Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way you'd like to die?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A gunfight with Clint Eastwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

In a really hilarious way, like flying a plane in to one of two of the tallest towers in the world causing them to collapse, killing thousands of innocent people for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Apparently it is a peaceful way to go.

No it's not. When you're drowning, you're not going to sit back and relax, you'll want to live. You're body automatically wants to breath, no matter how hard you try to hold your breath. You'll eventually breath in water, which will cause your body to involutarily cough it back up, which will cause you to swallow more water, which will make you cough even more and cause greater panic. You'll continue flailing around trying to breath until you're body suffers anoxia (think that's what it's called) where basically, your body runs out of oxygen, and if you're lucky, you'll lose consiousness before your heart goes into cardiac arrest (which isn't exactly painless).

All in all, I could do without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

<damo>by the haaaaaaaaand of a MAAAASSSSAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII</damo>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

humanji wrote:
    No it's not. When you're drowning, you're not going to sit back and relax, you'll want to live.

sorry but you are wrong.

Having been stuck under the water for close to 2 minutes i can assure you, i had accepted my faith and stopped struggling about 15-20 seconds before i was removed, everything slows down.

Panic,
    struggle, can i grab anything.
    nope,
    panic,
    what if i move my legs....
    OUCH,
    panic,
    ah crap,
    im dead,
    could be worse,
    feeling kinda dizzy now,
    what just touched my arm,
    AAAIIIIIRRRRRR.
    vomit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Drowning in your own piss would be painful.........to your ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

cance wrote:
    sorry but you are wrong.

Having been stuck under the water for close to 2 minutes i can assure you, i had accepted my faith and stopped struggling about 15-20 seconds before i was removed, everything slows down.

Panic,
    struggle, can i grab anything.
    nope,
    panic,
    what if i move my legs....
    OUCH,
    panic,
    ah crap,
    im dead,
    could be worse,
    feeling kinda dizzy now,
    what just touched my arm,
    AAAIIIIIRRRRRR.
    vomit.

So you're saying all that was comforting? :confused: The point is that drowing isn't relaxing. And this is from personal experience too. You're body fights whether you want it to or not. The space of time from when you're fighting to breath and from when you black out is tiny and for it, you've got a head ache and your lungs feel like they're exploding. Add to that, waking up with some fat guy giving you mouth to mout, it's really not worth it!

Duggy747 wrote:
    Drowning in your own piss would be painful.........to your ego.

Yet drowning in someone elses piss is considered kinky. Damn double standards!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

humanji wrote:

Yet drowning in someone elses piss is considered kinky. Damn double standards!!!

Don't you judge me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

foxyboxer wrote:
    in a hail of arrows ...... a la leonidas :p
    Now that'd be proper 'ard!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

DaveMcG wrote:
    Now that'd be proper 'ard!

Go up to Dunsink lane..it could easily happen!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to ask anyone to fnd out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

to eat yourself to death over a period of two years. just get fatter and fatter and live in your own filth.

or blow my brains out in front of a classroom of small children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Jakkass wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to ask anyone to fnd out :)

How many drowned people have you seen with smiles on their faces? ;)

I'd like to go down in a blaze of glory but knowing me it'll be a suitably boring death. Like falling down the stairs or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

does anybody have any information about the politician who allegedly got pied in the face at a press conference and smothered on the cream and crust. I think it did happen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Age 120 heart stoppage in the company of company of twin nurses who just happen to have a de fibularator so I won't stay "dead" long, and then lots of tlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Heroin overdose.

Actually, inject heroin, then jump over the side of a massive cliff.

Blissful and painless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jump feet-first into a tree shredder..messy and painfull but what the heck!.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    And how the hell would you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Q_Ball wrote:
    How many drowned people have you seen with smiles on their faces? ;)
    Interestingly, anoxia can be quite a euphoric way to go, which is why strangulation is a common practice during sex among the kinkier folks, aka chokers, and also why mandrake was said to grow under the bodies of hanged men - its where their ejaculate fell when they were hanged. Theres a spot of useless trivia that will haunt you to your uncannily-predicted-on-boards-grave. :D

I for one would like to go gasping in the midst of several dozen freshly deflowered virgins. And for you deities with a warped sense of humour listening in, that does not mean I want to be murdered in a rustic setting by a serial sheep rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Saint_Mel wrote:
    I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....
    not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus. :p

Haha, post of the day! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Taking you all with me.
    Failing that, sword throught the heart. Or go the way Boromir did. That guy took so many arrows and stabs but kept going. Would be painful but what the hell, it's cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Alone, terrified and in horrible pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The same way Tony Montana went.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Interestingly, anoxia can be quite a euphoric way to go, which is why strangulation is a common practice during sex among the kinkier folks, aka chokers

I'd say thats more to do with power and submission than oxygen deprivation.
    and also why mandrake was said to grow under the bodies of hanged men - its where their ejaculate fell when they were hanged.

I call poppycock. Link! LINK!

Me, I want to be sitting on a nuclear weapon when it goes off, listening to some really good, really loud music. The speed of the explosion would be much faster than the speed at which my nerves operate so the chances of me experiencing anything unpleasant before I die would be minimal.

I've also always loved the notion of being hit by a completely random, giganitc block of ice from the sky. And no, not a meteor. It has to be a perfect cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Plane crash, listening to Reign In Blood. Inspired by hitting turbulence while listening to it a few months ago. It was exciting. I reckon you'd have so much adrenaline you wouldn't feel a thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... also why mandrake was said to grow under the bodies of hanged men - its where their ejaculate fell when they were hanged.
    Zillah wrote:
    I call poppycock. Link! LINK!
    He's right, it was quite a common superstition, can't be bothered searching too far for back-up links but here, here and here for example.
    I for one would like to go gasping in the midst of several dozen freshly deflowered virgins. And for you deities with a warped sense of humour listening in, that does not mean I want to be murdered in a rustic setting by a serial sheep rapist.
    You want to have a heart attack while you're doing the sheep-shagging? :D

In answer to the original question, I'm as predictable as a a lot of the guys on this thread, I'm afraid ... in the saddle sounds perfect!! ;)

And if not that, at least quickly, painlessly and preferably with most of my faculties still in place until the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

foxyboxer wrote:
    in a hail of arrows ...... a la leonidas :p

Wish Id died in the UCI queue before I saw it, awful awful film script wise, 2 ****ing hours of CGI! The highly tappable posh English yoke playin the wife was the only reason worth watching it. Most overrated film in god knows how long. Grr, just thinking of it makes me want to do the director in like the chainsaw dude in Scarfae.

As for me, I dunno, Tommy in Goodfellas had a fairly quick death compared to what he did to poor Billy Batts :)

Hmm, it would probably have to be Hulk Hogan breaking my neck after catching me with Brooke (ah Hogan Knows Best. Its like the Osbournes, except you get the horn watching it). I would have said doing anything to Chuck Norris but apparently he is all pacifist and religious now in real life :) He was interviewed re the CN facts, he said they were very funny but people should remember god is more powerful than Chuck Norris :D tbh I want a bout to prove it once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

My way to die would be of heart attack due to sex with a gold digger who thinks I'm a millionaire but actually I only have 2 polo mints and a sock in my bank account! Muahahaha.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

At the end of a very long killing spree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

At the end of a very long killing spree.

Like that, I'd enter the BB contest and smuggle in some weapons and tear gas..........they want ratings? Ho ho, I'll give 'em ratings!!

Advertisement