:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭tc20

I think folk living in Greystones and surrounding areas will agree theres a wide variety and good choice of places to eat in Greystones

as already mentioned, Chakra is top class, food, service & atmosphere are all excellent.

3Qs is very good too, but no mention yet of The Hungry Monk? I know the upstairs rest. can be pricey, and the food tends to be quite rich and gamey but its a place to really treat yourself. The downstairs bistro is great value for money, and the ambience of both upstairs & downstairs is wonderful. The choice of dishes in the bistro may be somewhat limited, but if you know your wines.....

The Happy Pear are doing great, i haven't eaten upstairs yet, but i think fair play to all involved there, doing a great job

Is Scent Garden the only restaurant in Ireland to offer you a drink of your choice after your meal? The only other places ive encountered this is when you get a shot of some local liquer on hols. Food & service are v good

Agree with Inch re the friday & saturday nights in Diva, good value too, good venue when there's a big group of you for a birthday or similar.

Surprised theres no mention of Joe Sweeneys fish, or Pineto's onion rings yet tho.....Mmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Love the Vino Pasta. Love the atmosphere, style, decor, the staff and of course the food. Have never left that place feeling anything other than fully satisfied!

Can I get a free meal now?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

If you have transport Marc Michel organic life at kilpedder is a great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Divas is great if you have kids with you, they will provide them with couloring pencils and paper! Very nice staff!!

The twins in the Happy Pear are great and now they serve beer and wine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

WHat a selection we have now in Greystones!
    Cant beat The Monk - upstairs and down, Chakra & Three qs and all very different. And by day, away from the village, Marc Michel, Avoca in Kilmac/Powerscourt and the new Mount Usher in Ashford in fab. and the best chips in Jokers of course! (Val Com...?)

fishdog wrote:
    Divas is great if you have kids with you, they will provide them with couloring pencils and paper! Very nice staff!!

The twins in the Happy Pear are great and now they serve beer and wine!!
    Like I say fish. What are you so worried about? Your property will sell now the stamp duty issue is out of the way. Dont discount. This is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

If you have transport Marc Michel organic life at kilpedder is a great place.
    or dont. the food might be good but the chap is an ass

Tried the happy pear tapas bar last night. It was really tasty and reasonable. They also had really nice bear. The place was packed last night and there was a great atmosphere. My only problem was how hot the place was even with all the windows open.

luapenak wrote:
    Tried the happy pear tapas bar last night. It was really tasty and reasonable. They also had really nice bear. The place was packed last night and there was a great atmosphere. My only problem was how hot the place was even with all the windows open.
    Yum. I love a bit of well cooked bear.

• Advertisement

luapenak wrote:
    or dont. the food might be good but the chap is an ass
    Never had a bad exp. there. What did he do to you?

I used to work on the farm for him when I was younger. I also had a number of other friends who worked there and one who was a waitress in the restaurant. He was not particularily nice to work for and was very hard to get wages out of. The experience I and all the people i talked to had while they worked for him was not particularily good.
    Obviously he would never be anything but very pleasant to customers though.

luapenak wrote:
    I used to work on the farm for him when I was younger. I also had a number of other friends who worked there and one who was a waitress in the restaurant. He was not particularily nice to work for and was very hard to get wages out of. The experience I and all the people i talked to had while they worked for him was not particularily good.
    Obviously he would never be anything but very pleasant to customers though.
    Which lets face it is what all I as a diner would want or expect.
    His employee or ex employee relationships are not my concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bosch

Folks, where are "Chackra" and "The three Q's" restaurants located?

Cheers,
    B.

Both on the main street almost opposite each other, just up from the burnaby pub.

Chakra is in the Meridian shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Had a meal in Chakra with a few friends on Friday night, and all I can say is ....brilliant.

Must try 3Qs and Hungry Monk in the near future!:) :)

The 3 Q's do some desert with dates marinated in coffee. It comes with honey and homemade ice cream. You have to try it!

What do people make of Bochellies the pizza place???

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Does anyone out there think there is a market in the area for private catering? Ie company coming to your house to cater for dinner parties / events.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tomato...I got a flyer in last week for a catering company (a company that makes lasange dishes, peppered chicken dishes etc....sounds like deli stuff really) up in Kilcoole but was for collection only...can't remember the name but definitely remember it's in Kilcoole...hope this helps in your quest!

Sorry for being off topic ....

@Fishdog...Bochelli's is cheap and cheerful (at Greystones prices)...its relaxing cause its not uncomfortable like other restaurants (love the Hungry Monk but the owner can be a bit...well I don't want any legal proceedings against me!.. Actually think the wine bar is fantastic - atmosphere, food, etc are brilliant)

As for Chakra...need I say more...best restaurant in Ireland ( I love my rogan ghosh)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

astrofluff wrote:
    Tomato...I got a flyer in last week for a catering company (a company that makes lasange dishes, peppered chicken dishes etc....sounds like deli stuff really) up in Kilcoole but was for collection only...can't remember the name but definitely remember it's in Kilcoole...hope this helps in your quest!

Sorry for being off topic ....

@Fishdog...Bochelli's is cheap and cheerful (at Greystones prices)...its relaxing cause its not uncomfortable like other restaurants (love the Hungry Monk but the owner can be a bit...well I don't want any legal proceedings against me!.. Actually think the wine bar is fantastic - atmosphere, food, etc are brilliant)

As for Chakra...need I say more...best restaurant in Ireland ( I love my rogan ghosh)

Got take-away pizzas from Bocelli's recently, they were absolutely dreadful and hugely overpriced! Never will go there again, no excused for such crap Pizza quality in an Italian restaurant run by Italian charging 15 euros per (ordinary sized) Pizza for take-away!
    Compare that to sit-in places in somewhere proper like Regazzi's in Dalkey: better location, exceptionally good Pizzas, A LOT NICER atmosphere, and even cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

drdre banned for a week for advertising again.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

I'm not familiar with all the eateries you have mentioned, I'm not from Wicklow/Dublin, but I have been in the Happy Pear a few times when visiting. Great food, my only concern is the staff should dress appropriately when cooking and serving food, I don't want to see so much skin when I'm eating. I am well used to kitchens and not only is it a hygeine issue - the staff should protect themselves too.

BTW The Happy Pear is now serving Erdinger beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Not a restaurant, but the take away Indian Spice is fantastic !

Not a restaurant, but the take away Indian Spice is fantastic !
    Yes it is.Waiting time can be long but at least that way you know everything is cooked from fresh. It really is a great take away.

fishdog wrote:
    BTW The Happy Pear is now serving Erdinger beer!
    Bottle or draught?

greine wrote:
    I'm not familiar with all the eateries you have mentioned, I'm not from Wicklow/Dublin, but I have been in the Happy Pear a few times when visiting. Great food, my only concern is the staff should dress appropriately when cooking and serving food, I don't want to see so much skin when I'm eating. I am well used to kitchens and not only is it a hygeine issue - the staff should protect themselves too.
    I used to work in the kitchen there and we dressed very appropriately for preparing food. That was last summer, so maybe things have changed since I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Yes it is.Waiting time can be long but at least that way you know everything is cooked from fresh. It really is a great take away.

here here! Just had another yummy take-away from them.
    I think they are the best take-away in Ireland!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Bottle or draught?

Who cares! I'll have to give the place a go now...

Only ever been in the Happy Pear for coffee and a pastry and that was fab.

Advertisement