Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got old comics to sell/get valued? Looking for something? POST ONLY IN THIS THREAD.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Hi I have a friend who has a copy of Amazing Spider-man #129 Punshier first apperance. It's in good shape but can't find a price online for it. He just wants a rough idea of how much it can go for before he thinks about selling it.
    All the comic book auction sites you need to be a member to get a price guide. Anyone have a idea of how much it might go for?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Quick look on ebay shows copies listed from as little as $50, a whole bunch around the $300 mark and one at $1350, higher priced copies all have high CGC ratings. Assuming your friend has an original 1974 copy from the first print run and not one of the reprints and he gets it graded I would expect the max he could get to be around 300 to 400 mark. While there is one on ebay for 1350 that's a listing not a sale while copies listed around the 300 mark and lower are getting bids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Thanks for the help sorry for posting in wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 harrye

My mother in law is clearing her attic out and has a whole load of Eagle, Shoot, Tiger and Roy of the Rovers. Some are mint condition and were put away with plastic on them and not discoloured. Anyone know if there is a market for these? If not, are these the type of things that are sold at acar boot sale?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I have most of the run of the 1980's short-lived comic Scream.
    Scream+comic+2
    They're in reasonable condition certainly not badly damaged or anything.
    Are these of any value?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i loved that comic!
    i think i still have some left in the attic somewhere
    i know there would be good nostalgia factor for them but most British comics don't have great value
    offer you a tenner ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Skerries wrote: »
    i loved that comic!
    i think i still have some left in the attic somewhere
    i know there would be good nostalgia factor for them but most British comics don't have great value
    offer you a tenner ;)

Keep going..upwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Degsy wrote: »
    Keep going..upwards!!
    So..how much are you looking for?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi Degsy, glad to see you're getting a bit of interest in those comics. If you're going to sell them, please post the details on adverts.ie and pop a link to the ad in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey guys I have about 140 of the marvel transformers comic that I'm thinking of selling anyone know what value I should put on the?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Anthonyk2010

I have one x files minus 1 comic signed by stefan petrucha and star wars episode 1 the phantom menace #4 collection signed by 4 of the writers.

Anyone know a web site that i could find out there value(if any).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hi,

My Dad recently cleared out our attic and found my old Roy of the Rovers comics , I wondered if anyone would know roughly what they would be worth and where’s best to try and sell them?

I’ve counted and date/filed them and it’s a total of 128 comics, dates broken down as follows

3 issues from 1986 – 25/10/86, 01/11/86 & 28/12/86
    Every issue from 1987 except the following – 30/05/87 & 20/06/87 – so total of 50 issues
    Every issue from 1988 except the following – 21/05/88, 04/06/88, 06/08/88 & 03/09/88 – total of 49 issues
    26 issues from 1989 – from 07/01/89 to 05/08/89 (excluding the following 21/01/89, 18/02/89, 25/02/89, 18/03/89 & 27/05/89)

Every issue is in really good condition except, ironically, the very first and last - 25/10/86 is intact but a bit shabby/loose cover and 05/08/89 has no cover but is otherwise fine

Any help would be appreciated, I’d be sad to see them go tbh as they are a great memory of my childhood but xmas is coming and so’s my new baby :)

Thanks a lot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I have the original Killer Komix from 1992.In good condition,been stored away for nearly 20 years.Any ideas on what it's worth?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I have a preacher issue 1 in mint condition (it's been bagged with a backing board since day one and not exposed to light). Anyone got any idea what it's worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

My uncle has 6 old comics, sorry if this is the wrong place, but could anyone hazard a guess as to a value?

the comics are:

Captain Justice, 1 MAR
    Power Pack, 19 FEB
    Captain America, 315 MAR
    Daredevil, 228 MAR
    X-Factor, 2 MAR
    The Avengers, 265 MAR

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Khannie wrote: »
    I have a preacher issue 1 in mint condition (it's been bagged with a backing board since day one and not exposed to light). Anyone got any idea what it's worth?

Just Seen this on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/PREACHER-BOOK-1-DC-VERTIGO-COMICS-GARTH-ENNIS-GN-HB-/360394652134?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Graphic_Novels_ET&hash=item53e931f9e6#ht_4816wt_905

Asking price €29.61

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

This thread made me realize I have a few number 1's of comics which appeared in the 1980s

For example one I can remember is a comic named Oink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oink!_(comic)

Is it's first edition worth anything ?

I also have pristine membership wallets for the Dandy and Beano kids clubs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Amse20

Hey I was clearing out the attic recently and I came across a few comics. I know nothing about comics, they were belonged to my dad, but there are a few older ones and I was just wandering if anyone knew what they might be worth and if anyone knew where I could sell them.

A few Dandy 1994-2003
    A Buster 1994
    A few beano 1992-1994
    A beano summer special 1969
    A victor for boys summer special 1969
    A few Lion 1970

Anyone??
    Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Amse20 wrote: »
    Hey I was clearing out the attic recently and I came across a few comics. I know nothing about comics, they were belonged to my dad, but there are a few older ones and I was just wandering if anyone knew what they might be worth and if anyone knew where I could sell them.

A few Dandy 1994-2003
    A Buster 1994
    A few beano 1992-1994
    A beano summer special 1969
    A victor for boys summer special 1969
    A few Lion 1970

Anyone??
    Thanks

I don't know if there's a great secondary market for UK kids comics, but if the market is anything like that for US comics I'd imagine that only the older comics from the 60s & 70s will fetch much above cover price.

A quick look on eBay shows a good few listings for 1960s and 1970s UK kids comics, with most of the prices I spotted for single issues hovering around the £4-5 mark. The more recent stuff seems to be around the £1-2 mark.

That's just based on skimming eBay, so it's far from definitive, but if there's a more lucrative market for those comics I suspect you'll have to spend a while looking around to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My eldest brother collected xmen comics for years. He started when he was about 12 and he is 38 now but stopped collecting them about a year ago. He has thousands of comics. He knows more about them than I do.
    he got married and moved into a house near our family home years ago and he had so many comics (all in plastic sheets to keep them immaculate) . He ended up building a comic room in the attic. Then he moved to castleisland down in kerry and had to dedicate another room to the comics because he has so many.
    Do any of ye know anyone that would buy in bulk?
    Ill find out more but I remember him saying before that if he sold them he would easily pay off his mortgage.
    Could one of ye go look at them if ye are near castleisland. If not that's ok.

Obviously not all xmen. DC I think. I'm not to sure. He has a few "first appearance of" whoever comics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Auction in Action

ztoical wrote: »
    Are you sure it was $30, the one I saw sold for 160 Philippines Pesos which is like 2.70 in euros.

I can't believe that is it in mint condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Anyone any suggestions on how best (ie least expensive method) to go about getting a comic graded in Ireland?

Are the CGC the only people who do this? If so, who represents them in Ireland and how do I get in touch?

I have one or two comics of relative rarity and value, and I'd like to get them graded professionally both for insurance reasons and with an eye to selling them in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KENDEE

Hello comic community I have some planet of the apes comics dating from the 70's can anyone tell me if there's a Market for these :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 poiuytsam

Hi I have lots of victor comics still , is there a museum who might want the. .

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/default.aspx

This site is handy if you want to price old comics.

To be honest, unless it's from pre-1960s or particularly rare, you're not going to get a huge amount for anything from Marvel/DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Darkbatman3000

Hey peeps. Just collecting on the old Goosebumps books and Spine-Chiller Collection Magazines. I have a few Goosebumps books already and I'm looking to get the entire collection complete. There's 62 in total. Not too sure about the Spine-Chiller magazines but I had up to 50 of them when I was younger until they were stolen.

If anybody knows where to purchase these books or magazines it would be very helpful. I checked Amazon.co.uk and Ebay and the goosebumps books seem pretty easy to find but the Spine-Chiller mags don't exist for some reason. Well there's people selling individual issues but no collection of them so it's slightly bothersome. I still have most of the pop up cards that came with the magazines but not the magazines themselves as they were stolen.

Any comments or help would be fantastic, thanks and have a nice day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I have this three volume signed Star Wars newspaper strip collection by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson, who were heavily involved with the Star Wars universe back in the 70s and 80s. It's in a hardcover slipcase and is in very good nick. The set is limited to 2500 editions and I know it's worth a bit but the question is how much? Has anyone else come across one of these?

There's a listing on ebay for a 'buy it now' price of 2,032 euro but it seems to have been there for ages and I can't believe it's worth anywhere near that.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Rare-Star-Wars-Newspaper-Strips-Hardcover-HC-Slipcase-/270656026083?pt=US_Comics_Graphic_Novels&hash=item3f045b35e3

Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I have this three volume signed Star Wars newspaper strip collection by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson, who were heavily involved with the Star Wars universe back in the 70s and 80s. It's in a hardcover slipcase and is in very good nick. The set is limited to 2500 editions and I know it's worth a bit but the question is how much? Has anyone else come across one of these?

There's a listing on ebay for a 'buy it now' price of 2,032 euro but it seems to have been there for ages and I can't believe it's worth anywhere near that.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Rare-Star-Wars-Newspaper-Strips-Hardcover-HC-Slipcase-/270656026083?pt=US_Comics_Graphic_Novels&hash=item3f045b35e3

Any help appreciated.
    well what range were you thinking yourself? and what constitutes good nick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

jpcarlow wrote: »

Any help appreciated.
    well what range were you thinking yourself? and what constitutes good nick?

I've no idea what range, I paid around €200 for it in a comic shop in Paris around 8 years ago and I haven't seen a copy of it anywhere apart from that listing on eBay.

As regards condition, there are no nicks or scratches on the slipcase and I can't see anything wrong with the books themselves. I'm not that well up on evaluating things but going on what I've read over the years I would say its in good to very good condition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I've no idea what range, I paid around €200 for it in a comic shop in Paris around 8 years ago and I haven't seen a copy of it anywhere apart from that listing on eBay.

As regards condition, there are no nicks or scratches on the slipcase and I can't see anything wrong with the books themselves. I'm not that well up on evaluating things but going on what I've read over the years I would say its in good to very good condition.
    Well from that then I would say it's worth more than you paid for it. maybe not the 2 grand but not too shy from it either...There are others here who would be more well versed in such matters

Also love the Username

Advertisement