Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaching for Glory Documentary - Watch it!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

"forget about their purple patch , lets put up a score here" classic

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Thought it was interesting but nothing too spectacular. Pretty standard follow the season sports documentary. Match scenes, cut to players watching the match scenes (exactly like the Irelands greatest players DVD), cut to very short behind the scene clips.

Some interesting clips:
    1. E O'S in the scratcher on the phone to Morning Ireland
    2. ROG and D'arcy talking about O'Driscolls extra KGs.
    2. Hickie really fired up for the Italy game on and off field - guess he was seeing this as one of his last opportunities.
    3. O'Driscoll - I'd like to think he isn't but he always comes across as a little smug. I think he's just not that sure of himself on camera. And his team talks were a little forced. O'Connell wins hands down on the motivation front.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

no, no, after you Ibanez.

O'Gara didn't pull any punches on that. Well, as EOS said at the end the motivation is there for September. A great documentary altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

You lads don't stand a chance come September! France to win the group. Argentina second.*

*How many people hate me right now? Come on, say it! Arrogant, cheese-eating surrender monkey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yeah i get the impression that Ronan and Geordan might not be the best of pals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

You lads don't stand a chance come September! France to win the group. Argentina second.*

*How many people hate me right now? Come on, say it! Arrogant, cheese-eating surrender monkey...

hehe.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

no, no, after you Ibanez.

O'Gara didn't pull any punches on that. Well, as EOS said at the end the motivation is there for September. A great documentary altogether.

They showed the Ibanez try so many times. It has to be the softest try that Ireland have conceded under EOS.

The second softest was the try scored at the end of the French match.

I think it is great that O'Gara didn't pull any punches when he said that it was unacceptable, if someone is at fault for something they should be told.

That is the reason why Geordan Murphy is not in the first 15...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

giddyup wrote:
    3. O'Driscoll - I'd like to think he isn't but he always comes across as a little smug. I think he's just not that sure of himself on camera. And his team talks were a little forced. O'Connell wins hands down on the motivation front.

From what i could see from it, O'Driscoll does the sensible team talk, gets the guys heads in the right place, gets them thinking about the game and all that goes with it etc,etc and them O'Connell gets them fired up and gets the aggression going. Looks like a perfect balance to be honest. I wouldnt say BOD is smug either thats just the way he is. It may appear that way to the public but not to the players who know and respect him because if hes was being smug etc theres no way he would he would be captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I'm glad I'm on somebody's list at last! :D

PM sent!

Damn.. No frog should see this!!!!

O'Connell's gonna eat ye up for breakfast. Grrr.

Here's a question that was asked at the premier in Limerick...

What the Fk was the camera man doin in Eddie's room all night? lol
    Eddie said it was the result of a lock in. Who knows! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Anyone rremeber Trimble as leep on another players shoulder on the fishing trip?

:) Bless the little boy

• Advertisement

i liked when Donncha said "theyre gonna cite me for standin on Leamys face"!!

Also when he asked who sits in that chair in Lansdowne Road. Ive often wondered that myself!!!

As a guy who trains boxing I had to laugh at the sloppy wild boxing technique for Donncha, Paulie and Leamy!!!

Overall it was vry good but I agree with most of the posters her in that it should have shown more behind the scenes stuff. The only clip that I agreed with giving air time to was the players reaction to Clercs try.

Anyone rremeber Trimble as leep on another players shoulder on the fishing trip?

:) Bless the little boy
    I was trying to figure out who that was alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Will he not play in the WC?
    Perhaps and maybe one more 6 nations bt hes had a serious injury before and knows that u cant take these things for granted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Great great programme.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Will he not play in the WC?

Not play in the WC??!!:eek:

he had a storming 6N when after gettign his place back and after being cut down in his prime early last WC I expect big things from him. Its deffo his last cut at a WC !

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Anyone hear this mornings Today FM podcast inspired by the documentary?
    A day in the life of POC, good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Just to go a bit OT here, but does anyone know the song that was playing during the part where they lost the French match? Slow, female singer?

I've heard it in some other programme and it's wrecking my head now.

Back OT, enjoyed this docu. Great to see what goes on behind the scenes. Gave a great insight into how the players feel about their game, which you don't get to see on TV or at the match.

Bet the girls were all disappointed to see BOD's lad blurred out on the plane. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Wow, how come all you peeps have never PM'd me before :(:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

I think we have not just the potential to beat France, but embarress them barring injuries, and give them a nice quarter final against new zealand in cardiff! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I think we have not just the potential to beat France, but embarress them barring injuries, and give them a nice quarter final against new zealand in cardiff! :)
    Keep dreaming iwincosimcool! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no more wink wink....where can i get it posts? I will ban if is see anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Hmm, O'Gara discussing missed tackles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Tyrone Boy

daveirl wrote:

Or last year when Luke McAllister ran over the top of him :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

He has come up a bit since then.
    No2 OutHalf in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

jank wrote:
    He has come up a bit since then.
    No2 OutHalf in the world
    and i thought kiwis were one eyed

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

http://audio.todayfm.com/audio/Gift_pauloc.mp3

Slightly related. quite good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

RuggieBear wrote:
    and i thought kiwis were one eyed
    They got nuthin' on Corkonians (;) for the humour impaired)

Advertisement