Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ollaetta wrote: »
    One I hated first time round is back again. That Lotto ad with all the goons abandoning their jobs to join that pr*ck on a plane to the Bahamas.
    Can't stand it. :mad:

+1

He'll burn through his winnings fairly smartly if he's spending them on hangers-on and freeloaders in that manner.

And then where will all his "friends" be? Will they return the favour? Ha! :D

If it were me, I wouldn't be telling a soul!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,041 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Forgive him. He's an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Forgive him. He's an idiot.

Yeah, I know I was ****ing on about masculinity earlier on this thread, but that guy needs to get his balls back out of his purse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hireland, or whatever it is called, makes me want to kick something, preferably the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

ollaetta wrote: »
    One I hated first time round is back again. That Lotto ad with all the goons abandoning their jobs to join that pr*ck on a plane to the Bahamas.
    Can't stand it. :mad:

And let's not forget the choir singing Madonna's "Holiday". :rolleyes:

The folks at the National Lottery have put this ad on YouTube - and at the time of this post, it's received 19 likes and just two dislikes...

rage-guy.png13904188884396.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That patronizing *** who goes on about 'this is x, he always gives extra, that's why we want to give him extra blah blah blah.' He's giving extra ok, but you are not doing anything for him, just selling him a mortgage same as every other customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I've just seen three in a row that I detest

1) Michael Bolton serenading the fruit that makes Starburst sooo juicy
    2) KFC man time
    3) The medieval hunter who eats the Kelloggs nut cornflakes

Every one of them an insult to our intelligence on every level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Donal

Imagine listening to that wan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Is there a more unlikeable character in an ad in recent years than that "Emma" guy?He just goes beyond annoying and into the realms of creepy.I can well imagine him as a Larry Murphy type predator who leads a double life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,950 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There are so few tv ads that are clever or memorable, they're either bland or annoying now. The insurance companies in particular seem to have the most irritating ads going for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

darkdubh wrote: »
    Is there a more unlikeable character in an ad in recent years than that "Emma" guy?He just goes beyond annoying and into the realms of creepy.I can well imagine him as a Larry Murphy type predator who leads a double life.
    Look at the post above yours.

Stick the two of them in a box and shoot it far into the sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

That kfc ad with those two brats ignoring their father really grinds my gears.

Nasty ad for a nasty food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

ivytwine wrote: »
    That kfc ad with those two brats ignoring their father really grinds my gears.

Nasty ad for a nasty food.

Whenever I see an ad for KFC I'm reminded of an episode of South Park where Cartman eats the skin off it & gets the sh1ts. Pretty accurate I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

syklops wrote: »
    AIG. The feckin eejit who is so excited about AIGs new ad. In his dressing gown. Why is he so excited about car insurance, he doesnt look like he has a car, sat at home in his dressing room in the middle of the day.

Not to mention the one where he interrups the photo session...

That mug he carries around must be topped-up with AIG kool-aid all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

darkdubh wrote: »

I love how a 30sec advert can spark peoples imaginations!
    You're probably right about him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭anewme

As someone said above..........this makes me want to kill someone.......

Hireland me hole!!!!!

EVIL EVIL EVIL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That god-awful right on, pc ad about "let's play in the park today". So obviously about Northern Ireland, the carefully coloured clothing, the names, the playthings they use. If I lived in that part of the world I would find it not just annoying but so patronising.

McDonalds "real man food", yeah, right. Bring back the Yorkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Seasan wrote: »
    Who the hell is doing the voice over for the new Dairygold ad??

Whoever it is,I wish he'd open his gob fully and unclench his teeth while he's talking!
    Seen that ad again-and tis gone to the stage when I have to kill the volume on the tv any time that ad comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

madmaggie wrote: »
    That god-awful right on, pc ad about "let's play in the park today". So obviously about Northern Ireland, the carefully coloured clothing, the names, the playthings they use. If I lived in that part of the world I would find it not just annoying but so patronising.

McDonalds "real man food", yeah, right. Bring back the Yorkies.

I agree about the norhie add, we went to the playground saw some other kids who's parents believe in a marginally different religion to us and manged not to kill each other how fantastic. Its embarrassingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭squonk

That Hyundai ad with the Chemical Brothers/Noel Gallagher track. It's the one where loads of dispirate items, like a frog, fly though the air and meld together to produce the Hyundai. The ad isn't marvellous but the music is absolute overkill. I love the tune but it's loud, in your face and screecfhy and there's a time and a place for that but not when I'm sitting down to watch a bit of telly of an e3vening. It just seems to stand out from every other ad for being particularly sonically annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Nothing says Korean eco-box motoring like a pounding big-beat dance track from the 90's.

Ordinary ad, hopelessly undermined by a terrible choice in music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Also, that Electric Ireland 'house party' ad is starting to get on my ta-tas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Digital Hearing ad, cant decide if he looks like Captain Nemo or Captain Birds Eye

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That Innocent smoothies ad showing the benifits to African farmers when you buy their product is such a shameless rip off of a similar Ben And Cherry ice cream ad from about 7 or 8 years ago that I'm surprised they don't sue them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The POSITIVE IN YOUR FACE ad for Neurofen with the positive tune. I'd rather SHOUTED AT as symptom relief rather than take Neurofen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

The one where some woman prattles on for what feels like 10 minutes about her melasma!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

sopretty wrote: »
    The one where some woman prattles on for what feels like 10 minutes about her melasma!
    Think you mean this one
    https://www.sheercover.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

I swear, if I hear your ones voice from that Secret Escapes ad again, Ill put a suitcase through my TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Think you mean this one
    https://www.sheercover.ie/

Oh jaysus - don't remind me. She hasn't been on all day lol.

There's another one that annoys me too. BOD's wife (can't remember her name) setting the table. 'I suppose to me that setting the table is a sort of ritual'. Like, WTF??

Where I come from, as a child, you were given a clout on the ear and told to 'put them plates on the table - da dinner is ready - hurry up and stop dawdling!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

sopretty wrote: »
    Oh jaysus - don't remind me. She hasn't been on all day lol.

There's another one that annoys me too. BOD's wife (can't remember her name) setting the table. 'I suppose to me that setting the table is a sort of ritual'. Like, WTF??

Where I come from, as a child, you were given a clout on the ear and told to 'put them plates on the table - da dinner is ready - hurry up and stop dawdling!'

The fake laugh she does in that ad makes me want to take one of her silver knives and jam it in her eye

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement