Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT release 1.3 out now!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Hey there have a Samsung E390 and it doesnt seem to let me create my default account settings.

I cant get out of the field "Enter Account name" - so i cant choose network and enter username and password.

any ideas ??

Cheers in advance

Doug

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

I have the same phone with the same problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

gprs settings are fine on the phone,i can use the internet no problem,aft worked a while ago(about a month)for me,it just says there was a problem sending your message.im meteor btw and have already the apn settings activated and all the right settings on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

thomasjad wrote:
    gprs settings are fine on the phone,i can use the internet no problem,aft worked a while ago(about a month)for me,it just says there was a problem sending your message.im meteor btw and have already the apn settings activated and all the right settings on the phone
    So what exactly has changed in the equation since a month ago?

I just uploaded a new version of AFT (1.3.2) which fixes a minor bug (problem when deleting user account)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

i have no idea what has changed.What's the location for aft 1.3.1?

thomasjad wrote:
    i have no idea what has changed.What's the location for aft 1.3.1?
    It's the same location as for 1.3. Its actually 1.3.2 now. I changed it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

I have installed version 1.3 on my phone and my isp acc has been activated by Meteor but most of my aft's have been costing 2c rather than the normal 1c. Anybody have any ideas why?
    thanks
    Maire

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

just in case I'm being stupid

I've only just downloaded 1.3.x, and am setting up multiple accounts - AFT User, Voipbuster and SmsDiscount x 2 or 3

I'm assuming: the account name is not sent anywhere and is just a description put on it within the ap, eg AFTU, VB, Smsd.uk, Smsd.de2, Smsd.im, with the other details (eg different numbers on the same SmsD account) entered applicable to each.

Is that correct, or am I not up to speed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

The account name/description is just that - a description or friendly name for your own reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Hi,

Seems AFT is down, not working for o2 or Vodafone.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

Hi,

Seems AFT is down, not working for o2 or Vodafone.

K

its not been workin great for me either(meteor)..comes and goes but mainly goes! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hi Dal.

Have finally got smsdiscount working on my pc.

I am trying to verify my number to allow me to send texts that appear to come from my number than my username.

When I click to verify the program states that it's sending me a text but that text never comes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hi. does one need an AFT account to send msg using thr AFT app on the mobile phone or is it enough to install the app, using one's network details (mobile number, webtext pin etc) ?

i am with meteor and have a SE W800i.

laoisfan wrote:
    hi. does one need an AFT account to send msg using thr AFT app on the mobile phone or is it enough to install the app, using one's network details (mobile number, webtext pin etc) ?

i am with meteor and have a SE W800i.

You don't need an AFT account. Just pop in your username and password, choose your netwokr and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

how is reliability at the mo guys? we had some issues a few days back but they should all be long gone at this stage

Seems stable on O2 with MT donut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

can AFT work with voicecheap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ya reliability is quite good lately, except for friday night (i think) it wasnt working. Its very fast the last while aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

I seem to have missed something here.

I've been using AFT on Vodafone and am now considering either Voipbuster or SMSDiscount for international texts. So I go here and here and the charge is 5 cent each. So tell me is this as good as it gets? I know it's a pittance, but why not go here for texts at 2.8 cent each with the free application or incorporate the mobiSMS sender in AFT.

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    I seem to have missed something here.

I've been using AFT on Vodafone and am now considering either Voipbuster or SMSDiscount for international texts. So I go here and here and the charge is 5 cent each. So tell me is this as good as it gets? I know it's a pittance, but why not go here for texts at 2.8 cent each with the free application or incorporate the mobiSMS sender in AFT.
    Go here and you'll see that for smsdiscount its 1c to most destinations (that i use anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

i dunno whats up wiv my aft @da mo. Haven't been able to use it now for over three weeks, i keep trying different versions..the error message changes from invalid account to Message sent you have left...doesn't get delivered and doesn't tell me how much i have left. its very bizarre. any idea whats up?

IH8TXT:) wrote:
    i dunno whats up wiv my aft @da mo. Haven't been able to use it now for over three weeks, i keep trying different versions..the error message changes from invalid account to Message sent you have left...doesn't get delivered and doesn't tell me how much i have left. its very bizarre. any idea whats up?
    What network are you and did it just stop working out of the blue or did you get a new phone or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

im with vodafone and ya i upgraded it to the new version and ever since then it won't work....is anyone else having this problem wiv vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Hi all,

Thanks again for the help yesterday dal in the other thread!!
    Im postin in this one today to annoy your head :(

Ok so the problem is, the app seems to work intermittently maybe 7 times out of 10. It will always get to the point of saying "Result, Your message was not sent successfully". Is says this message no matter what but sends the message most of the time.

Looks like it could be a problem with my java settings on my k800i from previous posts but they look ok to me! Im on voda prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Nice one, going to give it a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pipkato

Hello, I hope someone can help with some novice questions. Is there a simple explanation for beginners anywhere?

I just discovered AFT and downloaded it to the 'My Midlets' folder on my XDA IIs.

When I run it from there and under 'Settings' put in my O2 phone number for 'Username' and my WebText password for 'password' and click on 'OK' I get to a message pane and I can type in a message. When I click on OK I get a new 'enter phone number' pane. I enter a phone number here. I also see a 'Radio Button' marked 'Enter manually'.

However I'm not clear what to do next. Do I click on Menu/OK? I've done that and nothing happens - no messages, no error message etc.

As I said I'm a novice in this area and don't understand what should be happening with AFT. I normally just use my phone for talk and occasionally use the WiFi to access the internet. I send almost all my texts using O2's internet webtext access.

Maybe AFT doesn't work on the XDA IIs but I can't find a list of compatible devices anywhere. Maybe it doesn't work on O2 anymore, but the Wiki pages suggest it does.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Just discovered this app, thanks a million!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

What a clever application, thank you very much!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

I have just asked meteor to send me the isp access point settings and have installed them and rebooted my phone
    When i go to send a text i get an error message "server is unavailable" anyone have any ideas of a fix for this?

Also can a northern ireland phone operator use this application?

Advertisement