Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not one stop eject so far today. Very slick with regards to the tech side. It shows even more that ray is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not one stop eject so far today. Very slick with regards to the tech side. It shows even more that ray is the problem.[/quote

I used to listen to him in small doses, but he used to just put me in a bad mood.He now seems to think he's a political commentator. The fools who text into him and drone on about his kids are worse, they think they're all in his little gang. I remember him slaughtering the Irish soccer team after a win in Cyprus in 2009 because they performed badly and comparing them to the amateurs who played in a hurling match, basically cutting the soccer team to bits. Yet, he was right on the bandwagon last year when they qualified for Euros...think he even had something to do with the song??? Little man , big ego!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    They had a quiz earlier and ray knew all the answers!

He has "Debbie" from Love/Hate on (is gonna have them all on?) and mentioned that people get confused, you know, they see you playing a heroin addict and a prostitute, and then they see you in real life and they get confused. what people is he referring to?? Is there anyone out there thinks Bryan Cranston really makes crysta Meth? or James Gandolfini is a real gangster? If that was not bad enough he then proceeds to ask her if she ever brings "debbie's" costumes home for the boyfriend...............a new low?[/quote

I'd love if one if the actors got confused when he was interviewing them. So for example Peter Coonan actually thought he was Fran and punched the head off the self righteous little div

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm not the biggest Mairead fan, but I thought she did a fairly decent job hosting this morning. I enjoyed the show more than I usually do.

She said at the end of the show that the guy who was doing the desk today is going to teach her how to use it. How embarrassing will it be if Mairead successfully uses the desk for a whole show some day after a week's training and D'Arcy still messing up after 10 years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

Is Ray on holidays????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

buster180 wrote: »
    Is Ray on holidays????????

I think so. KC actually mentioned that he was off for two weeks the Friday before last but obviously had it wrong at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I think so. KC actually mentioned that he was off for two weeks the Friday before last but obviously had it wrong at the time.

Cheers, I might tune in tomorrow so. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Credit to Mairéad... Show is definitely more enjoyable. Compared to the time Jenny covered for Ray... That's was terrible.

I'm enjoying the show anyway, music is better too! Dunno if they are her choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Jason Todd wrote: »

Ray is recording school around the corner he will be back Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mairead is a dreadful host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Interviewing lookalikes on the radio - fascinating :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mairead is a dreadful host.

i agree but i like her choice of music over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

wonder did your mans parrot know the word 'there'?cos by god he's definitely heard it enough!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Skid X wrote: »
    Interviewing lookalikes on the radio - fascinating :rolleyes:

I love the way they put so much thought into coming up with new ideas for the show! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i agree but i like her choice of music over the last few days.

You mean all the songs that were all once Top 5 singles and in their time were played off the air on the radio.

She admitted last week she had no idea who Ray Manzerek or the Doors were - and they allow her in charge of a show which plays 12 or 15 songs.

Obviously peoples choice of music is objective, but I doubt Mairead likes any song that isn't played on day time radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

BPKS wrote: »
    You mean all the songs that were all once Top 5 singles and in their time were played off the air on the radio.

She admitted last week she had no idea who Ray Manzerek or the Doors were - and they allow her in charge of a show which plays 12 or 15 songs.

Obviously peoples choice of music is objective, but I doubt Mairead likes any song that isn't played on day time radio.

ray manzerek?the doors?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    ray manzerek?the doors?
    Youtube them Mairead:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

but I doubt Mairead likes any song that isn't played on day time radio.

And that's... a bad thing?

Sorry, I get confused with what music people should and shouldn't like these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

She should like whatever music I like. Otherwise she's a sap

Synode wrote: »
    She should like whatever music I like. Otherwise she's a sap

That's not what I meant.

If somebody is presenting a 3 hour radio programme that has maybe 40-45 minutes of music as part of the programme, you would expect that they have some basic knowledge of music that extends beyond what they hear on day time radio or the X Factor/the voice etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Typical Ray today.

He was interviewing somebody about the Prime Time creche program. She was speaking very well for a few minutes making some good points and she said she watched the program on Monday night. Ray interupts her .. "Eh it was Tuesday night the program was on" Why on earth does he have to do that?

He was also reading out a text from some guy called Phil who texted in about something his child does. Ray read out the text and then muttered under his breath sarcastically , "how would you know Phil" and then moved on.

He just comes across as a proper w@nker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That's not what I meant.

If somebody is presenting a 3 hour radio programme that has maybe 40-45 minutes of music as part of the programme, you would expect that they have some basic knowledge of music that extends beyond what they hear on day time radio or the X Factor/the voice etc.

Why? If she's not as in to music as other people, who cares. It's primarily a chat show, not a music show.

That's not what I meant.

But... it's a daytime show?

Surely the ideal knowledge of music would be daytime radio music? Not much good Mairead being into mega-cyber-death-punk-step when she's restricted in what she can play anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Anyone think our Mairead has had voice coaching or elemecution lesson recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Anyone think our Mairead has had voice coaching or elemecution lesson recently?

Good for her if she has. Genuinely. Nice to see at least someone there making some effort to improve things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

LLU wrote: »
    Good for her if she has. Genuinely. Nice to see at least someone there making some effort to improve things.

Husband, political beliefs, accent, are there no limits to what our Mairead won't leave behind to improve things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Lelantos wrote: »
    Husband, political beliefs, accent, are there no limits to what our Mairead won't leave behind to improve things
    Well it wouldn't be Ireland it there wasn't a good old begrudger to jump on a positive thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

just heard anton savage on his radio show now that he will be covering for ray tuesday :D first time in weeks ill listen in

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I enjoyed the slot Ray did in Langtons, funny enough. Maybe that's what makes his show at times- the interrupting, silly things and so on. Kinda like 'Oh Ray, ffs!!!'?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lelantos wrote: »

That is well out of order, her marriage ending was nothing to do with her broadcasting career.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement