Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Passed this morning in Killarney, first time. :) At the start when the tester was asking me the questions I was feeling the nerves a bit and hesitating with most of them. When I got out on the road though I felt a lot more at ease and just focused on the task at hand. Ended up with 4 grade 2s - exceeding the speed limit (was going close to 60 kmph on the way back to the test centre), checking the mirrors when stopping, messing up the hill start (when the tester told me to move off when ready I indicated, checked mirrors and over the shoulder and let the handbrake down but forgot to put the car into gear!) and the final one was the reverse around the corner I think. Funny thing is during my pre test lesson with my instructor I failed to spot a pedestrian walking on the road during the reverse around corner which would have been automatic disqualification. I guess I chose the right time to get disqualified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Passed first time in Raheny today. Happy more so because it means no further time off work than the actual passing!

There's really no secret other than being prepared and confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Failed v badly on the 30th (2 grade 3s and 13 grade 2s) but I passed yday (4 grade 2s) with no lessons in between and no practice so it proves just because you failed doesn't mean you're not good enough to pass, you probably just had a bad day! Try again and your "luck" might change :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sej22

Passed today in Wicklow!!! Two weeks ago I failed with one grade 3 fault and seven grade 2 faults. Today I passed with one grade 2 fault!! I can't believe it! If I can pass, anyone can! So happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

passed in ennis on monday first time was delighted got 3 grade 2s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

person I was sponsor for passed first time this week in Limerick. delighted for him as he was mentally all prepared and then his test date was cancelled at last minute cos the tester was sick. got a quick cancellation date and he was a bag of nerves but ended up getting a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Samgiff95

Passed today in Rathgar with 5 grade 2's. To say I am relieved is an understatement.
    Had previously failed in Tallaght so the confidence had taken a knock. Thanks to all who post here as your advice is invaluable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Erm, forth time lucky for me. Really needed to pass for work so really couldn't of came sooner.

Passed on Thursday in Dublin. For me, my nerves rather than my driving ability were my nemesis. I'd just make silly mistakes on the test, and not react to hazards like I would when driving normally. On my third test attempt, my left foot was hoping up and down so much on the clutch with nerves that the tester stopped me and rightly afforded me some time to gather myself (!)

For me, the practice of mindfulness helped on my successful attempt. For those unfamiliar and perhaps nervous like myself, I'd say at least warrants some investigation. Lots of info on web.

So, I reckon I'm about as nervous as they come, and I managed it eventually. I'd encourage others in similar predicaments not to give up hope, and practice, practice, practice. Assume a calm frame of mind, and drive like you know you can. Good luck all!

Passed in Raheny today 1st time with 2 grade 2's and 1 grade 1! I had a woman tester who was lovely. The unbelievable part was I only started lessons on the 6th of November this year, did about 12 lessons and I don't have my own car!

My tips, be calm and confident in yourself. The second you start doubting yourself is when you're gonna start messing up. Be positive and don't get yourself in a knot as it will do nothing but hold you back.

Really couldn't have done it without the driving school I was with they were excellent, if anyone wants the name just PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Zheiko

eniarah: Gratz to your Passing, safe journeys:)

I have passed today, 3rd attempt, failed 2 previously, even tho I spent hundreds of euro on learning with instructor, it actually ended up with my last instructor(different school) unlearning me mistakes that previous instructors taught me :/

Anyways, Someone passes the first time without having a car, I have cars two, and have over 10k miles driven already, still had to go there three times:D

This confirms one thing, if you drive on your own, without instructor, you are only hurting yourself, because unlearning bad habbits is worse than learning brand new thing the right way:)

• Advertisement

Congrats dude delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Passed today first time with 5 marks against me. Was expecting to fail and even looked into cancelling last week.

Was pleasantly surprised when she told me I passed. Will enjoy relaxing over Xmas now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

Passed my C test on Wednesday (18th) first time around. The weather was shocking but it made things slightly easier as you could take a little bit more time through the town etc. Also passed my CPC Practical afterwards also. Happy days.
    I think I might do my artic test in the months to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Failed on Friday, got a cancellation today and passed. Delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Passed at the 3rd attempt in Athlone today, did my previous 2 in Tallaght. Felt I'd passed it but didn't think my overall driving performance was better then my other 2 attempts but not complaining! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 noeld932

Passed my test in Finglas today!
    I'm only learners permit 6 months and it was my first time doing the test!
    Got 7 blues but nonetheless, a pass is a pass! :D
    I am effing chuffed! The tester I got was pretty sound as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

noeld932 wrote: »
    Passed my test in Finglas today!
    I'm only learners permit 6 months and it was my first time doing the test!
    Got 7 blues but nonetheless, a pass is a pass! :D
    I am effing chuffed! The tester I got was pretty sound as well!

Congrats! I'm going in the morning.. Any advice? ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

passed mine today in Newcastle west first time. It is such a relief. Hardly slept the last week!
    It was close but that doesn't matter!

JaDrZQn.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Whew! Passed today in Rathgar with seven blue faults. It was my first time, I'm delighted!

Got marked blues for observation turning left, position on a bend, signals turning right, and clutch controls.

My tester was an odd fellow though, he said "okay, you passed your test today, blah blah blah" like he was reading out obituaries in the paper!

Sounds like the same guy that I had a few weeks ago. Got 7 blue faults as well. Seemed to me like he was just going through the motions and taking very little notice of my driving. When I asked him if I had passed, he just looked at me and said "just". I'd say it takes him about an hour to defrost in the morning before work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Just after passing in Mallow, 1st attempt. Thanks to all on here who answered every inane question I've asked over the last few weeks. Feels good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Passed about a month ago now, ran upto the NDLS almost straight away yet still no sign of this pink license? Any idea what the usual waiting time is? I realise the place is a bit of a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Passed about a month ago now, ran upto the NDLS almost straight away yet still no sign of this pink license? Any idea what the usual waiting time is? I realise the place is a bit of a mess

I was told 6 weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

I applied for my full C licence on the 3rd Jan and got it in the post yesterday, so 3 and a half weeks it took mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Passed today in Raheny 1st attempt, Not too shabby. The test was alot easier than i thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Passed my test in Sligo on my first go! :) delighted! I was so surprised I passed! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Passed in cavan on the first go. Really windy, rainy day and there was an accident in the middle of town during it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 darrenp363

Passed today in Kilkenny first time :)

Just wondering if I can drive on my own now or do I have to wait till the licence arrives in the post(this could take an age by all accounts). if anyone could help that would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭idayang

i passed the test today,4 grade2 (3 in vehicle controls, 1 in react/anticipate).very happy.4th time lucky.

pre test is so important and helpful as the storm was very strong yesterday. Roads around test center are totally different now.some roads closed, some roads are full of workers and big long vehicles,i could find 'dead bodies' of trees or walls all the way. My instructor helped me a lot on the new circumstance;)

2 of my errors have relation with the storm:the road was filled with puddles from the rain,i forgot to brake when i passed one.After that i suddenly realized it,i was upset so i brake unnecessarily ......

i practiced driving everyday in the last 2 weeks.i viewed the roads from google maps to make sure every details.i even draw some maps about our town and marked all the specials spots!

when i heard i passed the test, i burst into tears immediately.i cried all the way from the tester's office to the instructor's arm. they were shocked,lol.my instructor asked, 'you really passed it?' ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

Passed today in Finglas, such an amazing feeling and the tester made me feel so confident in the way he spoke. I saw he wasn't typing into his iPad for mostly the entire test and thought I had a grade 3, got back to the centre and heard everyone around me failing then he took out the book for me to sign and told me I passed ;D only a few grade 2's for late signals. Happy isn't a word to describe it ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

I passed my test yesterday in Finglas and i'm over the moon, can't believe it. Thought i failed when doing the hill start, there was a car parked opposite and when i went to take off a bus came towards me, i decided to wait until the bus went but he flashed so i panicked a bit and waited, he flashed again and we both took off together. The tester said the only thing i did wrong was i didn't check over my shoulder again when i finally took off but this was a grade 2. I can finally get rid of the L Plates, so happy. :)

Advertisement