Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roundabouts, am I missing something?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Stark wrote:
    I'd be careful. Often times the approach to roundabout collisions is to split the liability between the two parties.

True, not saying I would do anything crazy like not actively avoid a collision, of course I'm cautious with people on roundabout, but at least if an accident did happen I would be obeying the rules.

I know some people who have the attitude that if people don't follow the correct procedure regarding roundabouts, they won't either, which I think is pretty stupid.

Not saying you're wrong, cos insurance companies are pretty strange when it coming to putting the blame for an accident on someone, but you would think that if person A was obeying the rules on the roundabout, and person B wasn't and a collision occurred, that person B's insurance would have to cough up?

Although common sense is a pretty foreign thing when it comes to liability and insurance payouts in accidents. :rolleyes:

Yes, do be careful. There is a temptation to obey the rules perfectly alongside a twat who isn't but it is better to stay away from them and stay out of an accident. You might have to back off or divert to avoid them cutting your nose off but at the end of the day you'll get home safe.

Advertisement