Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well folks, I am a bit too much of a regular here for it to be healthy, and this is completely the opposite of on-topic. But I posted on the 'adverts we like' thread, which is much less enjoyable by definition because it's lacking cynicism and hatred, and nobody ever posts there because ads are not likeable. Anyway my point was that I am a massive, massive fan of the new SuperValu ad, or more particularly the woman in it. Everything about her (except her child and her horrible jacket) is great and I'll be shopping there for the foreseeable future.

That's my shameful admission out of the way. If someone could send me her name, address, birthday, and weekly schedule that would be great.

She kind goes overboard with the enthusiasm though, it's like she is almost going to have an orgasm bladdering on about how great SV are.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If an ad bothers me I don't buy their product or go into their store.
    Harvey Norman, Cillit Bang, most online betting companies you lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Allyall wrote: »
    The numpty from the Meteor Christmas advert (He turns more into an elf with ever question), and the Axa Red line :mad: Advert (Breakit... :mad::() is now doing some sort of crap flailing dancing, in an Airport for Cadburys Biscuit Bar.

Who keeps hiring him? Or are there no other people auditioning for these shíte adverts (That would probably be a good thing)...?

I came here to give out about exactly this, I hate that fella. He sounds like he has a dose of snots, and he is visible on every ad break, either Axa or Cadbury... I can't understand why he is so.popular in advertising, who are his parents??? Is he as connected in advertising as Anton Savage is in media??? Might explain his constant appearance....

Btw dude, that beard does you no favours... Blow your nose and buy a Mach3, and get a new career

I really can't stand him, twas the.Meteor ad that did me in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

it's like she is almost going to have an orgasm bladdering on about how great SV are.

I desperately wish I could agree. Sadly this isn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

lordgoat wrote: »
    If an ad bothers me I don't buy their product or go into their store.
    Harvey Norman, Cillit Bang, most online betting companies you lose.

Same here. I have never stood in a Harvey Norman shop. Maybe I am missing lots of bargains, but I hate the ads so much, it puts me right off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Damn Supervalu ad, she looks too old to have such a squeaky kids voice!!! That flipping yellow coat'!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Damn Supervalu ad, she looks too old to have such a squeaky kids voice!!! That flipping yellow coat'!

I won't hear her name besmirched!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hey eircom customers, stop shaking your tellys, it's just stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

As is the song used in that ad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ok no-one get offended by this post, you have been warned.

Have you been coughing for 3 or more weeks?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

You might have cancer. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm pregnant......1/2 weeks..... Omg I think I might cry!!!
    Grrr the clear blue pregnancy test ad is very very very irritating.

I'm pregnant......1/2 weeks..... Omg I think I might cry!!!
    Grrr the clear blue pregnancy test ad is very very very irritating.

Well at least your having a baby, I have cancer :( <runs and cries> <with karma following behind>

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Tv3 were showing an ad at the end of some programme about a coffee machine, had the standard dort dolly doing the voice over, the one for where she gushes about making some coffee concoction by the name 'tackymackyatugh' "drives me to stab my ears out, course the ad is n not aimed at 99% of the population

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

denlaw wrote: »
    ...some coffee concoction by the name 'tackymackyatugh' "drives me to stab my ears out, course the ad is n not aimed at 99% of the population

Are you referring to caffé macchiato? Clearly I'm in the other 1% of the population! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I hate that McDonalds were allowed to use the Cheers theme!! It upsets me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The F**king Haribo advert, where they are all sitting around a conference room table making stupid faces whilst lip-syncing to a kids voice.

It would probably be better if they did it as adults, without the stupid faces. I never saw a child gurning like that while they talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The new One Direct 'Tutu' ad, never a fan of Pat Shortt's showband version either but at least he managed to make the number fit in the depressing tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The F**king Haribo advert, where they are all sitting around a conference room table making stupid faces whilst lip-syncing to a kids voice.

It would probably be better if they did it as adults, without the stupid faces. I never saw a child gurning like that while they talk.

Saw that one last night. Agreed, the voices are bad enough, but the gurning... Weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

That mega annoying Bet Fred ad with the Beyoncé song mixed in with it. I always mute it.

Also that Turkish Airlines ad with Messi and that other guy in it, not sure who he is. The ad really grates on me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

The Freepay Power one.

I notice someone must have had a word as they've changed the jingle from "The power to pay your way" to "The power to take control of your electricity." Which would suggest that, when you're in major debt, knocking a few quid off your electricity bill is a mere drop in the ocean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

That horrible breathy Encona one.

Ugh, it totally makes my teeth itch. I actually like the sauces but it makes me NOT want to buy any purely because of how incredibly irritating the advert is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Pi.ss off Mario Rosenstock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

The stupid waggon that can't distinguish a stone from a diamond ring in a ring box. ffs, lad, you're well shut of her...always change the channel when that comes on.

and the one with the cheerleading mother praising the cheerleading son at the football match. What's it for????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Supervalu ad with that annoying woman and her yellow coat. I refuse to go to Supervalu until she's gone from TV.

UPC Horizon. I hope that woman in the bath drops her tablet into it. Silly bint. The makers of extraordinary **** ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Also that Turkish Airlines ad with Messi and that other guy in it, not sure who he is.

Kobe Bryant. :)

272D3E395290A8EE349B5F

The Freepay Power one.

I notice someone must have had a word as they've changed the jingle from "The power to pay your way" to "The power to take control of your electricity."

"The power to take control" doesn't sound right, somehow... :o

tampopo wrote: »
    The stupid waggon that can't distinguish a stone from a diamond ring in a ring box. ffs, lad, you're well shut of her...always change the channel when that comes on.

And it's been going a while now.

I'm going to dig up another advert from several years back:

Did the makers forget that it was supposed to be for bottled water until the very last minute? Because for the first 20 seconds or so, it really could be for anything...

Regardless, it's probably fair to say that Evian's dancing babies have about a million times more charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Jimmy444

Is that long lanky bloke with the beard and the oversized head the only actor doing ads these days? He seems to be everywhere - insurance, chocolate, even turns up on Boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

youtube! wrote: »
    There is an ad on rte right now for saving money on life insurance or mortgage protection , it could be 123.ie or hello.ie or whoever cant be sure but anyway....

It features a Father on front of a dark mirror in a black suit talking dourly about "if" one of the couple should die the mortgage will be paid off etc etc..

He is just about to put a black tie on when his missus comes up behind him offering him a nice gold tie telling him "were not going to a funeral"..... now the old git turns around to see his smiling daughter in her wedding dress!!

Does he have dementia?? Isn't he aware that his daughter is actually getting married like TODAY! and WTF is he doing in a black suit with a black tie anyway?
    It's suppose to be a joyous occasion you miserable old bugger!!

Rant over but ad makes no sense!

The daughter creeps me out in that ad. The state of her! Those scrunched up eyes, insane grin Jack Nicholson's Joker would be proud of and the absolutely enormous teeth. Nevermind eating an apple through a letterbox, she's manage it through the eye of a needle. She looks like like the Chatterer Cenobite from Hellraiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The McDonalds ad with people eating Ginger/Honey/Wasabi etc. in slow motion.

Then "Taste is a powerful thing".. With some guy that looks like the guy that sings you're beautiful..

That is the most UN-appetising thing ever. Slow motion of a guy eating a burger. :( WTF?

The McDonalds ad with people eating Ginger/Honey/Wasabi etc. in slow motion.

Then "Taste is a powerful thing".. With some guy that looks like the guy that sings you're beautiful..

That is the most UN-appetising thing ever. Slow motion of a guy eating a burger. :( WTF?

I think its an ironic ad??? Don't like your tastebuds, they try a McDonalds, you won't taste a thing.

Why is the Honey person giving a strange face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The 3 ad with the smug geeky hipster couple. "sometimes all you need is three little words"... Yeah; go f##k yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement