Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Deedsie I see your on line there and posted in this thread previously.. Any chance of sharing the number with us? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Third number was 30

hellfish08 wrote: »
    Third number was 30

I love you Hellfish!

No probs Joey joe joe haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fenu

does anyone have the 3rd number from this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

Really need that third number.... Anyone???

Unlucky everyone, wish it was a good hard mathsy one, instead of just the first, turns out i didnt need that 3rd number after,so im going to have to retract that love hellfish! HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Todays episode was the first one I have fully enjoyed in a long time.Caroll Spinney was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

1st one 43

2nd is 24

hope a boardsie wins. Has anyone on here won anything before

• Advertisement

3rd is 8

4th is 6

someone else can get last 2 if they can i got breakfast time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is Ray running a comp this week to win a car. Thought I seen an ad on boards for it last night, but nothing on the today fm site and no mention from Ray yet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

irish-stew wrote: »
    Is Ray running a comp this week to win a car. Thought I seen an ad on boards for it last night, but nothing on the today fm site and no mention from Ray yet today.

Think it's Tom Dunne who's giving away an Alfa Romeo. I heard the ad on Newstalk.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

el diablo wrote: »
    Think it's Tom Dunne who's giving away an Alfa Romeo. I heard the ad on Newstalk.

True-heard it last week! Not 100% but think it might be a rolling competition so they ask a question every day and a final question on the friday and then you have to answer with all 5 answers!? Not sure though!
    If you look around i think theres a few alphas going-think they have one up for grabs on tthe facebook page too!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Ray is giving away 15,000 to spend on beepbeep.ie

i'd love it cant get through though for love nor money.

aliocroc wrote: »
    True-heard it last week! Not 100% but think it might be a rolling competition so they ask a question every day and a final question on the friday and then you have to answer with all 5 answers!? Not sure though!
    If you look around i think theres a few alphas going-think they have one up for grabs on tthe facebook page too!?

what FB page?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I was never a huge fan of D'Arcy on the radio - But I have to say, he's really been getting on my nerves lately - right from the first few minutes of his show every day when he's commenting on the latest political developments....with his very predictable, populist drivel...followed by that highly patronising and irratating deep breath that he uses to show us how idiotic everyobdy else is except him.....he even does this when reading out listeners' comments as if anyone who disagrees with his view is an idiot. It's driving me barmy!!!

Getting tired of Today FM overall - Getting closer and closer to making something else my normal radio setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

At least we have a date now for him leaving the country...February 25th.

Surely Ray wouldn't renege on his promise now....would he???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

He was incredibly obnoxious this morning, the sooner he emigrates the better, imo.

Wonder how he'll wriggle out of actually emigrating next month? Week long holiday maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I was never a huge fan of D'Arcy on the radio - But I have to say, he's really been getting on my nerves lately - right from the first few minutes of his show every day when he's commenting on the latest political developments....with his very predictable, populist drivel...followed by that highly patronising and irratating deep breath that he uses to show us how idiotic everyobdy else is except him.....he even does this when reading out listeners' comments as if anyone who disagrees with his view is an idiot. It's driving me barmy!!!

Getting tired of Today FM overall - Getting closer and closer to making something else my normal radio setting.

Must admit, he's winding me up too for this very reason too. in particular the deep breath thing!

He has started referring to the leaving the country thing. It's like he's planning to do a broadcast from another country or something unfunny like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Ray's monologue at the start of every show is grating on my nerves big time. Its the same moan about politics, bankers, elections, doom & gloom etc. I know these things are very relevant, but does he need to keep on about them every day? Its getting very boring. Ray needs to play more music and talk less. Either that or add a little more fun into the show. And I dont mean Ray foley, stupid kind of fun. Just anything but politics, doom and gloom and bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Laois_Man wrote: »

As a result of finally getting sick of Rays D'Arcy and Foley, I have pretty much made the jump, listening to Pat Kenny now and then Damien Kiberd. Still loyal to Matt Cooper though

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

telekon wrote: »
    At least we have a date now for him leaving the country...February 25th.

Surely Ray wouldn't renege on his promise now....would he???
    looking forward to feb 25 myself.number 1 fg = no more d arcy :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

i hate darcy so i dont listen to the self righteous patronising tw4t

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Used to really like the guy from the den, but over time he's just changed. Listened to his show yesterday, he's got a boring voice actually and always sounds patronising and he doesn't really acknowledge the texts. Get off the air ray. Don't know what you make of his breakfast show, but i find dempsey a lot more pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

dempsey hes a bit thick but a lot easier to listen to.

its a pity that the best rte can do as opposition to darcy is tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

dempsey hes a bit thick but a lot easier to listen to.

its a pity that the best rte can do as opposition to darcy is tubridy

That's exactly what I think. Dempsey is absolutely as thick as 2 planks, but he does seem like a nice guy. I know people who know him and they say he's really down to earth.

Reminds me of the time I saw him walking up the ramp from an underground carpark below me. I stood there staring at him thinking to myself 'where do I know that guy from'. He kept looking back at me - must've thought I was some weirdo. It wasn't til a couple of minutes later I clicked who it was. I didn't recognise him cos he'd gotten really fat with long hair. Haha

And yeah. The only reason I still listen to The Arsey is cos there's nobody else. Gave Tom Dunne a bit of a go when he joined Newstalk but he quickly turned ****e too. The Arsey wasn't always this bad. He just got a big head when he got DJ of the year or whatever award 3 years in a row. That's when the wallyness started and he became all self-important I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I dunno - i always liked Dempsey, because he's probably the least pretentious of the Today FM stable. Very easy on the ears.

But as for the rest:

Ray D'Arcy: used to love him, but he became so obsessed with himself it quickly became boring.

Ray Foley: Initially was a great show, but has descended into a 'how many swear words can we fit into two hours' competition. Personally, I find the repeated profaning of the Lord's name on the air to be very offensive.

Tony Fenton: one of the good guys. Another one very easy on the ear with a great selection of music. And not a swear word in sight.

Matt Cooper: I originally had so much admiration for this man. But he has fallen into the old trap of asking people a question and then roaring the next one at them before they've finished answering the first one. A pity really.
    It was interesting to see how subdued he was when interviewing John Gormley in the past fortnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Ray Foley: Initially was a great show, but has descended into a 'how many swear words can we fit into two hours' competition. Personally, I find the repeated profaning of the Lord's name on the air to be very offensive.
    :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement