Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Successful - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

touching the kerb like that should have been an automatic fail.
    i just rubbed it with the tyre,didnt 'mount' it. so i guess they let it slide.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

tayto909 wrote: »
    i just rubbed it with the tyre,didnt 'mount' it. so i guess they let it slide.

Touching the kerb is not an Automatic fail. Depending on the severity of the touch it could be a grade 1 or 2, "mounting" would mean the car, or one wheel, made its way onto the kerb, which is a straight grade 3/fail.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Touching the kerb is not an Automatic fail. Depending on the severity of the touch it could be a grade 1 or 2, "mounting" would mean the car, or one wheel, made its way onto the kerb, which is a straight grade 3/fail.

i got an automatic fail the first time i had my test for "rubbing" the kerb

i guess, it depends on what humour the tester is in tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Passed this morning with SGS Limerick, 2nd test! Route was grand apart from the amount of lunchtime traffic around and a dodgy place for the turnabout. Now have my licence in my possesion so happy out! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Congratulations!

DarkJager wrote: »
    Passed this morning .... ......Now have my licence in my possesion
    That was quick! Are they giving them out over the counter in Limerick?

• Advertisement

Congratulations!

That was quick! Are they giving them out over the counter in Limerick?

Cheers man. Yeah just filled out application, got my passport photos and went into tax office. Got it straight over the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

Passed yesterday evening with RSA in Waterford. :D First time and all. Cannot believe it as was really nervous and though I had failed as I made a mess of my reverse as it was on a slope. I had swung a bit wide but adjusted and got a grade 2 fault for it. So delighted.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips.

Passed yesterday evening with RSA in Waterford. :D First time and all. Cannot believe it as was really nervous and though I had failed as I made a mess of my reverse as it was on a slope. I had swung a bit wide but adjusted and got a grade 2 fault for it. So delighted.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips.

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Passed first time with SGs in Baldoyle. Despite somehow turning on the windscreen wipers and not being able to turn them off again before even starting the car :o, was sure I would be failed for silliness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

passed the test right there :) in ballybrit Galway SGS.. happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭galwaygirl08

I passed in Ballybrit also, lovely instructor, nice route, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

passed

1 grade one
    and 2 grade twos
    booyah!...........so happy yet tired very tired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I passed in Churchtown RSA this morning. Incidentally it was my first time, I'm well pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Passed with only 2 minor errors! I was sure I made more than that (must not have noticed those :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gica

Congrats, I think you were the guy before 9AM with the blondie woman ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

Passed this morning in pottery road...
    The tester could not have been nicer!..
    only three minor faults, 2nd time doing it, was so nervous!

Well done to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Gica wrote: »
    Congrats, I think you were the guy before 9AM with the blondie woman ;)

No, I had mine at 16:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

WoooHoo....passed...3 grade 2 errors and she said I was a very good driver...it doesn't get much better than that (well, no errors would be unreal I guess LOL!)!!

It all started very badly Sunday when I discovered my power steering had gone on my car...mechanic confirmed Monday - no car for test on tuesday...hence I had to transfer my insurance to my brothers car and do the test in it...only had 4 hours to familarise myself with it...mine is a hatchback...his is a saloon..so the omens weren't good!

Anyways....test was with SGS..For those thinking SGS are easier than RSA, think again..I was doing it four others...they all failed, and this (Longford) is a centre with apparantly a 72% SGS V 53% RSA sucess rate. Tester was very thorough, to the point, gave good direction, but after the test was done and she handed me my cert of comp..she was a gem - all smiles, handshake and congrats!

No techical checks (p**sing with rain), very detailed interior checks and questions like "how to test brakes" "how to test types to see if they are ok" etc.

so, upshot is...absolutely delighted, and can finally go back on the roads..I have had the car off the road unless accompanied (not often) since July 1

the very best of wishes to you other guys who passed recently too...congrats and best of luck to those about to sit it...its a great feeling to pass..trust me!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Incidentally, and apologies I forgot to add, but thank you so much to all you Boards.ie members posting very helpful advice ...thanks in particular to wishbone ash and alanstrainor...legends..

MMD
    :D:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MMD wrote: »
    Incidentally, and apologies I forgot to add, but thank you so much to all you Boards.ie members posting very helpful advice ...thanks in particular to wishbone ash and alanstrainor...legends..

MMD
    :D:D

Thank you very much, and congrats, it's nice to hear some good press.
    Cheers!
    Alan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

mistakenly booked 2 tests within a week of each other and im glad i didn't cancel the second one. Failed on thursday with 9 more serious faults and 1 major, hit a phone box parking. Passed in the same centre (Shannon) yesterday with 2 more serious faults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gica

j1979p wrote: »
    No, I had mine at 16:00

Ohh, I thought you've passed yesterday :)

There was a happy guy just before me, I thougt that was you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tomcosgrave

I passed with 5 minor errors!
    In Baldoyle, with my test just before 9am - I believe I was the second person tested today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Upthedeise07

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!! :D:D:D
    Passed my test on the 3rd attempt in Waterford...couldn't be happier!!

Think I had 5 faults in total....

It a great feeling to have it over..

got great hints and tips from boards, had stuff printed out for the morning of the test.
    It was a great help

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

Good luck if you are doing your test too :D

Congrats to yee all, there seems to be a lot of posts in the successful thread today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

passed with 5 grade 2's up in tallaght! 2nd attempt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Enda89 wrote: »
    passed with 5 grade 2's up in tallaght! 2nd attempt :pac:

Congratulations....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Passed in Tyrellstown this morning. 3 grade 2's.

The guys there are friendly and put you at good ease which helps alot.

Thanks on here to everyone who posted tips etc etc as I read everything in the hope I could pick up anything that would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mcgraw

I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im soooooooooooo thrilled its over.
    i just want to say thanks to everyone on here for the advice. i only joined a couple of days ago but i've been reading all the advice for months.

Anyway im off now to rip up my L-Plates etc etc!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Best of luck to everyone else doing test..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Well done on passing the test. Safe driving.:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement