Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 + €20 Deep Stack tournament @ the Sporting Emporium

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Will out of interest, if you did play the hand [badly] what kind of bet do you think would be sufficient here as Lloyd re – raised Noel for almost half his stack pre flop with KQ.

He reraised him for half of his stack? And he called with KJ? :eek: I didn't realise he called with half of his stack...disregard my post so. I'd give this one up agianst a lot of players. He should really have some kind of a hand here. (this is where ranges come in) It's true uLL has position but I'd certainly put the caller on strong hand (certainly not KJ). Think I misread the betting sizes in this thread. Never push the river though here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

hold on now............ before this thing grows legs It cost me c. 1/8th of my stack to call the preflop raise.

Once our money was in the middle the pot was the same size ~~ as Lloyds stack if not bigger. So an all in move by Lloyd was more or less a pot sized bet.

hold on now............ before this thing grows legs It cost me c. 1/8th of my stack to call the preflop raise.

Once our money was in the middle the pot was the same size ~~ as Lloyds stack if not bigger. So an all in move by Lloyd was more or less a pot sized bet.
    Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't read the WHOLE thread. (lol) As a matter of interest, would you have called the pot sized bet (a) If it were a cash game (b) in this tourny.

Solksjaer wrote:
    As a matter of interest, would you have called the pot sized bet (a) If it were a cash game (b) in this tourny.

Im lost here, I dont quite grab what your asking me. Called a pot sized bet at which point?

Im lost here, I dont quite grab what your asking me. Called a pot sized bet at which point?

Now if you hadn't have called with the muck in the 1st place I wouldn't be asking you this confusing question.:)

You said the pot was now equal to Lloyds stack...Yes? So in effect his all in was a pot sized bet..YES? (your words)
    Now I'm asking you simply would you have called a pot sized bet (all in) with KJ? Seems easy to understand from where I sit.:confused:

• Advertisement

Solksjaer wrote:
    Now if you hadn't have called with the muck in the 1st place I wouldn't be asking you this confusing question.:)

You said the pot was now equal to Lloyds stack...Yes? So in effect his all in was a pot sized bet..YES? (your words)
    Now I'm asking you simply would you have called a pot sized bet (all in) with KJ? Seems easy to understand from where I sit.:confused:

On the flop or turn It was an insta fold if Lloyd had pushed. As the hand played the river was a super easy insta call once my J hit. Although Lloyd seems to think that only a rivered set could have called as quick as I did - which btw I think is flawed thinking for the way the hand played. Read HJ's post above as to why.

As for a cash game I would never be calling preflop oop and if I did (extremely drunk) the hand would never have got to the river as I would have bet the flop or if checked I would have folded to a bet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Firstly I don't know either ULL or BCB and I'm quite sure they don't know me or even heard of me.

I felt I had to comment on this thread as it seems to be the best timing to comment on the goings on over the last while regarding the two of you.

My comment is this..

Either enter a popularity contest - its easier to guage how your ego is going that way - or just play poker and get on with it! There are loads of threads that have been dedicated to the ranting of these two that contribute nothing to poker other than giving a moment in the spotlight for either or both of them.

This thread is typical - a nothing hand (apart from being the demise of ULL), which only serves to highlight the mixed up thinking of some dubious poker play, is taking 4-5 pages of comments to determine something that we all knew - WE DON'T REALLY CARE.

If you guys were actually looks for CONSTRUCTIVE comments so you could improve your play, then fair enough. But it all just seems that each one is looking for backing as to why the other one is more of a donkey than they are!

I think this thread has just shown how some people just don't get poker or how it's supposed to be played.

Hyzepher wrote:

Either enter a popularity contest - its easier to guage how your ego is going that way - or just play poker and get on with it! There are loads of threads that have been dedicated to the ranting of these two that contribute nothing to poker other than giving a moment in the spotlight for either or both of them.

I dont know you either but my understanding is that you used to be a mod or something. Irrespective of that you should know that I resent your comments.

Lets get things straight here from the outset of your contribution to this thread. I resent your suggestion that my ego is at play here and I for one would like you to point the evidence of this out to me.

The history behind this hand lies from Lloyds In the well thread wherby I asked a few stern but fair questions, along with making a point about Lloyds incessent whinging. You should be aware that I asked Lloyd to clarify exactly what was so objectionable about my questions but thus far he has failed to respond. Marq later (to some extent) reitterated my points yet Lloyd seems not to of had an issue with Marq's comments other than that he didnt like them but couldnt argue with them.

As for accepting criticism - I have been very open about my mistakes in this hand and have at no stage tried to hide them or cover them up. They are what they are. I have accepted peoples point of view on how the hand was played and thanked them for their input. I have also said that I need to learn from the mistakes that I made in this hand.

I have no requirement to enter into any form of popularity contest to guage where my ego lies in my life. From my perspective it boils down to a few simple points. Mistakes were made, I accepted them and the subsequent criticism. As yet, despite comments from such excellent players as HJ and others, Lloyd does not seem to think (or at least not admit) that he made any errors in the hand. Other than a pettry remark about underestimating how bad a player I was and should then therefore include KJ in my range (or something to that effect).

You should know I am not the one that went down the road of making petty remarks that about people changing cos they cashed in the IO. I could elaborate greatly on this point should you require me to.

I dont believe, although I stand open to correction, that I attacked Lloyds poker playing ability. I did attack his play in this hand postflop and his failure to see that it was bad. Contrast this to my behaviour in the thread.

I am not looking for any spotlight here, I was not the one who opened the discussion on the hand, I responded to a post by Lloyd. Subsequent to that I posted in response only to further comment.

Im also not the one in this thread who saw fit to call others a cnut.
    Hyzepher wrote:
    If you guys were actually looks for CONSTRUCTIVE comments so you could improve your play, then fair enough. But it all just seems that each one is looking for backing as to why the other one is more of a donkey than they are!

As far as I am concerned the above should not be applying to me - I have welcomed all criticism (ianmc/gholli/HJ to name but a few) along with saying that I hoped to learn from that. So therefore, I take the above paragraph to be a slur of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

sorry about that noel!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

BCB - to be fair you have been more open about discussing your hand and why you played it the way you did. But that's not my real issue. For me you should only need to do this once - especially when drawn into a discussion with a player you have history with. Anything more and it looks like you are doing it for the attention. It may not be the case, but to me, and I'll gather a few others, the inter-thread ding-dong you guys are having is just for the spotlight.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't think this thread is serving any useful purpose anymore, and should possibly have been closed days ago. If people have issues they need resolved, then either take it to PM or settle it over a pint. Failing that, arrange a time and date to play for life savings, possessions, etc and post details on the forum. Until then, keep it out of here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement