Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APAT Irish Amateur Poker Championship

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Looks like they won't call till tomorrow...its all very complicated, looks like they are going to a lot of effort to make it appear fair.

from their website:

o A listing of the 103 successful applicants and a 20 member reserve list will be posted at www.apat.com at 9pm on May 5th.

o Successful members will be contacted via email or phone to process payment for the event on May 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

the player list is up..... who got in??????

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

stevire wrote:
    the player list is up..... who got in??????
    ME!

jacQues
    (lucky hamster)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Yep, I made it in too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Balls. 10th reserve. Was mashing F5 for ten minutes last night. Walked into the sitting room and forgot for 2 minutes. Strolled back in remebered, went oh shít and hurriedly sent off the email. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

yeah im in :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

In (before the lock :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah i made it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 APAT

ianmc38 wrote:
    Balls. 10th reserve. Was mashing F5 for ten minutes last night. Walked into the sitting room and forgot for 2 minutes. Strolled back in remebered, went oh shít and hurriedly sent off the email. Sigh.

Unlucky Ian, but past experience would tell me you still stand a good chance of getting a seat in the next two weeks through drop outs. It sold out in about two minutes.

Good luck to all 'board'sters in this event and we are very much looking forward to taking APAT to Ireland.

As a Westport man, I may even try to get it added to the Mayo Poker Tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

15th reserve. Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

APAT wrote:
    Unlucky Ian, but past experience would tell me you still stand a good chance of getting a seat in the next two weeks through drop outs. It sold out in about two minutes.

Good luck to all 'board'sters in this event and we are very much looking forward to taking APAT to Ireland.

Cool. Would really like to play. Shall keep the fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I made the list but I still might not be able to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

shoutman wrote:
    I made the list but I still might not be able to play.

does that move 13th reserve up to 12th:)

Man that'd be a bad break though.:mad: Looks like a class tourney.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Link to the player list?
    Apparantly my name is on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Weird coincidence.
    My name is on it, next to somebody I play with, and we have both never heard of it. My name is not common(quite the opposite), and we have both never heard of this until last night, when I was playing with Jacques and he congratulated both of us for getting in.
    Hmm, odd, odd. So, who bought me in? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

APAT wrote:

Ah Des... I was away in the UK when the details were posted. Don't think I'll ever get to play in one of these lol.

Good luck to all who got in.

My name is on it, next to somebody I play with, and we have both never heard of it.
    The "next to" part is pure random luck, as the players' list is ordered by alphabet (last name). I can only guess how your name is on there (same for "Ship"). In any case; it wasn't me, I swear!
    Please email customer@apat.com if your name appears below and you do not receive the payment email before midnight on Sunday, or if you believe you will have an issue securing the seat before midnight on Tuesday.
    I would advice you to e-mail them, as your name is on the list (and I assume you didn't receive the payment e-mail). They should be able to explain it.

jacQues

Sent them an email, if it was not you, there might be an annoyed fellow with my name walking around if I get in. :D
    Just think it is weird that 'ship' and I both randomly ended up beside each other. Heh. Who won last night?

They emailed me the pay link, I'm fairly certain I could just take this other guys place, if somebody did not sign me up. :P
    I'll enquire about it with the TD.

• Advertisement

Heh. Who won last night?
    Liam.

Uhm, wait, no... Ship won. I'll update the site now.

jacQues

Turns out there is a different guy with my name and I don't feel like stealing his place. ;)
    Must play him for bankroll sometime.

Turns out there is a different guy with my name and I don't feel like stealing his place. ;)
    Must play him for bankroll sometime.
    Does he live in Galway?

If so, it may be you but your other personality (the winning one). :D:D

jacQues

Dunno where he lives. They took the area code out of his phone number for security purposes. Heh. Remember you said you used to see my name on some list years ago, must have been him too.

And as you happen to mention, I only vaguely remember my wins, whilst I vividly remember my losses, guess he could be me after all, and he turned up that time at itzacon.

Advertisement