Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Ulster loyalist parade again: Yes or No?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Think we need a "Love the Republic" march in Belfast, fair is fair now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wouldn't like to think we would be that petty to hold a stupid march through Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Love Ulster's first public manifestation was in August 2005 when its members symbolically reenacted the Ulster Volunteer Force's Larne Gun Running of 1914. Love Ulster members brought 200,000 copies of a special edition of the Shankill Mirror newspaper into the port of Larne, bearing the banner headline, "Ulster At Crisis Point" - indicating the perception that Ulster is at "crisis point" and on the verge of being "sold out" into a united Ireland.

these people are pure bigots and should be banned, never mind marching!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

darkman2 wrote:
    Secondly - Mr Frazer has admitted his real agenda - or am I mistaken - that he wants to bring violent republicans onto the streets?

Id love to see this put to him publicly.

Has this monstrosity of an idea actually be given the go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At least they love 11.5% of the Republic of Ireland.

• Advertisement

After reading many of the newspaper articles about the new application I'm left thinking that WF claims that public safety is their main concern, yet he acknowledges that their is a significant threat of violence? If public safety really were a concern of their's then any reasonable threat of violence would have them call off the whole thing.
    In my mind I'm left thinking that it's just those Orange order idiots orchistrating the whole thing, the march routes they use has always left me thinking that they seem to always want to go the route that will piss the most people off. Now that they're getting more or less ignored with their silly marches up north they want to start having them in more controversial locations, i.e. down in the heart of the Republic.
    This is supposed to be a march in honour of those who died/suffered due to the problems up north, most such marches of rememberance are usually held in silence, why should this be any different. Ditch the bands (who's only real reason for being there probably is due to the orange order) and that'll be a step in the right direction, right now the simple fact that most of the articles refer to it as a loyalist march shows that no-one believes their BS about it being for victims of the violence, with no bias for either side.
    It also comes across as right you stopped us with 1000 people, lets see you stop 3000 of us!

The simple thickheadedness of their trying again with more people and more BANDS leaves me feeling the only way to sort this would be to order the gardaí to withdraw once the violence starts, let both the idiot thugs we have and the idiot loyalists they have finish each other off so next year there can be a proper march which would just be victims, and the families of victims, of the violence up north. Then they can stop being scapegoated by loyalists and be honoured as they should.

Also the arguement of the gay pride parade being allowed seems to keep coming up, being gay is unbiased, there are gays in every country and culture in the world, they can be held equally anywhere, it's not the equivalent of Neo-Nazi's holding a big "Deutschland ist Wunderbar" march in Paris or Warsaw like this is.

farohar wrote:
    so next year there can be a proper march which would just be victims,

See this is where its going. There has only been one of these bloody stupid marches here, now if they let a second go ahead theres people already anticipating another next year. What about the year after that? One every month over the summer? One every weekend in each of the major cities? Do we honestly want to be disrupted so these idiots can do this every year?

Put them out in the phoenix park where they arent disturbing anyone and let them march around the papal cross to their hearts content I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

skywalker wrote:

Put them out in the phoenix park where they arent disturbing anyone and let them march around the papal cross to their hearts content I say.

Hear hear

Orangemen, papal cross great combination.:rolleyes: ;)

That was kinda the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

This is not gonna be an informative post by any means but what really peeves me is the fact that they call it the Love ULSTER parade even though there are several counties that are in Ulster but not in Northern Ireland.

I'm from Monaghan and many of the people from further south of the country believe that Monaghan is in the north. It just annoys me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Live and let live I say. Their a part of Irish history weather we like it or not and we should try to lead by example and let them do their thing. If everyone was out in green and turned it into some sort of big street party any of them that are just out to upset and rub our noses in it would have lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Happy July 12th everyone :D No surrender!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

im...LOST wrote:
    This is not gonna be an informative post by any means but what really peeves me is the fact that they call it the Love ULSTER parade even though there are several counties that are in Ulster but not in Northern Ireland.

I'm from Monaghan and many of the people from further south of the country believe that Monaghan is in the north. It just annoys me :mad:
    Is Moanaghan in the west then?

Orangeism is not limited to Northern Ireland.

Your post seems awfully insecure. Do you have a small penis too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Louth4sam

did anyone see the willie frazer interview on the 6 o clock news last night?, brian dobson gave him a good grilling.
    this is the f.a.i.r website, its very anti-irish
    http://www.victims.org.uk

i voted no by the way, they only want to cause trouble. we should push for a love the republic parade and see what happens

"I heard insults that you would expect from heathen Republicans, not Christian Protestants!"

"FAIR would like to thank to thank Calton Radio for the invitation to attend the recent anti-Republican rally in Scotland. "

"We always knew that any road to Dublin was bad"

And thats just a few, why would someone that hates us so much want to march in our capital city?

Louth4sam wrote:
    And thats just a few, why would someone that hates us so much want to march in our capital city?
    We've been over this; to piss people off, Orangeman = ****stirrer to all non-orangemen. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement