Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Airshow 2007, June 24th, 3PM

Options
  • 28-04-2007 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Well guys seeing as im keeping ye all "in the know" as my dad is the Organiser, im just wondering in fact how many of ye will be coming to Salthill for it? Possibly even for the Friday and Saturday as the TBirds will be doing practice Displays ( Il know when soon enough )!!

So who is coming and would anybody be interested in meeting up for a few sociables?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'll be going for the Saturday with 3 or 4 friends.
    Can't come soon enough with the good weather we're having and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Dya fancy a few scoops!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Deffo gonna be there Sunday. If the Tbirds will be around beforehand, I'll head down Saturday and stay over with sis. Put me down for a pint, so.

Excellent.

Come on guys who else is going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

are the red arrows in it this year? - they're deadly to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I would, but Mrs. Roundy is scheduled to disembark our second born around that time...

I demand pics, lots of 'em!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eurofighter typhoon and USAF Thunderbirds F16 display team is what I heard so far , twoud be be pushing it to get the red arrows again although they should be close...in Enniskillen in fact ...... that day :p

No The RAF Red Arrows will not be at Salthill this year but we are pleased to Announce the Thunderbirds as they "throw" the F-16 around more so than the Reds use the Hawk, The Thunderbirds are more about sheer power and noise, aggression, and tight flying !!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

I'll travel for a few drinks.

Now just have to ring around & find a couch to sleep on........

(shouldn't be too hard...I'm only up the road a bit, know loads of people moved into the city)

• Advertisement

Gablin fancy a Pint or 2 with me and whoever turns up? Im thinking we can meet on Sat? Everybody?

oscarBravo wrote:
    Deffo gonna be there Sunday. If the Tbirds will be around beforehand, I'll head down Saturday and stay over with sis. Put me down for a pint, so.

They maybe doing 2 Practices either on Friday or Sat OR one on Friday and one on Saturday, il keep you guys posted as soon as my dad tells me whats happening.

Any idea where the practices will happen?

Always up for a pint, btw...

Practice sessions, as ever, will take place on the Salthill promenade.

Sounds good Styer, should be about the city that night.

oscarBravo wrote:
    Any idea where the practices will happen?

Always up for a pint, btw...

Am.......Salthill...Where else?

Cool beans. You never know, there could be a top sekrit USAF training base somewhere in Connemara... :p

oscarBravo wrote:
    Cool beans. You never know, there could be a top sekrit USAF training base somewhere in Connemara... :p

TBH i think the Yanks would love it if they could open up there, think about it it's vast open land and has mountainous areas.....mmm just perfect for low level Ops!

I will confirm ASAP the timings for all the practice displays by all aircraft and the dates as soon as i am allowed by my dad.

oscarBravo wrote:

*groan*

Then we'd never get Galway Women Against War off our backs!

Actually, now that you mention it, Clifden is getting a new airfeild close by, to service another one being built on Inishbofin. Hope to have a look when they hold the official opening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

oscarBravo wrote:

Its called Shannon and its a logistics hub not a training base .....and its not very secret :p Is it ??

Gablin,SpongeBob are you meeting up with us for a Pint ? Most probably on The Saturday, as il be way way busy on Sunday!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its called Shannon and its a logistics hub not a training base .....and its not very secret :p Is it ??

Spongey, anywhere else, this would be regarded as stirrin' it up. Here i think it justs gets the grin it deserves!!:D

Now, b&b's in salthill??? can't think of where to even look!!!

gatecrash wrote:

Now, b&b's in salthill???

Good luck finding one is all i can say..:D :eek: :eek: :D

Guys can ye PM me please with your mobile number so i can begin to organise a meet for the Saturday?

Thanks,
    Dave.

Anybody else to PM me with their Numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭saviourgirl

Should be good craic cant wait now!!

Should be good craic cant wait now!!

Do you want to meet up with us on Sat for a sneaky pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

How many of you good people are hoping to meet up for the show?

If you get a few together, bang up a few pics and I'll sticky a thread for it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Im tryng to get a few mates to go as I dont want to be sad enough to drive up by myself...must also look into BnBs but im hoping to get to it!

I still have nothing yet from my dad about the precise timings for the Thunderbirds Practice demos but i will have them soon i promise, now im proposing we meet on the Saturday at around 2pm and all have a pint, most likely at The Waterfront Hotel, Salthill.

• Advertisement

The Irish Army Parachute Display Team the "Black Knights" have been confirmed!

Advertisement