Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT release 1.3 out now!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Traffic wrote: »
    I have just asked meteor to send me the isp access point settings and have installed them and rebooted my phone
    When i go to send a text i get an error message "server is unavailable" anyone have any ideas of a fix for this?

Also can a northern ireland phone operator use this application?

as welll as having the settings sent to your phone, you need to set them as the default settings and the meteor agent needs to provision your account for isp access. it's very hard to get them to do that because none of them have a clue about it but you need to insist that there's nothing you can do at your end and the agent needs to go to the technical team and say the words "this customer needs isp access provisioned on their account"

pipkato wrote: »
    When I run it from there and under 'Settings' put in my O2 phone number for 'Username' and my WebText password for 'password' and click on 'OK' I get to a message pane and I can type in a message. When I click on OK I get a new 'enter phone number' pane. I enter a phone number here. I also see a 'Radio Button' marked 'Enter manually'.

i realise this is a bit late but there should be an option for send there

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

How do i set them as my default settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Also can a northern ireland phone operator use this application?

I use aft using a northern ireland phone operator (o2). I use smsdiscount and my o2 southern webtexts.

You can use aft with any phone operator that has internet access.

Im still getting the error server is unavailable

my settings are set to
    settings>configuration>Default configuration settings> Meteor
    i have activated default in all applications
    preferred access point is meteor web

Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement

Im still getting the error server is unavailable

my settings are set to
    settings>configuration>Default configuration settings> Meteor
    i have activated default in all applications
    preferred access point is meteor web

Anyone any ideas?

yes. call meteor like i said. setting them as the default is one of the two steps. getting your accout provisioned for it is the other. you can't do that yourself. you need to call meteor

I have called meteor and they have set it up

still not working...now im getting a message saying there was a problem sending your message

Meteor def say they have it all set up corrctly what are the other settings i need to change myself

anyone got what the settings should be for a nokia 6233?

Meteor def say they have it all set up corrctly what are the other settings i need to change myself

anyone got what the settings should be for a nokia 6233?

yes. the menus might be slightly different on your phone but here's the instructions:

(you should delete all your current settings first)

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: meteor web
    homepage:http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    username:my
    password:isp
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: meteor web apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.mymeteor.ie
    authentication type:normal
    username:my
    password:isp

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight meteor web and press options->activate
    then do the same for meteor web apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight meteor web and press options->set as default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

and bear in mind that meteor agents have told lots of people they were provisioned for it when they weren't

Are your login details correct?

Try the following test:

http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/serverside/send.php?u=xxx&p=xxx&d=xxx&s=m&m=TestMessage&f=xxx

replace all the xxx where;
    u is your username
    p is your password
    d is the destination number
    and f is the from number (ie the number that you want to appear to be from)

Then copy and paste this into a browser window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Myself and SWMBO have been using AFT successfully for several months from O2. However, for the last few weeks both of our AFTs have sat down and refused to work. The AFT page seems to be down all the time too. Are we alone in experiencing problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

had the same problem with a version that I had assumed (incorrectly) was the latest version, but was in fact not.

working fine again now that I'm using the version in the link posted by Sam Vimes.

thanks Sam for all your work and the work of the other people supporting this great application. :)

Just a couple of thoughts I had though.

Would it be possible to set default connections for AFT? it keeps asking me which connection to use every time I try and send a text. (Nokia N95 8gb btw, if it makes a difference). maybe even have an auto connect by order of preference. some of the newer N & E Series Nokia's have wifi built in, so maybe an option of using defined wifi access points by default with GPRS then if no AP's are visible? sorry, might be asking a bit much, but just wondering if it would be possible to do. :)

it would also be nice if it could just directly access the phones addressbook without having to add the name to the number manually after each new addresse is sent a message.

i know i'm asking a lot, but i thought it might be worth asking anyway just in case you were already thinking about it. ;)

vibe666 wrote: »
    had the same problem with a version that I had assumed (incorrectly) was the latest version, but was in fact not.

working fine again now that I'm using the version in the link posted by Sam Vimes.

thanks Sam for all your work and the work of the other people supporting this great application. :)

Just a couple of thoughts I had though.

Would it be possible to set default connections for AFT? it keeps asking me which connection to use every time I try and send a text. (Nokia N95 8gb btw, if it makes a difference). maybe even have an auto connect by order of preference. some of the newer N & E Series Nokia's have wifi built in, so maybe an option of using defined wifi access points by default with GPRS then if no AP's are visible? sorry, might be asking a bit much, but just wondering if it would be possible to do. :)

it would also be nice if it could just directly access the phones addressbook without having to add the name to the number manually after each new addresse is sent a message.

i know i'm asking a lot, but i thought it might be worth asking anyway just in case you were already thinking about it. ;)

I don't think the connection preference thing is possible through java.

Nor does java allow you to access the user phonebook directly (it only allows you access to the numbers in the phone book, if you see what I mean). But you do know that you can actually go into your phonebook to choose a number with AFT, right?

just to be clear on this, i didn't make AFT and had no involvement in it's development. I'm just helping people with problems. i'm just on the site a lot more than dal so i tend to see the problems first :)

i'm looking into this for a separate application but it doesn't look like J2ME allows this
    can't be done with J2ME afaik.

ah okay, didn't realise that. :(

thanks anyway though, i know you've put a lot of effort into getting it working for people, so you deserve plenty of praise even if you won't blow your own trumpet. ;)

i do have an idea for a weightwatchers points calculator tho if anyone fancies having a crack that that. can imagine having something like that on your mobile would be very handy for girls (and boys) doing their points plan. :)

currently the g/f has it all planned out on a spreadsheet, but i'm sure it could be squeezed into a java app for use on a phone maybe if someone had the skills? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Just want to ask a quick question, does the app utilise a script on the home page http://www.dallan.co.uk ? Just saw it come up when sending the message.

yep, from what I understand it sends the info to the server at that address which then logs into your webtext to send the messages. afaik.

yep, from what I understand it sends the info to the server at that address which then logs into your webtext to send the messages. afaik.

Absolutely correct. This is why it cost so little to send a text. Instead of your phone communicating directly with the network website (which would cost a fortune), the phone sends the minimum amount of information (login, destination, message text) to the dallan server which then does all the heavy work in communicating with the network website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

~Any idea why AFT stopped working recently?

I deleted and tried to install the new one, but get a "Invalid application" error message

Nokia 3110c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John Wynne

ive an unlocked 5300 and aft works when i put a meteor sim in but not when i use my vodafone sim. i think its something to do with the phone not allowing applications access the internet... anyone know how to change settings so itll allow applications gprs access?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Hi,
    I just installed it, but am getting a message back telling me "there was a problem sending your message, invalid account".

Any ideas as to what is causing this, please?
    I've set it as o2 with my number and password, but its not working.
    The older version used to work before I had to reset my phone.

Thanks,
    DOS.

********edit********
    Now working, deleted the account and set it up again.
    Thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Anyone having issues using AFT/Cabbage with vodafone recently?

Switched over to Vodafone a few weeks back because of the number of webtexts per month (600) and it had been going fine, but lately it's started to charge me ridiculous amounts for sending a text with either of these programmes (as in up to 18/19c!).

Can anyone advise on what the issue might be? Thanks!

adam_ccfc wrote: »
    Anyone having issues using AFT/Cabbage with vodafone recently?

Switched over to Vodafone a few weeks back because of the number of webtexts per month (600) and it had been going fine, but lately it's started to charge me ridiculous amounts for sending a text with either of these programmes (as in up to 18/19c!).

Can anyone advise on what the issue might be? Thanks!

Did you switch on to bill pay?

And do you have the phone set to use the isp.Vodafone.ie access point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    And do you have the phone set to use the isp.Vodafone.ie access point?

Thanks, this was it. Never had to play around with settings on O2 so I was unaware. Had been using Vodafone Live!:rolleyes:

Advertisement