Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The stupid Muller family dancing like idiots.

The FBD one with the dried up, menopausal yoke with the dentures.

Long gone now but there was a newpaper radio ad a few years ago with really annoying "serious" music in the background while some omninous dude read out the features and headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Allyall wrote: »
    The Visit Wales advert with Cerys Matthews singing her version of a Welsh Lullaby.. I hate it.

It grinds on me every single time it comes on. Apologies to any Welsh People out there, but I cannot stand it.

Same here, I never thought I could describe a song as ugly-sounding, but then again I never thought anyone could try to make a song in Welsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

God I hate that Sky broadband ad with Bruce Willis and that dopey looking bint who fancies him making that stupid face in slow motion at the end.
    The new one with Samuel L Jackson is worse, looks like it was shot in one take and is heading towards being the worst ad of all time. The script writer will need a shield if I ever get hold of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Trivago ad with one of those whiny wimpy songs that don't suit the ad at all.

Ulster Bank's "southerised" version of an ad with a usual D4 kid doing it. What gets me is him "blah blah Granny and Granddad's hoooose....so we got our own hoooose".

Up your Bingo not your bongo??? "You sayin' i'm fah?".

Also, slightly differently, but I hate this new ad for yet ANOTHER loan shark company....called "AMIGO". Amigo? for a loan shark company? despicable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Visit Wales advert with Cerys Matthews singing her version of a Welsh Lullaby.. I hate it.

It grinds on me every single time it comes on. Apologies to any Welsh People out there, but I cannot stand it.

So that's what it is! Doing my head in too, sorry Welsh people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

KungPao wrote: »
    Also, slightly differently, but I hate this new ad for yet ANOTHER loan shark company....called "AMIGO". Amigo? for a loan shark company? despicable really.

Yes, because you see you get your friend to guarantee your loan. Now wasn't that a clever choice of name!

...Only after the banks have declined you numerous times because of those "pesky" credit scores... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The 9.99 train, the 9.99 train... SHUT UP!

Chill Insurance, I don't think I could deal with them after seeing their ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Horizon bundle from UPC:
    "the extrAWdinary world of Horizon for the extrAWdinary price of..."

&

*sigh*
    Beard-face is back going on about fecking eggs again.
    "a fffeast of fffamily fffavourites"

fffffvckoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Horizon bundle from UPC:
    "the extrAWdinary world of Horizon for the extrAWdinary price of..."

&

*sigh*
    Beard-face is back going on about fecking eggs again.
    "a fffeast of fffamily fffavourites"

fffffvckoff!

Fffritadas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Coca Cola Zero - Just add zero advert

My whole beef with this advert is very pedantic.
    If you add zero to something, it doesn't change it in anyway.
    If you add A zero to something, it could make it bigger (depending on where the zero is placed).

"add zero to a party of 100, and it becomes a festival of 1000" No it fvcking doesn't.

Add zero to the amount of fvcks i give about your product, and you still end up at zero.

Coca Cola Zero - Just add zero advert

My whole beef with this advert is very pedantic.
    If you add zero to something, it doesn't change it in anyway.
    If you add A zero to something, it could make it bigger (depending on where the zero is placed).

"add zero to a party of 100, and it becomes a festival of 1000" No it fvcking doesn't.

Add zero to the amount of fvcks i give about your product, and you still end up at zero.
    Ex-****ing-actly. Add zero is not the same as "multiply by ten". And coke zero its rotten as well, and they have a long history of **** ads. "girlfriends, without five year plans".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ex-****ing-actly. Add zero is not the same as "multiply by ten". And coke zero its rotten as well, and they have a long history of **** ads. "girlfriends, without five year plans".

I was reading this going, "exa-fuucking actly...no no...exfuucking-actly..noo..." my head hurts :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"GEORGE CLOONEY'S INSIDE"

:mad:

A million fuck offs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The Ford advert with the nagging horrible girlfriend I'd have sent a text to her for the car to say STFU and stop nagging me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

"BYYYYE!!"

"Im BAAAACK!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Sightsavers.ie advert, have to change the bloody channel every time that kid with red eyes comes on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the old man going to the races that he hasn't missed for 66 years. i'm still not sure what he's advertising. but it's annoying

and jaysus almighty there are annoying adverts on youtube at the moment :mad::mad::mad: 5 seconds of torture before i can skip the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

That Coors Light beer advert in the cabin.
    Every time we go to the in-laws for footie on the TV it is on like every 15 minutes. It was funny the first time.

Was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the old man going to the races that he hasn't missed for 66 years. i'm still not sure what he's advertising. but it's annoying

and jaysus almighty there are annoying adverts on youtube at the moment :mad::mad::mad: 5 seconds of torture before i can skip the damn thing.

Use Adblockplus

• Advertisement

What do ye think is the absolute worst add on right now? For me it's no contest: the Tesco mobile ad with the woman conducting an orchestra and acting like a martyr over having to do the most routine, everyday perfectly simple ****.

I mean, I already hate any ad that patronizes "mums" with this nonsense. But apart from this one having the most smug look on her face (oh she's managing, because of course she's a conductor, geddit?) and the annoying music and the obligatory stupid man with his flippin buggy (typical, eh? Tsch!) and all the other fuxkwipes in the ad, the worst thing is: what the **** does ANY of that have to do with what mobile network you have? Normally that sort of "mums are great" **** is saved for things like baby formula. But this is such a by the numbers pain in the taint of an ad, it actually could just be for any product AT ALL that's currently on the market.

I wish pain and suffering on everyone involved in that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

sunbabe08 wrote: »

It's vodafone advertising their extended 4G coverage... Extended by 2 counties... All of them major cities... YAAAAAAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

The F**king Haribo advert, where they are all sitting around a conference room table making stupid faces whilst lip-syncing to a kids voice.

It would probably be better if they did it as adults, without the stupid faces. I never saw a child gurning like that while they talk.

I hate them all. I refuse to buy haribo because of those Ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

A worthwhile cause I know but...

That charity one where they patronise the feck out of you by talking to you like you're only five years old.

What she needs, is the only thing that can cure her hunger. It's called FOOD.

Really? Well, I never thought of that actually working. Here's my bank account details as I wish to fund this breakthrough research of yours. The world must know about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

What do ye think is the absolute worst add on right now? For me it's no contest: the Tesco mobile ad with the woman conducting an orchestra and acting like a martyr over having to do the most routine, everyday perfectly simple ****.

I mean, I already hate any ad that patronizes "mums" with this nonsense. But apart from this one having the most smug look on her face (oh she's managing, because of course she's a conductor, geddit?) and the annoying music and the obligatory stupid man with his flippin buggy (typical, eh? Tsch!) and all the other fuxkwipes in the ad, the worst thing is: what the **** does ANY of that have to do with what mobile network you have? Normally that sort of "mums are great" **** is saved for things like baby formula. But this is such a by the numbers pain in the taint of an ad, it actually could just be for any product AT ALL that's currently on the market.

I wish pain and suffering on everyone involved in that ad.

I actually watched this properly for the first time the other day and I remember thinking;

*Kids want to keep a puppy? How often does this happen in real life? I found a dog once in my entire childhood and I would say this is average. Not a real thing that stresses 'mums' out.

*Why does the husband need to fold a buggy? Their children are well into the walking phase, also would he have not learned this when their older kids were small?

*"Will you miiiiiiind my kids til 2?" Mildly stressful but sure, you don't even have to make them dinner, bung 'em some sandwiches and yoghurts and job done.

* A week with the inlaws. Yeah I can't bitch about that. That would be legitimately awful.

Prof Ivytwine's Conclusion: This ad is bull and again is playing into the mum nonsense.

I'm not saying being a stay at home parent is not at times stressful, but it's not martyrdom either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

UPC lady is back with her "modern family"

What?

Wha!?!?!?!

Yes, those ads give me the creeps, and certainly wouldn't encourage me to buy the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, those ads give me the creeps, and certainly wouldn't encourage me to buy the product.

I am still shocked that there are more than one.. :eek:

(THANKFULLY I HAVEN'T SEEN THE OTHERS)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Mc Donalds ad with the people pulling stupid faces in slow mode and that crappy music. Not only is it annoying but I find it so cringe worthy that anytime it comes on I immediately have to switch the channel.

Ohh and that Up Your Bingo Ad .... jesus christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I ham a Brady's ham. Ham ham I ham ham. I ham ham ham.....

Stupid bloody ad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement