Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

that kadett sr is absolutely lovely in standard trim, spotted it in longford a few months ago, they only recently moved it out there where you can see it from the road, theres a citroen bx gti in that yard aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    In all fairness its in better nick than some of the "Drift Spec" ones you see out on the roads :pac:

How? The mind boggles.....

chip on someone's shoulder?

Anyway i can't remember if i ever posted this before? Was talking to panhardPL about it recently

DSC06051.jpg

DSC06052.jpg

DSC06057.jpg

DSC06053.jpg

DSC06054.jpg

oh and this too since i'm posting nasty old trucks
    DSC06083.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

is that as unimog? or an equiv?

Such a shame to see it rot.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    is that as unimog? or an equiv?

Such a shame to see it rot.

Yes it's a very old unimog. It's very cool but it's pretty rotten and has been sitting there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Good find Conrad. That could be an ex-ESB one. It looks like a 416 with the OM352 motor, probably the best combination of them all, no electronics and very strong chassis, engine, and mechanics. It deserves to be saved. :(

The cab may be rotten but is the chassis gone as well? It might still be salvageable or good for parts. Whereabouts is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

That Unimog is lovely. Always liked those yokes. That one doesn't look too far gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

That 'mog should be taken out of there. Great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

I thought this Opel Kadett was a GTE at first but its a SR. Had only seen Vauxhall Astra and Nova SR's before but this has an original Irish reg.

DSCF0086.jpg

Dunno if you could call these BMW's classics yet

DSCF0082.jpg

Cant believe it two 1994 BMW's just left there, I know 94 is old but in some countries like New Zealand these would be still in use and go on for at least another 10 yrs, I know I'm getting old when I see cars like this left lying about but it seems we in Ireland have a certain snobbery attached to old cars now and even driving a 2000 car seems embarrassing to some which is nonsense. I love the green BMW, seems to be in the best nick, as you can see the BMW badges are gone, its the same for any abandoned/crashed Beemer Ive seen, the signs are always swiped. That Opel is class to, at least save the wheels if the body's screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

japcars wrote: »
    Cant believe it two 1994 BMW's just left there, I know 94 is old but in some countries like New Zealand these would be still in use and go on for at least another 10 yrs, I know I'm getting old when I see cars like this left lying about but it seems we in Ireland have a certain snobbery attached to old cars now and even driving a 2000 car seems embarrassing to some which is nonsense. I love the green BMW, seems to be in the best nick, as you can see the BMW badges are gone, its the same for any abandoned/crashed Beemer Ive seen, the signs are always swiped. That Opel is class to, at least save the wheels if the body's screwed.
    I agree, but there must be something totally wrong with them... otherwise they'd be on the road IMO.

Where are those 5ers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I agree, but there must be something totally wrong with them... otherwise they'd be on the road IMO.

Where are those 5ers?

Like what?
    Ive never come across a car that cant be repaired.
    The only thing wrong with those beemers is they cant find anyone with the combined skills and sympathy to repair them.
    They are just two more victims of 'cargo cult ireland'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

hi5 wrote: »
    Like what?
    Ive never come across a car that cant be repaired.
    The only thing wrong with those beemers is they cant find anyone with the combined skills and sympathy to repair them.
    They are just two more victims of 'cargo cult ireland'
    Well, I think the grey one may be wrecked. Just by the look of the doors the car appears that it may have frame damage. You can't see the front, so it's very difficult to make a bold assertion either way.

The green looks solid.

You'll notice I did ask where they are, because if they're just sitting there going to waste I'd take one home in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I'd say between the two of them and a bit of scouring around the scrap yards you could come away with the makings of a nice car:)

Having said that, I was in a scrap yard the other day looking for a mercedes jack.There was about 10 mercedes there and all of them had the jacks missing,why? because the jacks are made from aluminium and premium prices are paid for scrap aluminium.
    So anyone needing alloy wheels for a future classic you may be out of luck:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

_Conrad_ wrote: »
    How? The mind boggles.....

chip on someone's shoulder?

Anyway i can't remember if i ever posted this before? Was talking to panhardPL about it recently

DSC06051.jpg

DSC06052.jpg

DSC06057.jpg

DSC06053.jpg

DSC06054.jpg

oh and this too since i'm posting nasty old trucks
    DSC06083.jpg

cool looking first ruck.

where did you spot that?was it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Where are those 5ers?

They are at the side of a garage in Co.Clare. The grey one looks like its being used for parts. Both are 525tds so the tax wont win them any friends. They are sitting there a year at least. Huge mileage and rust underneath is likely. At that age it might cost more to fix them than what they're worth. Better looking than the saloon i think

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Heres one for €500! Needs some work though.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2271971

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

They are at the side of a garage in Co.Clare. The grey one looks like its being used for parts. Both are 525tds so the tax wont win them any friends. They are sitting there a year at least. Huge mileage and rust underneath is likely. At that age it might cost more to fix them than what they're worth. Better looking than the saloon i think

The estates are savage especially in the maroon color

oflynno wrote: »
    cool looking first ruck.

where did you spot that?was it recently?

will just pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Tin Lizzy

2 More today,The photos of the manta are bout 4-5 years old and the BL yoke would of been photographed 2-3 years ago.
    (Sorry that the first 3 pics are fuzzy)

CopyofCopyofthomas063.jpg
    1. Rear view of the Manta GT/E

thomas067.jpg
    2. Front view...

thomas064.jpg
    3. A close up of the rot.

CRIM0040.jpg
    4. Old BL yoke that is laid up on a farm..

CRIM0041.jpg
    5. Yes,the only thing that is holding the to halfs together is...nothing really, they've rotted apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

tin you seem to specialize in posting really badly rusted yokes :)

dharn wrote: »
    tin you seem to specialize in posting really badly rusted yokes :)

Still got another 15-20 photos to post + 3 legendary barn finds that im not going to post,1 is a 1939 Hillman,second is a back yard with 6 cars from the late 50's to the late 70's and the other is barn full of cars,spares,NOS triumph stuff,tools,paint,bikes,etc. (Not gona post photos or the location of the last one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

AW GO ON DONT BE TEASING US !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

NOS Triumph stuff:eek:Think you need to tell Me more and stop Teasing;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Tin Lizzy wrote: »
    the BL yoke would of been photographed 2-3 years ago.

CRIM0040.jpg
    4. Old BL yoke that is laid up on a farm..

CRIM0041.jpg
    5. Yes,the only thing that is holding the to halfs together is...nothing really, they've rotted apart.

I take a guess thats an Austin Maestro.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

parts cars lol

That second one should just buff out... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

granadamad wrote: »
    parts cars lol

love the mk2 granada pre face lift.....there is just something about them...im a big ford fan anyway so im bias :D

No real classics today....

Thomas053.jpg
    1. 89' Golf.

Thomas041.jpg
    2. Suzuki bike

tom050.jpg
    3. Same tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Tin Lizzy I presume that motorbike met its death on the way to Ballyshannon:D

LoL,That photo must be 3-4 years old and she was in Bundoran at the time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

The golf looked in reasonable shape, although the panels in those were fairly sturdy by all accounts

Advertisement