Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My girlfriend rarely showers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

not_logged wrote:
    I think you're being silly. You said she doesn't smell bad -- does she go to the gym regularly? Play sports? Do anything that might make her sweat profusely?

She probably washes her armpits, groin, feet, etc, individually when needed. It's not necessary to shower every day despite what some overly-sensitive people seem to think.

You said yourself she doesn't smell. It's purely your own psychological need to scrub yourself with steel wool every day that makes it "off-putting" to get intimate with her.

As the queen of England said few hundreds years ago: "I take a bath every spring, even if it is the case or not"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭PinkPrincess26

Glowing wrote:
    OP, what age is your girlfriend?

I personally wouldn't dream of not showering at least once a day - its just manners isn't it? I don't know why she wouldn't want to anyway, its so refreshing especially now that the weather is getting warmer .....

Manners??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Kell wrote:
    Ao anyways, OP, you have said she doesnt smell and I take it the moist bits dont smell either, so I dont see your problem.

Yes, it seems that it's the idea of her not showering that bothers you, OP. Can't you get over it? There's a huge body products industry out there trying to convince us we need to wash more often than we do, spray ourselves with stuff in case we sweat (shock! horror!) and so on - don't let it brainwash you! :)

Not saying one should never wash but if there's no smell, there's no need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I was gonna say the same thing. There is no excuse for not having a shower daily, it takes 5 mins.

For those of you who don't need to feel fresh, feeling and being are 2 different things. Bodies aren't that different, if I need to have a shower every day you do too (unless you have some sort of sweat gland problem where you can't sweat).

As already said - hair thing - wear a shower cap.
    Scared of showers - have a bath.
    Washing the oils out of your skin? - Bollox
    Skin problem - thats the only excuse I would tolerate

This is all besides the point. People who dont shower everyday don't do it because they dont need to, or feel they dont need to. They don't shower for the same reason that every other Saturday I don't (if I wasn't leaving the house), they are being lazy....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Tails142

I shower about two or three times a week, it would be very rare that I'd shower every day - only if the girlfriend was staying over. When I do shower though I like to give myself a good wash, would take 20 minutes maybe.

I generally always shower if I'm meeting up with my girlfriend - but every morning I wash my face and hands. I would consider myself to be pretty clean and never ever ever smell of B.O. yuck

When I go away on holidays with my mates I am always amazed at hom much some of my friends shower, its like an obsessive compulsive disorder. One of them has to have a shower in the evening if he's been working and then another in the morning... I know your supposed to sweat a litre of fluid overnight but that's just crazy... I have better things to be doing with my time

I think though its really just goes back to what way you were brought up, the shower in my house was crap and would often scald you for no apparent reason plus when showering I like to wash my hair and have a good scrub so it takes longer, that why I shower less frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    I shower 2 - 3 times a week, and freshen up when needed. I dont shower every day purley because my hair is mad curls and it takes so long to get it dried right I couldn't possibly do it every day.

Does she have curly hair, its a nightmare believe me :(

You don't even need a shower cap. Shower heads are usually mounted on a rail, so you can adjust the height down to your shoulders and tie your hair up. That's what I do. My hair's not curly, but my sister's is and she does that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Manners??????

Yep, I think so.

Would you get into bed with a man who hadn't showered in 3 days, regardless of whether or not he smelled? Would you get into bed with somebody if you hadn't showered for a few days? I'm sure you wouldn't, out of respect for your partner .....

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I really think a lot of people are obsessed with showering.

I shower about 5 times a week on average - each day of the weekend and if I feel the need on weekdays (usually after playing sports or if it's warm). So sometimes it might be every day.

Showering really dries out my skin and it does take a bit of time to moisturise afterwards so 5 minutes doesn't really do the trick.

In the winter I shower less often because it's cold so I'm not sweating and I don't play as much sports.

I think it's a personal choice and if you're not offensively dirty or smelly what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I would of thought so, I think (or thought) it was fairly common to shower twice a day, I usually have one before work and when I get home.

Once or twice a week is sickening, I hope she doesn't expect you to drink from the furry cup after not washing for 3 days :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Cancer-chick

I just can not imagine not taking a daily shower ..

Maybe its personal preference but Mr CC showers daily and i can tell ye he's a big improvement on the last Mr cc who seemed to have some sort of water phobia..

OP you have to say something.. Although i have to say i tried for years with the ex and got nowhere but most women i know .. no sorry ALL the women i know would app knowing that their nearest and dearest had a cleanliness issue with them. Maybe they would react differently but they would appreciate the topic being broached..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Showering twice a week? That is definitely not enough.

Just think of all the sweat, dirt, grime, piss and ****e that would accumulate after a day or two. While skipping the odd day is understandable, fact is it's more healthy and hygenic to wash once a day.

This isn't the dark ages we are living in. There is no excuse for not keeping clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what other people think, it's obviously an issue for you so the only thing to do is mention it to her. If you've been together for a while then it shouldn't be a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

silvine wrote:

Just think of all the sweat, dirt, grime, piss and ****e that would accumulate after a day or two.

You make it sound pretty romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

silvine wrote:

Just think of all the sweat, dirt, grime, piss and ****e that would accumulate after a day or two. While skipping the odd day is understandable, fact is it's more healthy and hygenic to wash once a day.

This isn't the dark ages we are living in. There is no excuse for not keeping clean.

what the hell do you be doing that you sweat, sh1t and piss on yourself so much that you have to shower every day? reminds me of eric cartman playing world of warcraft. Showering every day is not needed (for most people anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭PinkPrincess26

miles teg wrote:
    what the hell do you be doing that you sweat, sh1t and piss on yourself so much that you have to shower every day? reminds me of eric cartman playing world of warcraft. Showering every day is not needed (for most people anyway).

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

A shower a day is a must, especially if you live together.

Do you sleep in the same bed and have sex often?

The sweating during sex is like going for a jog imo.

Time to get Mr CC away from the old world of warcraft after a nasty glimpse into my future !

Thanks miles !!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

People - shower every day. It's little wonder so many people stink.

Not showering - it stinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

miles teg wrote:

Unless you're wiping your arse with Wet Ones and washing your cock in the sink after you use the toilet you can be pretty sure there will be enough to warrant a shower.
    seansouth wrote:
    The sweating during sex is like going for a jog imo.

Now thats a good point that nobody can fail to see. You would work up a serious sweat during a session, never mind the body fluids. Spermicide from the condom doesn't feel great either...

Drinking on a Fri/Sat night? You will sweat that out the next day and smell of smoke.

And during any summer, unless you are going from an Air Conditioned house to an AC car to an AC office you are going to sweat more.

Do the posters in here who only shower every other day not drink/smoke/dance/walk/work/have sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

miles teg wrote:

Not necessarily everyday but twice a week is hardly enough either.

Everyone picks up dirt through out the day. Think of the where you go when you are out and about, the dried sweat, grime, where your hands have been etc.

****ting and pissing on yourself might be an exaggeration but you get the picture. Although if you are a bloke there can still be a few drips remaining even after a good shake of the wee lad!

It's healthier and cleaner to wash more often rather than less.

Anyway, who would you rather cuddle: someone who showered recently or someone who likes to let it all hang out for a few days?

• Advertisement

silvine wrote:
    Not necessarily everyday but twice a week is hardly enough either.

Everyone picks up dirt through out the day. Think of the where you go when you are out and about, the dried sweat, grime, where your hands have been etc.

****ting and pissing on yourself might be an exaggeration but you get the picture. Although if you are a bloke there can still be a few drips remaining even after a good shake of the wee lad!

It's healthier and cleaner to wash more often rather than less.

Anyway, who would you rather cuddle: someone who showered recently or someone who likes to let it all hang out for a few days?

people wash hands seperately to having a shower. I agree if someone does an activity, sporting or sexually, having a shower afterward is to be expected. but after having that shower, going 2 days without another is perfectly fine. I'd be with someone in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

but going two days in heat like this, arent even those of us who sweat very little are gong to start to whiff a bit?

I'm not sweating these days

Linoge wrote:
    Do the posters in here who only shower every other day not drink/smoke/dance/walk/work/have sex?
    No, they just smell <allegedly>

George est une stinky, stinky poo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Showering at least daily should be mandatory before anyone leaves the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Ye I shower in the morning, I dont feel right if I dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

OP, it might sound like an odd thing to do but why don't you reverse it around for a couple of days.

Don't shower for a few days and see if you get a response from her about it? Its a mad idea, but it might just work! :confused:
    obviously you should freshen up each day a bit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just tell her to shower more...... and set up a speaker to go off everytime she goes into the bathroom that says something like "Get in the shower you smelly cow".

Something nice and along those lines should work.

I concur.

• Advertisement

Aaahhh

The joy of a lovely cold shower on a hot summers day !!

Our mammies and daddies mammies and daddies would have been grateful for the old running water dont ya know

OP u HAVE to point this out !!

Advertisement