Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT release 1.3 out now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

yapyap wrote:
    When sending on an N73, keeps flashing?
    Have disabled flash after send feature
    I don't think the n73 supports backlight flash.
    Do you mean it still flashes even after you have disabled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

Thanks again for the great ap!

I'm using Voipbuster and entered 00353... into the from field and the texts are appearing from my username. My number is verified and works with the Voipbuster client.

I get flashing too while sending on my N80, the screen flickers white while sending, even though flash disabled in the settings.

Is there any way to have the dial button (you know the green one that answers calls) be bound to the "OK" option, so you can just press the dial key to send the messages rather than going to options -> ok -> select number -> options ok. Dial button -> number -> dial button for example.

Another thing, could there be an option to edit accounts? At the moment you have to create a new account if you want to change settings on an account. Again only a small thing but just thought i'd provide the feedback anyhow.

Mentioned this in another thread but thought I'd add it here again, the texts using Voipbuster aren't free, charged the €0.02 for the Irish texts. Probably cause either the server or the proxies haven't an Irish IP. Was wondering if this will be sorted or will you be making a version where one could set it up on their own server?

Excellent job! Keep up the good work :)

brophis wrote:
    I'm using Voipbuster and entered 00353... into the from field and the texts are appearing from my username. My number is verified and works with the Voipbuster client.
    I can only assume that perhaps donutface hasn't yet implemented the "from number" functionality on the server side for voipbuster. I will try to contact him later.
    brophis wrote:
    I get flashing too while sending on my N80, the screen flickers white while sending, even though flash disabled in the settings.
    The screen flicker has nothing to do with "flash after send" option (because its only designed to flash once AFTER the send). The flicker must just come from how nokia repaints the screen.
    brophis wrote:
    Is there any way to have the dial button (you know the green one that answers calls) be bound to the "OK" option, so you can just press the dial key to send the messages rather than going to options -> ok -> select number -> options ok. Dial button -> number -> dial button for example.
    Unfortunately not.
    brophis wrote:
    Another thing, could there be an option to edit accounts? At the moment you have to create a new account if you want to change settings on an account. Again only a small thing but just thought i'd provide the feedback anyhow.
    I don't think I will change this as it wud increase the size of the app without increasing usability signifcantly.
    brophis wrote:
    Mentioned this in another thread but thought I'd add it here again, the texts using Voipbuster aren't free, charged the €0.02 for the Irish texts. Probably cause either the server or the proxies haven't an Irish IP. Was wondering if this will be sorted or will you be making a version where one could set it up on their own server?
    There is no way to sort it as it stands, although Donutface mentioned a while back that he might release the code this summer when he gets a chance.

By the way, the issue with the "+" symbol in the "from number" field has been resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

The new features look great dal... but I just cannot get it to work for either Vodafone or for SMSDiscount... and no I wasn't able to get the previous incarnations running either.

I'm pretty sure my settings are correct - I can access Opera Mini and even Paddy Power Mobile but everytime I try to use the AFT it returns with there was a problem sending your message...

Anyone else out there on a Nokia 6234 Vodafone that's got this working? If so could you please send me a PM with the "correct" settings...

Thanky...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

my meteor AFT messages are costing €0.02, anyway to reduce this cost down, am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

installed it on my SE W810i but got an "application error" message...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

try the MIDP1 version, maybe the W810 is one of those imode phones that doesnt support J2ME

as regards to the 2c meteor text, your gonna have to call meteor and ask them to enable and send you the ISP access point settings (they wont even know it exists, but hundreds of people on this forum use it wiht AFT), once they activated that the rate will drop to 1c a message (provided they sent you the settings aswell)

Im not sure what the issue is with VoipBuster, ill check it out soon, kind of a struggle as im in the middle of my leaving cert ;)

IH8TXT:) wrote:
    installed it on my SE W810i but got an "application error" message...:confused:
    Have you tried the jad file? How are you transferring the file to your phone? At what point do you see the error message?
    And lastly, have you tried googling "W810i "application error""?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

doesnt seem to be working for me on O2 post pay, k740i.
    phone vibrates to indicate that the app connected to the web ok but recipient phone doesnt get the text.

on yer website ye say:
    IF THE PROGRAM CANT SEND A TEXT, CALL YOUR NETWORK IN AND ASK THEM TO ACTIVATE THE INTERNET APN, NOT THE GPRS ONE.

if its not the gprs one what is it? the gsm one? I rang o2 twice before to say that my phone couldnt connect using the dial up settings and they said it was because it wasnt supported for the k750i on their network.

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote:
    doesnt seem to be working for me on O2 post pay, k740i.
    phone vibrates to indicate that the app connected to the web ok but recipient phone doesnt get the text.

if its not the gprs one what is it? the gsm one? I rang o2 twice before to say that my phone couldnt connect using the dial up settings and they said it was because it wasnt supported for the k750i on their network.
    The phone vibrating does NOT indicate that the app connected to the web. When it connects to the web, you should see a little globe appear in the top left corner of the screen.

I've definitely got the k750i working with o2 pre-pay so it should work for you. Get your internet connection working first. Then try AFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ah yes, it says "there was a problem sending your message" and vibrates.

got it fixed, the "Settings for Java" were set to the wrong profile

Cheers for the great App!!!!

Scruff wrote:

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Scruff wrote:

it took me sooo long to find out that was why i could never get it to work on a sony ericsson. i don't see the point of that option tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I can't get the SMS Discount application to work on my PC. I think it may be because I have Vista.

As a result I cannot change my default number on my profile.

Is this why my texts through AFT are coming up with my user name on SMS Discount?

I can't get the SMS Discount application to work on my PC. I think it may be because I have Vista.

As a result I cannot change my default number on my profile.

Is this why my texts through AFT are coming up with my user name on SMS Discount?
    Yes. This is working for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

@donut - the w810i isn't imode.

@dal
    There seems to be a bug whereby the app reports as having sent the text using a different gateway than the one you've selected. This appears to be just cosmethic and seems to actually send through the right one .. but it's very confusing.

ciaranfo wrote:
    @donut - the w810i isn't imode.

@dal
    There seems to be a bug whereby the app reports as having sent the text using a different gateway than the one you've selected. This appears to be just cosmethic and seems to actually send through the right one .. but it's very confusing.
    Thanks. I would like to fix this. Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce the problem?

@dal
    - install aft
    - add an account, call it whatever
    - add another account, call it whatever2
    - set whatever2 as the default
    - type up and send a msg
    - it says sent, and says send using whatever
    - check your phone ... it came from whatever2

@dal
    Can we get the version incremented slightly for every bug you fix? It's hard to know sometimes if we should redownload or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

when setting this up for meteor - i presume i put the user name as my phone number and the password is my pin number?

@Tauren
    Yes. The PIN being your web PIN and not your SIM PIN.

ciaranfo wrote:
    @dal
    Can we get the version incremented slightly for every bug you fix? It's hard to know sometimes if we should redownload or not :)
    Good idea. Will do from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

donutface wrote:
    try the MIDP1 version, maybe the W810 is one of those imode phones that doesnt support J2ME
    Imode phones won't support midp1 either.. And to second another poster before me, the w810 is not an imode phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Okay im on meteor and have a nokia 5300, how do I get this to work on it. I previously had a k750i, and I had the programme installed on it but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work. I read that a certain type of gprs has to be activated by your network provider, can someone please tell me a little bit more about this?

Duffff-Man wrote:
    Okay im on meteor and have a nokia 5300, how do I get this to work on it. I previously had a k750i, and I had the programme installed on it but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work. I read that a certain type of gprs has to be activated by your network provider, can someone please tell me a little bit more about this?
    go here:
    http://www.nokia.ie/A4202188

click standard settings and follow the instructions to download the right settings to your phone. i recommend you delete all current meteor settings on your phone first so as not to confuse yourself and pick an old one instead of the one you just downloaded.

set "meteor wap" as the default and it should work.

the other access point just makes it cheaper (1c vs 2c). to do that, select the "meteor web" settings as the default. they should be downloaded at the same time as the wap settings. then you have to ring meteor and ask them to activate the ISP access point. the person might not know what you're talking about so keep ringing or tell them to ask someone.

in the internet settings on the phone, there might be an option "activate default in all applications". if so, set the settings you want (web if you can get meteor to understand) and then use that option

edit:i just had a look at the manual for the 5300 and it says the option for activate default in all apps is there. its under settings->configuration

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

go here:
    http://www.nokia.ie/A4202188

click standard settings and follow the instructions to download the right settings to your phone. i recommend you delete all current meteor settings on your phone first so as not to confuse yourself and pick an old one instead of the one you just downloaded.

set "meteor wap" as the default and it should work.

the other access point just makes it cheaper (1c vs 2c). to do that, select the "meteor web" settings as the default. they should be downloaded at the same time as the wap settings. then you have to ring meteor and ask them to activate the ISP access point. the person might not know what you're talking about so keep ringing or tell them to ask someone.

in the internet settings on the phone, there might be an option "activate default in all applications". if so, set the settings you want (web if you can get meteor to understand) and then use that option

edit:i just had a look at the manual for the 5300 and it says the option for activate default in all apps is there. its under settings->configuration

I am just on the phone to meteor now. I have downloaded the settings as you said to above. I have the application on my phone now, but what do I put in for username and password?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

your username is your phone number and your password is your mymeteor login( the original pin meteor gave you or what you've chaged it to since.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

heuston we have a problem,well i had aft working and all for a few months,then a month ago it stopped working,its not my gprs settings

• Advertisement

thomasjad wrote:
    heuston we have a problem,well i had aft working and all for a few months,then a month ago it stopped working,its not my gprs settings
    have you tried:

uninstalling and reinstalling
    different sim in phone
    different phone with your sim
    re-downloading gprs settings

how do you mean its not working? what happens?

Advertisement