Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APAT Irish Amateur Poker Championship

Options
  • 02-05-2007 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

The Amateur Poker Association & Tour (“APAT”), in association with PokerStars.com, has announced details of the fifth live event in its critically acclaimed tour for non professional players.

APAT is the world’s first combined Poker Association and Tour, and will hold the Irish Amateur Poker Championship, at the Fitzwilliam Card Club in Dublin, on June 2nd & 3rd, 2007.

The entry fee will be £75.00 and the winner will take home an expenses paid entry to a season four European Poker Tour event, in addition to the Irish Amateur title and a substantial cash prize. Players will not be required to pay a registration fee for the event and APAT standardised rules will be in operation at the Fitzwilliam.

Players will start the event with 10,000 in chips, and a structure designed to encourage creative play throughout.

Twenty seats will be available via a series of live satellites at the Fitzwilliam, from May 5th. Further details will be available from the venue and full contact details are available at APAT - Home.

Due to expected overwhelming demand, the remaining seats will be allocated via an email entry process on Friday 4th May at 9pm. The process for the email entry will be as follows:

An entry email address will be posted at www.apat.com at 9pm on May 4th.

APAT members wishing to enter the Irish Amateur Poker Championship should send an email, containing their full name and telephone number to the entry email address.

Seats will be allocated to the first 103 member emails received.

A listing of the 103 successful applicants and a 20 member reserve list will be posted at APAT - Home at 9pm on May 5th.

Successful members will be contacted via email or phone to process payment for the event on May 6th.

In season one, APAT features seven national and international events culminating in European and World Amateur Poker Championship events. Each APAT event winner will receive a cash prize, an engraved Championship Cup and an expenses paid European Poker Tour or World Series of Poker main event entry.

Tony Kendall, APAT Chairman, stated: “APAT are delighted to partner with PokerStars and the Fitzwilliam in bringing the inaugural Irish Amateur Championship to Dublin. APAT is ‘the’ affordable proving ground for players wanting to realise their potential in high quality live events, and a guaranteed added value prize pool is great news for our players. I look forward to welcoming existing and new APAT members to Dublin and am confident of giving you an outstanding experience.”

APAT Membership can be obtained online at www.apat.com. Individual Membership of the Association costs £10.

Further Information For Editors

Daniel Phillips won the inaugural APAT event, the English Amateur Championship in September 2006 and played in the EPT Copenhagen event as part of his winner’s prize.

Max Ward was the winner of the UK Amateur Championship in December 2006 and will play in the 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event as part of his winner’s prize.

Lee Mulligan won the Welsh Amateur Poker Championship in February 2007 and played in the EPT Dortmund event as part of his winner’s prize.

Phil Starrs was the winner of the Scottish Amateur Championship in April 2007 and will play in a season four EPT event as part of his winner’s prize.

For images or additional information on the Amateur Poker Association & Tour, contact Richard Prew on 07887 987044 or via media@apat.com, or visit the Press section at www.apat.com.

The Fitzwilliam Card Club

Clifton Hall
    Lower Fitzwilliam Street,
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland

Tel: +353-1-611-4677
    Fax: +353-1-611-4678
    Email: info@fitzwilliamcardclub.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can you pay without joining APAT, as most of the events will be in the UK we will not have access to them, a reduced entry fee should at least apply

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

it's only a tenner stg!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I travelled to Edinburgh for the last event on this tour. The structure allows a lot of play at the start though it skips key levels later on. That said, there was a fantastic atmosphere and a big tournament feel to the event. The standard is extremely mixed, ranging from bery good players to really bad tight weakies.

I would recommend this to any of the lower stakes players - a good experience and a shot at a really great prize. I will be in attendance in any case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

This looks great, I am definately playing this one as I presume a great deal of the younger generation will.... any word on the live sats in the fitz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

do you have to e-mail them to enter or what? do you have to join up aswell?what was the clock lloyd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

£75?

do you have to e-mail them to enter or what? do you have to join up aswell?what was the clock lloyd?
    You need to log onto www.apat.com and register. Then you need to send an email after nine o clock on Friday to secure a place (:( )

Total cost will be £85.

Structure in Edinburgh:

10,000 starting chips // 40 Minute levels

25 / 50
    50 / 100
    75 / 150
    100 / 200
    200 / 400
    300 / 600
    400 / 800
    600 / 1200
    800 / 1600
    1000 / 2000
    1500 / 3000
    2000 / 4000 (at which point I was knocked out in 21st :( )

Two big level skips. But there are no antes. They definately should include the 150 / 300 level. I shall send an email on the subject to them tomorrow.

EDIT: Bear in mind that there is an overlay as the EPT seat is added by Pokerstars to the prizepool. Prizepool will be £11250 with 15 paid so a top two finish would also be a nice enough cash touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Can you pay the buy in by bank lodgement? My CC is maxed out atm :D

DEmeant0r wrote:
    Can you pay the buy in by bank lodgement? My CC is maxed out atm :D

I'm not sure mate. Check out the website and send an email to their support team to ask the question. You should receive an answer within 24 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

I just received an email back from their support team. I also asked if it would be possible to send them the registration fee through cheque but they recommended that i use a family member or friends CC or stars account. Looks like this is the only way you can register.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lloyd, are you saying that the seat is fully added to the prizepool, and that there will be cash prizes as well for all entry fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote:
    Lloyd, are you saying that the seat is fully added to the prizepool, and that there will be cash prizes as well for all entry fees?
    That would be pretty sweet, I think even I'd play if that were the case... :eek:

5starpool wrote:

Yes. If nobody paid any money and the tournament went ahead with a £0 entry from each player - the first prize would be an all - expenses paid trip to an EPT event.

As such, the £75 entry fee will be divided in the normal fashion, with between 10 and 15% of the filed getting paid. Bear in mind that the Fitz will probably not be responsible for dividing the money. So expect a payout that is divided in gradual increments. The pay escalation in Edinburgh was very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

DeadMoney wrote:
    I just received an email back from their support team. I also asked if it would be possible to send them the registration fee through cheque but they recommended that i use a family member or friends CC or stars account. Looks like this is the only way you can register.
    did they give any details of paying via stars?

So is this what happens:

1: You join APAT today for STG£10
    2: They post up an e-mail address tomorrow @ 9PM,
    3: The first 103 people that e-mail that address get to play??

I must have a word with my contacts at the Fitz to see if there is a shortcut into this. Unlikely though.

Ste05 wrote:
    So is this what happens:

1: You join APAT today for STG£10
    2: They post up an e-mail address tomorrow @ 9PM,
    3: The first 103 people that e-mail that address get to play??

Yup. 27 have already qualified online. And I presume the other 20 places are to be filled by the Fitz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:
    I must have a word with my contacts at the Fitz to see if there is a shortcut into this. Unlikely though.

Dom,

As my Fitz contact anyway you can get me in on a shortcut to this?? :p

If you pay for my trip to Athens I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

will there be any online qualifiers for this, or only the fitz ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

5starpool wrote:
    I payed for most of that last night Dom.....

Lloyd, I just joined that site there does that mean I still have to mail on Friday night? I wont be around would you say Saturday morning would be too late?

eoghan104 wrote:
    Lloyd, I just joined that site there does that mean I still have to mail on Friday night? I wont be around would you say Saturday morning would be too late?

I have no idea mate.

will there be any online qualifiers for this, or only the fitz ones?

Online qualifiers are over. There were three qualifiers on Stars last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday - each of which put through nine players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

any word on when there will be fitz sats??

Also if ur signing up with APAT, enter the promo code: Player51
    get it at half price....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Just paid my fifteen spids to join APAT

9pm on Friday is a horrendous time to have to register. Ironically I probably be be able to as I will be in the Fitz!!!

I signed up and just realised I'll be at Des Bishop tomorrow night, bollux, hopefully it won't fill up and I can sign up when I get home....

Can you email on your phone? Get someone to text you the email address and then email from your phone maybe?

Clever thinking Dom, I might just look into that, I'm sure I'll find a way...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

5starpool wrote:
    is athens nice this time of year wouldn fancy a holiday there mind you

Advertisement