Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got old comics to sell/get valued? Looking for something? POST ONLY IN THIS THREAD.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

jpcarlow wrote: »
    I've no idea what range, I paid around €200 for it in a comic shop in Paris around 8 years ago and I haven't seen a copy of it anywhere apart from that listing on eBay.

As regards condition, there are no nicks or scratches on the slipcase and I can't see anything wrong with the books themselves. I'm not that well up on evaluating things but going on what I've read over the years I would say its in good to very good condition.
    Well from that then I would say it's worth more than you paid for it. maybe not the 2 grand but not too shy from it either...There are others here who would be more well versed in such matters

Also love the Username

Who would those others be then?!
    I do want to sell it as I need the money and if I can get a few quid for it all the better.

A friend suggested just putting it up on eBay and just see what happens but I'd like to have an idea of what figure to start off at. Having said that, because I haven't seen any listings apart from the one I mentioned, clearly very few people are selling so it's harder to gauge a guide price.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Gobby appreciates your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Fysh and co would be a good start i imagine

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's not a great deal of information about pricing online, unfortunately. Probably doesn't help that the collection doesn't seem to have an ISBN. I've found a couple of listings around the place with no signature but can't get firm details of price. I'd guess the £1500 is a gamble in the hope of netting someone with cash to burn and limited patience. Nostomania seems to have no details listed for this (though rather tediously they're now being silly and limiting free accounts to 30 day trials). Worthpoint.com have a listing for it here and another similar collection signed by various creators here; they do a "free" trial but it's one of those tedious "sign up with your card then cancel if you're not happy" ones, so I've not bothered.

So far Worthpoint look like your best bet on a free verifiable pricing guide (they source their data from eBay under licence), though as with all such pricing info it's dependent on the market and demand. Beyond that you'd need to contact a Star Wars memorabilia dealer or look at picking up a copy of the 2012 Overstreet Guide or one of the various Star Wars price guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Thanks very much for the info. I tried that free trial on worthpoint but for some reason after I fill out the billing form it keeps saying I've left out a required field even though I put in everything that's relevant for me. I'll try it again tomorrow. Failing that I'll try and pick up one of the price guides from Amazon. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JCARROLL

Just wondering if anyone knows what a complete set of mint Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 comics by IDW would be worth? http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_(comic_series)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Didn't want to start a new thread as I didnt know if it merited one, but does anyone know of any places in Ireland where i can get some of my comics CGC'd?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

Hey guys,
    Im looking for Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spiderman #17 #18 #19 #20 anyone have any suggestions I cant them in the comic book shop I go to.

Thanks
    G

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Im looking for Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spiderman #17 #18 #19 #20 anyone have any suggestions I cant them in the comic book shop I go to.

Thanks
    G

As in the Miles version?

SubCity should have it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I bought this by mail order in the early 90's and have it stored away since.It's a first edition from 1992 by headpress and features a compilation of different strips influenced by real life serial killers ,The Zodiac Killer,Charles Manson etc.I think it's supposed to be pretty collectable these days but there's not much info on the web.Can anyone shed any light?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The attachment diden't come upload first time.Here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Thwip! wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread as I didnt know if it merited one, but does anyone know of any places in Ireland where i can get some of my comics CGC'd?

The CGC site lists Comet Comics in Galway & Glick Brothers in Dublin as CGC reps though I don't think either are operating anymore. I'd love to get things CGC'd myself, maybe bulk submission with others is the best way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Hey guys :) im looking to sell a pile of mostly Marvel comics from around 08-09 and was wondering what u guys think a reasonable price would be? I was thinking 2 euro each, I dont think theres anything really special in there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jonesy3110 wrote: »
    Hey guys :) im looking to sell a pile of mostly Marvel comics from around 08-09 and was wondering what u guys think a reasonable price would be? I was thinking 2 euro each, I dont think theres anything really special in there.

If they're in good condition and reasonably complete sets (complete storylines, etc) I'd suggest starting off at 1/2 to 2/3 of cover price. Unless you're quite lucky, it's unlikely you'll have anything in demand - though if you've got variant covers or signed copies, you can always up your price on those relative to the cover price and see what comes of it.

Jonesy3110 wrote: »

Pm me the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

The CGC site lists Comet Comics in Galway & Glick Brothers in Dublin as CGC reps though I don't think either are operating anymore. I'd love to get things CGC'd myself, maybe bulk submission with others is the best way to go?

If you decide to do this, count me in. I have a number of comics I'd like to get graded formally.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

I've got walking dead #1-30 first printing from 2003, where in Ireland can they graded or sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

The CGC or PGX you need to pay 30 euro to be a member of cgc and it cost 20 dollars for issues over 300 dollars like walking dead #1 so all 30 issues would cost alot.

PGX you dont pay a members fee and it costs between 12-20 dollars to get graded.

also you have to cover shipping over to the US and back.

Comic shops in Ireland will do this for you but they will charge you shipping,CGC price and then a fee.

Get the first 5 graded and send them yourself.

Hope that helps :)

Also comic book stores are members of the CGC meaning they paid the 30 euro to be a member.
    They do not grade them so that means its cheaper to do it yourself.

Sub city should do it because I seen it on their bags they give out when you make a purchase.
    But Id advise doing it yourself or with other people and splitting the shipping costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

I'm selling my Walking dead collection Issue 1-30(2003 run). Here a picture of issue 1

Pm if interested!

shawki wrote: »
    I'm selling my Walking dead collection Issue 1-30(2003 run). Here a picture of issue 1

Pm if interested!
    Ill pm you now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Got a lot of very old comics recently,most notable are about 15 Action Comics from the 40's and 50's
    where would I get them valued?

You could make an account on this website
    and try to figure out the condition yourself
    http://www.comicspriceguide.com/
    or you can take a HD Image of the front.back and
    one of the inside pages of each book and I can
    give you a value.
    Also what are the issue numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Kealy1994 wrote: »
    You could make an account on this website
    and try to figure out the condition yourself
    http://www.comicspriceguide.com/
    or you can take a HD Image of the front.back and
    one of the inside pages of each book and I can
    give you a value.
    Also what are the issue numbers ?

Thanks

Got them as a gift from my grandad who had them stored in the attic for years!
    Going to keep them for my own 8 year old who loves superheroes

Issue Numbers:
    And some other old comics

raven136 wrote: »
    Thanks

Got them as a gift from my grandad who had them stored in the attic for years!
    Going to keep them for my own 8 year old who loves superheroes

Issue Numbers:
    And some other old comics
    Action comics

are all Golden age Books
    the lowest I have ever seen
    those books go for are 50 euro per book in beat up
    condition with the cover coming off.

If your copys have cents on the cover and
    are in decent condition I could see the listings ending around
    100 euro per book for the earlier ones.

If you want to keep them for your 8 year old.
    I would go online and get mylar comic bags and
    backing boards and store the books away standing
    up in a box in your attic because the value of comics
    increase and reading the books or holding it in the wrong way
    can damage these books and decrease their value

Another idea is to get them graded because it increases
    their value dramatically and it preserves the comic in a seal and keeps
    the comic in the condition it currently in.
    heres an example
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFg5OTU=/z/Wb0AAMXQzr1R0uQP/$%28KGrHqIOKo8FGswgkF23BR0uQO7M,Q~~60_12.JPG

Those comics could get your child a car for his 18th
    or pay some of his college fees.
    Heres some sold listings on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/19381955-Golden-Age-/66/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=action+comics&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Also if you wish to sell them now
    I could make you an offer or offer
    you a trade.

If not I can pm you what you need
    to preserve the comics if you want
    to sell them in 10 years for a higher
    price than what they are worth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 crackedmirror

Hello,

I have various comics in the TPB format that I am not going to read ever again. They would all be in mint or near mint condition. Is there any shops in Dublin City Centre that buy second hand TPB's or would i be better off placing an advert online to sell them.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Hi all,

I'm looking for the Thor Simonson Omnibus. Please feel free to PM me or reply in the thread if permitted. I'm not going to pay stupid money for it but please do message me and we'll see if we can come to an agreement.

I'M also looking to sell a number of Steve Ditko Spider-Man issues in various conditions and a slew of the Romita Spidey. I'll put a list up tomorrow. And I assume I'll have to link it to adverts and not sell through here? Thanks, E.

• Advertisement

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for the Thor Simonson Omnibus. Please feel free to PM me or reply in the thread if permitted. I'm not going to pay stupid money for it but please do message me and we'll see if we can come to an agreement.

I'M also looking to sell a number of Steve Ditko Spider-Man issues in various conditions and a slew of the Romita Spidey. I'll put a list up tomorrow. And I assume I'll have to link it to adverts and not sell through here? Thanks, E.

If you could PM those Spideys and what you want for them that would be awesome

Advertisement