Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaching for Glory Documentary - Watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Interesting documentary.

The amout of swearing was terrible though. To see the captain and coach of a national team use such obscene language as a means of preparing for a big game made them look look very limited motivators and leaders indeed.
    And the speeches seemed pitched at a very low intellect and were something you would have thought last had a positive impact in the dark ages. I doubt they are all dim enough to be thinking anything other than 'will he ever shut up with that brainless nonsense'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

daveirl wrote:
    LOL :D

Obviously never played rugby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Sandwich wrote:
    Interesting documentary.

The amout of swearing was terrible though. To see the captain and coach of a national team use such obscene language as a means of preparing for a big game made them look look very limited motivators and leaders indeed.
    And the speeches seemed pitched at a very low intellect and were something you would have thought last had a positive impact in the dark ages. I doubt they are all dim enough to be thinking anything other than 'will he ever shut up with that brainless nonsense'.

My athletics coach used to shout at me like that during races lol.. It motivated me and shocked most of the other people around the track.

Welcome to sport.. motivation is a game in itself and the result of the England match showed that Eddie O'Sullivan is a great motivator.

Have you ever been on a team in a dressing room before a big match? Nobody is being nice to anybody.. Thats life.. Life isnt a fluffy cuddly well spoken place! Not when rugby is involved anyway.

Even the French lads around here will tell ya..

They shout "Get le feckers!!!" in the dressing room. They really are a nasty bit of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Ive heard worse language in a JCT dressing room in all fairness. Few F bombs is nothing.

Trotter wrote:
    Even the French lads around here will tell ya..

They shout "Get le feckers!!!" in the dressing room. They really are a nasty bit of business.
    LOL Trotter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

LOL Trotter! :D

I only speak the truth. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Go to the Today FM web site and download the POC Reaching for Glory Gift Grub....excellent! :D

Any one heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Go to the Today FM web site and download the POC Reaching for Glory Gift Grub....excellent! :D

Any one heard?
    ahem...check post 60!;)

RuggieBear wrote:
    ahem...check post 60!;)

Banned for smugness!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

hehe
    /snigger

RuggieBear wrote:
    ahem...check post 60!;)
    OWNED! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Got the DVD and watched it last night, well worth it.

RoG is a bit of an arrogant bloke, he shafted Murphy about the missed tackle, ironic.

zabbo wrote:
    Got the DVD and watched it last night, well worth it.

RoG is a bit of an arrogant bloke, he shafted Murphy about the missed tackle, ironic.

Was there more to that particular point on the DVD?
    On telly he certainly was hard on it, did not refer to him by name and was very critical....that from revolving door ROG....

I have a load of photos of him on hols recently buckled off his face as usual while strings and DOC are looking normal....I should stick them up HIlarious.
    I respect his privacy too much however so I wont, sure you have seen them any way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

No extra's on that point, but I missed the Docu on TV, the dvd has about 10mins deleted scenes, and all the AI + 6N tries from every angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Worrytahs

Sandwich wrote:

What did you think they say to each other before or during a game in the first place? This is professional international sport. They have to psyche themselves to get the most out of themselves and the rest of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

lol @ Sandwich! I played under 14 girls football where we were cursed at more than that!

Just watched it there, thought it was very good.

Almost cried again when they showed the French match "highlights".

ROG really doesn't endear himself to me, I can't believe he'd make such a thing out of the missed tackle in a documentary like that, whatever about in private, people in glass houses and all that.

The puking sounds kept in during the England game build up were gross, but I think they really added to the atmosphere. Really showed how much they were hyped up for it.

Also, to all the muppets who laughed at Brian O'Driscoll's glasses during the 6 Nations, POC's were worse!