Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaching for Glory Documentary - Watch it!

Options
  • 25-05-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just a quick reminder to everyone to set their recorders for Monday night.. I was lucky enough to attend the premier of the Reaching for Glory documentary in Limerick last week and it is nothing short of brilliant.

Can anyone tell me if the DVD has gone on sale yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

Lucky you. Is it just 1hr or longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bogzilla

Cant wait.

I've seen all the preview clips on YouTube and it does look fantastic.

I am biased though as I love rugby. You really get the see what these guys put in behind closed doors to play at that level.

Munster & Ireland abu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Yup mem in my phone for it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sky+'d

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

ad on telly looks great cant wait, looking forward to seeing the leadership side of O'Driscoll a bit more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

matdabomb wrote:
    Lucky you. Is it just 1hr or longer?

Its just over 1 hr!
    crybaby wrote:
    ad on telly looks great cant wait, looking forward to seeing the leadership side of O'Driscoll a bit more

You actually see something that you wont expect.. basically the captaincy works as a combination of O'Driscoll's careful almost quiet considered motivation, and O'Connell's bellowing, hair on the back of your neck, motivation.

The captaincy is a brilliant mixture of these two. I only realised this after the documentary. Really they share it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

The DVD went on sale today. I got it in work yesterday and watched it last night, absolutely fantastic stuff. Only bad point is that it is so short!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Monday 9:30PM is it? Hope I don't forget...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This is on tomorrow night, looks good.

I'm going to miss half it so ordered the DVD from HMV for about 16 euro or so (inc shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I watched it over the weekend, and immensely enjoyed parts of it. The camaraderie between the players is fantastic. However, I felt that the documentary spent far too long replaying scenes from matches, which we all have watched already, instead of showing us behind the scenes stuff.

The bits of behind the scenes stuff we did see was great and I would have loved to have seen far more of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Are there any worthwhile extras on the DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Are there any worthwhile extras on the DVD?

i wonder does it show the supposed scrap between best and easterby, if it did , that would be more than worth the 20 euros ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

God... I had already forgot about this...

I bet you I'll forget again before tonight! Just watch! :rolleyes:

Bump, it's on tonight at 9.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

**** sake the one time I really want to watch something on TV, and the TV in my apartment in college has disappeared. Does anyone know if it will be streamed on rte.ie? Can't find anything on the site saying it will be

Funkstard wrote:
    **** sake the one time I really want to watch something on TV, and the TV in my apartment in college has disappeared. Does anyone know if it will be streamed on rte.ie? Can't find anything on the site saying it will be

hah ha :D class, thats sooo student! have you checked in the upstairs wardrobes?

Thats where we had to hide ours when we had no TV licence, under the spare duvets!:)

It won't be streamed on rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,792 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. was recording it for my bro in Portugal and recording quit out after 20 minutes.

Pissed off now.. and he'll be less than happy.

Anyone record it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Only saw the last 15 minutes :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

basquille wrote:
    Balls.. was recording it for my bro in Portugal and recording quit out after 20 minutes.

Pissed off now.. and he'll be less than happy.

Anyone record it?

Buy it on dvd.....it's only 20 euro ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

incredible documentary, just incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Eddie's teamtalk in the huddle before the England match had the hair standing up on the back of my neck!

It was a privilage to watch it for the first time last week in Limerick with Eddie on one side and the Claw feeding himself cocktail sausages on the other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It was awesome!
    Fascinating insight into what goes on behind closed doors. How could George Hook ever question players like Brian O'Driscoll's motivation for playing rugby(He implied it was the money :mad: ). These guys give it everything!

I recorded it but the file comes to around 1.2gb and havent got any video editing software to edit it accordingly, I presume it illegal to share it anyway cos its copyrighted material?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It was great though I wish it had been longer. O'Sullivan curses like a docker which I thought was funny him being from Youghal and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

hah ha :D class, thats sooo student! have you checked in the upstairs wardrobes?

Thats where we had to hide ours when we had no TV licence, under the spare duvets!:)

No it's actually ridiculous, everyone else has moved out apart from me yet the TV managed to disappear, the one time I want to watch something!

I missed it anyway, and shall be prompt in purchasing the DVD upon my return to home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

i wonder who that was barfing before the English game !

Paul O'Connell , Neil Best , BOD, Darcey , O'Gara, Carney , Leamy maybe a world Cup final is actually on ! i feal positive tonight we'll do France and Argentina . Both O'Connel and O'Driscoll sure know how to motivate . Even the training sessions looked competetive, to say the least.

The hurt on all the guys as they re - watched the end of the French game- wow such motivation to kill the Frence in THEIR home this time.

After the French game did anyone see BOD standing in his suit behind a wall, seemingly away from the dreesing area he looked like he was seething and waiting for the cameras to go away to cut loose on them!
    Then against England he called for the best game ever in the dressing room, and he got it, they owed him.

During Italy game too Hickie got a lot of credit for making that happen it was very interesting to see him prior up and motivating it, it does display how many guys are there that can pick the team and lead the rest.

POC is scary:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

POC: "If ya see someone walkin - ya f***in tell them there walkin - If ya see me walkin Id better hear about it"

POC half time at the England match: "Look at us lads not one of us is tired, I dont even feel like ive played yet"

Would have liked if this was a bit longer and would have liked to have seen interviews with Flannery and Hayes about the tears before the England match. But a really enjoyable watch. While O'Connell seems a slightly better motivator the team clearly has a massive amount of respect for O'Driscoll. It is a huge advantage to us having these 2 in the dressing room.

Advertisement