Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

BaZmO* wrote: »
    :eek:

Your point being?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Your point being?
    You're offended by someone saying Jesus Christ or Oh My God?

You're offended by someone saying Jesus Christ or Oh My God?

Yes, most certainly on air. Everyday life? A personal choice and a different matter. Foley's show is tabloid trash of the worst kind.

Yes, most certainly on air. Everyday life? A personal choice and a different matter. Foley's show is tabloid trash of the worst kind.
    I think you'd probably be better off listening to Joe Duffy so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Foley's show is aimed at teenagers and those in their early twenties, isn't it? I can't listen to his silly show for more than five minutes without wanting to break my radio. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Foley's show is aimed at teenagers and those in their early twenties, isn't it? I can't listen to his silly show for more than five minutes without wanting to break my radio. :)
    And country folk. :D

Nah, it's juvenile radio. I just zone out once Foley is on. It's like listening to a load of students waffling on a bus.

And country folk. :D

Nah, it's juvenile radio. I just zone out once Foley is on. It's like listening to a load of students waffling on a bus.

Yes, he's big down the country but not so popular in Dublin. A bit like Supermacs and bacon and cabbage dinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LCruiser Kid

Ray D'arcy's show is not what it was. Don't listen to him anymore really. As for that other ****** Ray Foley, Can't stand him or his radio show. Talks too much about himself and just complete rubbish in general. Today Fm is not what it was. Not a great radio station anymore.

I do. The point I'm making is that when someone has to descend to this level of verbal diarrhea, well they're just not up to the job. For instance on the Ray D'Arcy show recentlt the word fcuk was used three times in rapid succession by co-presenter Will. It's tacky, and disrespectful to the listening audience.

Regarding the persisitent use of the JC on the radio, again it is disrespectful to many people who tune in. And all to appear hip and cool. Juvenile doesn't even cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

The painfully unfunny Maeve Higgins is back.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Ray and Jenny love the Daily Mail. Could this explain everything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Is a podcast of the complete show today available anywhere?

withless wrote: »
    Is a full podcast of today's show available anywhere?

There's a listen back function that includes the full show. It's available via the player: launch the media player and you'll find a link there.

Well then all of this begs the question??

If you had to, had to, listen to Today FM, would it be D'Arcy or Foley you'd be tuning in for??

Well then all of this begs the question??

If you had to, had to, listen to Today FM, would it be D'Arcy or Foley you'd be tuning in for??

I'd listen to the pained bleats of my own dying family rather than Foley :)

D'Arcy it is then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

LOL!!!! :D

God I hate that Foley tosser! He wrecks my day anytime I forget to switch over after D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Cant stand that foley muppet. like an immature little kid whos been let loose with a microphone and a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

It would be Foley for me. Used to like D'arcy, can't stand him now. He has a boring voice too guess that's suited to mid morning. Shame that's he turned into a grumpy old grouch, thought he was great on the Den.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

I think the darcy show is good, sometimes he starts rambling on about stuff but generally he show is upbeat and entertaining

Foley is alright, it gets annoying when he repeats a gag for the entire show, 1st or 2nd time it was funny, but it lost its appea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Anyone remember Ray saying he will leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes taoiseach. He even said it again on the saturday night show with Brendan o Connor.

Aer lingus have a sale on at the moment, maybe someone should tell him:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ray hates these scammers, i can see dead people my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why does he keep playing the fcuking Lakes of Ponchartrain:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Can we start a whiparound ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

No matter what anyone thinks of Ray D'arcy or his show, great credit must go to him and all at Today Fm for there Shave or Dye campaign.

They achieved there goal of breaking the amount of heads shaved in an hour this morning raising over 300 thousand for the Irish Cancer Society.
    Over 315 heads were shaved in an hour by 10 hairdressers which is a new Guinness World Record.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

No matter what anyone thinks of Ray D'arcy or his show, great credit must go to him and all at Today Fm for there Shave or Dye campaign.

They achieved there goal of breaking the amount of heads shaved in an hour this morning raising over 300 thousand for the Irish Cancer Society.
    Over 315 heads were shaved in an hour by 10 hairdressers which is a new Guinness World Record.

Very true Luckygent, an absolutely wonderful production today by D'Arcy and Co. I hope his knockers on here were listening. Wouldn't do ye any harm to follow his lead and do some charity work. Would be better use of ye're time than coming on here with ye're jealous and snide remarks.

Paracore wrote: »
    Very true Luckygent, an absolutely wonderful production today by D'Arcy and Co. I hope his knockers on here were listening. Wouldn't do ye any harm to follow his lead and do some charity work. Would be better use of ye're time than coming on here with ye're jealous and snide remarks.

I can only assume that you're associated with the D'arsey show in some way? :rolleyes:

I can only assume that you're associated with the D'arsey show in some way? :rolleyes:

One can only assume so. I, and many thousands more like me donate regularly to charity.....anonymously. As it should be. What do you want forhim? A medal? Does this make his show any better? I think not.

Interestingly, in the ads for Shave or Die, it says that only 1.60 goes from the 2 euro to the charity. And the text fee is separate!!
    That means if even 200,000 was raised on texts, someone made FORTY THOUSAND EURO from it. And it didn't go to the ICS.:eek:

Just where did it go precisely?:confused:

Wrong. I have actually never met the man in my life. I just appreciate good radio production. Perhaps you should focus the energy of your hatred towards Ray into some other area of your life, it mite actually improve it.

• Advertisement

One can only assume so. I, and many thousands more like me donate regularly to charity.....anonymously. As it should be. What do you want forhim? A medal? Does this make his show any better? I think not.

Interestingly, in the ads for Shave or Die, it says that only 1.60 goes from the 2 euro to the charity. And the text fee is separate!!
    That means if even 200,000 was raised on texts, someone made FORTY THOUSAND EURO from it. And it didn't go to the ICS.:eek:

Just where did it go precisely?:confused:

That 40c is VAT. If you're going to present an arguement at least get your facts right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement