Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

To be fair credit where its due, he's moving this along well and its the best interview I've heard him do. Ray seems comfortable and for once he's not starstruck .

Credit lads, you are being fair when he is carrying out a good interview!

Really enjoying the interview also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Well done Ray!

:mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

To be fair credit where its due, he's moving this along well and its the best interview I've heard him do. Ray seems comfortable and for once he's not starstruck .

7e48ec2b_larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Enjoyed the interview with Glen Hansard, especially the little dig he had at Bono.

And he can sing, (Glen not Ray).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Enjoyed the interview with Glen Hansard, especially the little dig he had at Bono.

What was that? Was it about paying taxes in your home country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes it was, he told how he was advised how to avoid paying taxes here but said that as he was born here,educated here, etc he would pay his taxes here.
    Ray mentioned Bono and co.

He was going to go further only it was near 12 and he had to sing the show out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jaysus... chips n deep fat fryers :rolleyes:

Didn't hear the show so can I ask what this is referring to? Doing chips in a Deep Fat Fryer seems pretty reasonable...

An interview that everyone seems to agree was good? :eek:

WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS?

Will have to listen back to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Klim wrote: »
    7e48ec2b_larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

LOL Fair play

• Subscribers Posts: 41,306 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Didn't hear the show so can I ask what this is referring to? Doing chips in a Deep Fat Fryer seems pretty reasonable...

An interview that everyone seems to agree was good? :eek:

WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS?

Will have to listen back to this!

nah, it was just the first couple of minutes of the interview he spent talking about chips and deep fat fryers after having a few pints... it was a bit cringeworthy, but at least it got better after that.

I think it was a successful interview because it was actually driven by glen and not ray... all the topics came from glen himself.... especially the tragic suicide episode. ray for once did the right thing and just shut up and let him talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Anyone else think the show has a sponsorship deal with 50 shades of grey?

There is not a segment without that fecking book being referred to! - someone else previously mentioned it on here and i began noticing it.

First 15 mins this morning - he mentioned it twice! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I think he has fantasies about tying up Jenny and doing bold things to her.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Why, what did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yes brilliant interview. not so much what ray did or said more so what Glen Hansard said and sang.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭neris

For fcuk sake ray give it over about the kids. 1st hour on veg and straight after the news hes telling that kids shoudl get off school when its sunny. your are an insecure little bore darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Get off school when it's sunny? That's daft talk. How could that happen? Darcy's a fool to be spreading nonsense like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭el diablo

He's a flamin' galah.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Did you hear him just now laughing at how "Of monsters and men" weren't in the best of form, and the interview wasn't up to much?! He said it was lost in translation. Blamed them basically.

"Of monsters and men" have been the band of the year so far, with their big song all over the radio for the past couple of months. Their Reading and Electric Picnic shows got incredibly good reviews. Exciting stuff.

Ray got them in yesterday. Two questions I remember were

"What is the Icelandic for goodmorning?"

"You are a fan of Damien Rice, aren't you?" - She answers yes. "O, the album O" Yes she says. and 9 she says. "Oh yeah" says Ray. "Oh, do you get it? The album O!! HA HA HA" He is met with silence.

He then says they were in bad form this morning?!

As it happens, Tony the tiger Fenton mentioned that the band stayed in the offices for more than an hour afterwards, and were great craic and chatted to everyone and gave CDs out like they were going out of fashion.

Bit of a contradiction to what Ray says .......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭el diablo

Did you hear him just now laughing at how "Of monsters and men" weren't in the best of form, and the interview wasn't up to much?! He said it was lost in translation. Blamed them basically.

"Of monsters and men" have been the band of the year so far, with their big song all over the radio for the past couple of months. Their Reading and Electric Picnic shows got incredibly good reviews. Exciting stuff.

Ray got them in yesterday. Two questions I remember were

"What is the Icelandic for goodmorning?"

"You are a fan of Damien Rice, aren't you?" - She answers yes. "O, the album O" Yes she says. and 9 she says. "Oh yeah" says Ray. "Oh, do you get it? The album O!! HA HA HA" He is met with silence.

He then says they were in bad form this morning?!

As it happens, Tony the tiger Fenton mentioned that the band stayed in the offices for more than an hour afterwards, and were great craic and chatted to everyone and gave CDs out like they were going out of fashion.

Bit of a contradiction to what Ray says .......

Where can I hear this "interview"? :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Where can I hear this "interview"? :)

Somebody text him asking that - that's why he mentioned it.

He laughed it off saying they wont be putting it online because it was no good .... because the band were in bad form and the interview was lost in translation ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

All the goodwill towards Ray for his good interview with Glen Hansard the other day is gone I see :)

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    All the goodwill towards Ray for his good interview with Glen Hansard the other day is gone I see :)

The fact that he prepared for it, did a good job, and got a good response from the guest makes it more annoying when he makes a bollocks out of every other interview by not preparing.

Why would there be "goodwill" towards a crap interview? (I use the word loosely)

was listening to that email bag slot this morning and some listeners really need to get out abit more and not take tv soaps as real life. some bint complaining about the characters jobs and not get training. the other emails re paralympics were very valid and not the 1st time its been brought up this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

neris wrote: »
    was listening to that email bag slot this morning and some listeners really need to get out abit more and not take tv soaps as real life. some bint complaining about the characters jobs and not get training. the other emails re paralympics were very valid and not the 1st time its been brought up this week

Ah sure you'd do anything for a bobblehead Ray :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Ah sure you'd do anything for a bobblehead Ray :D

I got two through being a pedantic prick on email bag. :pac:

Did I hear that right? A ventriloquist on the radio?

Surely he will just interview the guy about his career. Surely he wont ask him to do ventriloquism on the radio .... will he?!

Yes, I has to google ventriloquism to get the spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Stop - Stop - Eject - Eject - Eject - Play.

We should gave a competition to guess how many times he messes up.

Or is this him having foreplay ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why was Ray apologizing to Mairead today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sully wrote: »
    Why was Ray apologizing to Mairead today?
    Dunno, its not his fault she's a no talent skanger

Did I hear that right? A ventriloquist on the radio?

Surely he will just interview the guy about his career. Surely he wont ask him to do ventriloquism on the radio .... will he?!

Yes, I has to google ventriloquism to get the spelling.

yep he has one on now and he just told mairead to look into the puppets eyes. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I actually really enjoyed that. At the very least, it wasn't the same old comedians as usual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement