Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Couldn't believe Anton calling the tri-colour a trick-olor. Normally something you'd hear from an orange man up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Any news on Jenny, Ray wasnt in today, is he a daddy for the second time yet?
    he was getting the plaster of his nose on friday after his nose job and botox..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 colmmcl

ya i agree Ray thinks his opinion is sacred, he is getting annoying these last few years, iv a sneaky feeling he will follow his old boss willy back to 2fm. they should give the show to Anton & Will , they have great wit & radio chemistry. the other one Mairead, is just a tag alone, even on the craig doyle show, she gets talked over time and time again. but the worst thing is, there is no one better on to listen to at that time, tubbs is an old man in a young mans body dressed as an old man, and is so tangled up in 2fm corporate ****e, bbc here he comes. and colm hayed on 2fm , jesus he is total tripe, he should be a weekend presenter at best
    We should create out own radio station !

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Any news on Jenny, Ray wasnt in today, is he a daddy for the second time yet?

Surely being a daddy is a binary thing, first you're not one and then you become one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I just switch off whenever Anton is on, I cannot listen to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Congrats to them both on the birth of a baby boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yep, congrats to Ray & Jenny! I'm a Ray fan, but I'm looking forward to the Anton & Will show for a week or two, they have an easy chemistry and it's nice for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

deisemum wrote: »
    I just switch off whenever Anton is on, I cannot listen to him.

Same!

they should let Will do the show by himself. feck of mairead. she annoys me so much.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Heard Foley saying they'd named the baby Tom. (or possibly Thomas)

Congrats to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Congrats to them both on the birth of Tom D'arcy, best of luck to them all :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Keep it civil please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Yep a little boy Tom Michael Darcy, last Friday

Congratulations to them both, it's great news

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0618/darcyr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

cats.life wrote: »
    they should let Will do the show by himself. feck of mairead. she annoys me so much.
    They tried that before, he crashed and burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

padd b1975 wrote: »
    They tried that before, he crashed and burned.

I never heard that, but Will needs someone to bounce off. I love his little rants, you can imagine his face going bright red and steam coming out his ears!

Will's cookie monster reading of the 50 shades of grey was priceless, very very funny. As said Will & Anton have a great chemistry between them, Mairead will have her work cut out keeping them in line over the week!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Will is similar to JP on the Foley show, an excellent contributor, but not brilliant on his own.

I have vague memories of Will presenting the show ans it was car crash stuff. He's much better just commenting on stuff as opposed to being up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I didnt know will did the show solo before, but I mean Jenny has filled in for ray at Least once, and when I heard her I wondered why will didn't do it. But if his gig didn't go well then that's why.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didnt know will did the show solo before, but I mean Jenny has filled in for ray at Least once, and when I heard her I wondered why will didn't do it. But if his gig didn't go well then that's why.

I'm pretty sure Will did the show as lead host with Mairead as support at least once...

yes i remember now, ray was doing rose of tralee and jenny done a few days , then Will toke over for a day or two with mairead.it was not the best radio:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Mairead's on hols next week, can't wait for Anton and Will show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

God is it me or is Mairead insufferable??? I dont think she is funny nor does she contribute mych to the show IMHO!! Its like she is always competing to be heard, real " miss miss I know the answer" and kinda tjid one time at band camp... And she is always on with that fool Craig Doyle! Who hires these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Will's cookie monster reading of the 50 shades of grey was priceless, very very funny. As said Will & Anton have a great chemistry between them, Mairead will have her work cut out keeping them in line over the week!

I hope you texted in to say how the tears of laughter were running down your face and you had a pain in your side from laughing soooo much:rolleyes:

shockwave wrote: »
    I hope you texted in to say how the tears of laughter were running down your face and you had a pain in your side from laughing soooo much:rolleyes:

No I didn't, plenty others out there to do that, I will wait for the sob story, as I am a 6ft trucker crying my eyes out.

ha ha very good, yes they read from the same script .
    why does he have a major depressing segment on most mornings from 930 to 10am.
    and he continues to increase his listenership.
    thats all bull.
    its amazing most stations bragg about how they gain more listeners,
    i heard the the JNLR Ratings cost 9 grand per station and are conducted by basic on the street surveys.
    ray and co live to broadcast another day. bet he will feck off to 2fm or 4fm,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

colmmcl wrote: »
    bet he will feck off to 2fm or 4fm,

:confused:Why would he leave now?

his old boss willy o reilly went back to rte.
    overall the show is out dated, scripted to the last, texts are screened, cos for example when they brought out the US 2 Book over a year ago, they went on about how taking a picture on the that day, only one picture will only be accepted, ( i emailed in 20) hoping at least 1 would make the book. but sadly no.
    So when the book came out Mairead Farrell got her face in it on 3 different pages, now thats not a co-incidence, thats bull and i emailed them, text them and rang them and it was never brought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

thalia_13 wrote: »
    God is it me or is Mairead insufferable???

Naah, Mairead is an erudite powerhouse of political, economic and social discourse. Who else but her could distil every single problem currently plaguing the world to "It's probably a man thing."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

colmmcl wrote: »
    .....cos for example when they brought out the US 2 Book over a year ago, they went on about how taking a picture on the that day, only one picture will only be accepted, ( i emailed in 20) hoping at least 1 would make the book. but sadly no.
    So when the book came out Mairead Farrell got her face in it on 3 different pages, now thats not a co-incidence, thats bull and i emailed them, text them and rang them and it was never brought up.
    LOL. That's hilarious. You rang them to complain? What did they say? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

DuckStab wrote: »
    Naah, Mairead is an erudite powerhouse of political, economic and social discourse. Who else but her could distil every single problem currently plaguing the world to "It's probably a man thing."

science-sarcasm-Professor-Frink-Comic-Book-Guy-631.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement