Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is there any member of the love/hate cast they have not interviewed yet. I suppose it is a change from the rotation of comedians they usually have on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Is there any member of the love/hate cast they have not interviewed yet. I suppose it is a change from the rotation of comedians they usually have on

There was a guy making tea in season 2...........I think is on with ray next week, then the round of comedians starts all over again after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

no way ..the next series??

No series 3, but the box set is still very much alive and well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Golden rule - if you are watching a box set of a TV programme that is finished on TV or Sky plussing a final episode etc, don't listen to Ray, cos he will deliver the punch line.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

robo wrote: »
    Golden rule - if you are watching a box set of a TV programme that is finished on TV or Sky plussing a final episode etc, don't listen to Ray, cos he will deliver the punch line.

Get your own back on him and text in what's happening in Series 5 of Breaking Bad. He said yesterday he's only half way through series 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Once it's aired it's fair game. I remember not being able to watch the Lost finale on the day and having to avoid the radio all day the next day. Every shop I went into they were talking about it on the radio. Its so much harder to not listen than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

BPKS wrote: »
    Get your own back on him and text in what's happening in Series 5 of Breaking Bad. He said yesterday he's only half way through series 3.

The last I heard he had not seen any of BB....he seemed to be a pissed off cos everyone else thought it was great, i.e. he had not had a chance to enlighten us...the masses, so he was kind of hmmmn and hawin about watching it at all. did he say what he thinks so far? it may be beyond him

Maybe he will have Bryan Cranston on
    RD " how tall are ye, how may kids have ye, do ye cycle to work? whats yer favourite crisp?"

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Maybe he will have Bryan Cranston on
    RD " how tall are ye, how may kids have ye, do ye cycle to work? whats yer favourite crisp?"

ray: wait a min bryan, ahhh i have to tell the listeners at home that you dont actually make drugs, you know hahaha, ah *sigh*.
    why did you take this job, is it that you took drugs going to college or are any members of you family addicts? you know always out of there head.

ok enough of that, have you watched love/hate, its like breaking bad but more, you know silly irish, people text in and actually think its real. thats mad right.

i myself did some acting in a hotel room with this hot actress. haahha, ahh its on youtube, youtube is the internet you know.

ok we'll go for song, actually a quick break, sigh, wrong button...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    He's back!!
    He;s interviewing "Blackie Connors" from Fair City, asked a question whch the guy didnt answer to Rays satisfaction, so Ray say "sigh, I will start again" . "Blackie" mentions he worked last year in an addiction centre...Ray asks "any experience of that yerself?" CRINGE

I thought he was very rude in to that man from Fair City. He was digging that he hadn't been on the tv for a while and there was no need for all that sighing because he didn't get the answer he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Ray : Ok listeners we've got Bryan Cranston here in studio. Bryan morning.

Bryan : Morning Ray

Ray : Right so you're not really a drug dealer a ya now Bryan

Bryan : Well it's a part I ..

Ray : Do you like drugs?

Bryan : No I've never taken dru..

Ray : Really? Not once? An go on? Tell us?

Bryan : ...............

Ray : 'sigh'. You're not giving us much are ye now? Right are ye single or taken? If you're single my wife Jenny, well she's not my wife but she might as well be. Well she's a great matchmaker. Do you want me to set you up with her friends?

Bryan : Im married 20 years

Ray : Really? Kids? I've got two kids. Kate & Tom. Kate is 5 & Tom is 1. They're great.

Bryan : No kids unless you count a dog!

Ray : No kids? Why's that? Can you not or is it herself? 'Sigh' What height are ye? You look the same size as me? Go stand up there & we'll measure.

Bryan: I'm 5ft 11

Ray: Are ya naturally bald or is the head shaved? Me and my 6 brothers are all bald. What about ye and your brothers?

Ray : Ehhh okay. Right. Brian O'Driscoll then. He has the same name as you. Do you know Brian & Amy? They're our Posh and Becks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Someone should troll the fcuk out of him.

Using the above as an example:

Ray: "do you do drugs?"

Bryan: "all the time, its more a documentry than a tv series." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

_feedback_ wrote: »
    He is interviewing someone from Love Hate, and opened up the interview by giving a spoiler about what happens at the very end... that's incredible. Clueless.

Loads of other DJs have done the same thing, that clown on 2fm on the drivetime show did the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The series has ended a long time ago so I can't really see what you're all complaining about. So is nobody allowed to discuss any series on the radio at all once there's a box set still available in the shops?

If you haven't seen it at the time and are currently watching it on DVD, it's your problem to avoid the spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

Sexy Updates...Sweet Jesus Christ

farts with your arm pits. oh ffs ray. guy on the phone

mairead is lookin for people who can laugh like a french man. are these guys 9.

thats it, this is sh!te. last straw

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

In a discussion today about the importance (or not) of the Leaving Cert, Ray reminded us how he could have been a doctor if he had studied hard enough. Mairéad got in a good one though by saying he mightn't be suited for it given his stop/eject problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

swiftman wrote: »
    farts with your arm pits. oh ffs ray. guy on the phone
    swiftman wrote: »
    mairead is lookin for people who can laugh like a french man. are these guys 9.

thats it, this is sh!te. last straw

I was listening to this in the car, can this really be a morning slot on one of our country's biggest station?? I think Ray is regressing, between his humour, attitude and inability to press buttons, an actual 9 year old would do a better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I'm raging I missed Kate's yard sale, sounds like there was some red hot value to be got there. Seriously hard to believe this is a national radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

I'm raging I missed Kate's yard sale, sounds like there was some red hot value to be got there. Seriously hard to believe this is a national radio station

Dont forget about little tom doing the 10k in his buggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tuned in yesterday heard daft punk turned off...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tuned in yesterday heard daft punk turned off...

You got lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You got lucky
    arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I have noticed over the last few weeks Will and Mairead have been giving Ray a right slagging about his "Stop Stop Eject Eject" problem
    and a lot of those type of texts have been read out also. He has been taking it fairly well though and has mocked himself also.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I have noticed over the last few weeks Will and Mairead have been giving Ray a right slagging about his "Stop Stop Eject Eject" problem
    and a lot of those type of texts have been read out also. He has been taking it fairly well though and has mocked himself also.

A few days ago, someone bet him a 100 euro (I think) that he couldn't get to the end of a show without messing up. Subsequently, he failed and had to donate money to charity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Christ he's in full blown sigh/interrupt mode with this woman. Didn't catch exactly who she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

He was speaking to retired Supreme Court judge Catherine McGuinness, really enjoyed it. Pity there aren't more women like her in the public arena.
    It was a very good interview (IMO), she was very forthcoming with answers where possible. Enjoyed it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

She knew what she was talking about alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Darcy is off today it appears as I flicked around there to escape Miriam. Mairead seems she is calling the shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

She said ray's motto is undersell and over deliver!! Somebody needs to tell him he's getting it very backwards.

I'm not even going to go on about the irony of them slagging off the standard of the late late show, when their own show is hardly the last great bastion of Irish entertainment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement