Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaisce Award

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I need a skill... Think me and my friend are doing some music at lunch time thing once a week.. No idea about it at all, nor do we care but neither of us have a skill so... :/ We dont even have instruments, we're just gonna turn up and hope for the best :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

deise_girl wrote: »
    I need a skill... Think me and my friend are doing some music at lunch time thing once a week.. No idea about it at all, nor do we care but neither of us have a skill so... :/ We dont even have instruments, we're just gonna turn up and hope for the best :P

Haha thats a good idea :D Sounds Like fun! What are you doin for communting envolement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

deise_girl wrote: »

We are doing ECDL anyway so I'll use that for a skill.(this will also cover the additional one as well)
    FastFriends will cover our community involvement.
    Achill Trip will cover walking trip.
    We have to cover sport ourselves.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Jackobyte wrote: »
    We are doing ECDL anyway so I'll use that for a skill.(this will also cover the additional one as well)
    FastFriends will cover our community involvement.
    Achill Trip will cover walking trip.
    We have to cover sport ourselves.

We're doing ECDL too but we were told you cant use it since we're doing it during school hours? :/

Lads for a skill does communication/social skills count? Coz I wanna join this course/teen group thing and on the leaflet it said you'll gain social skills but it doesnt mention social skills on the gaisce suggestion list.. Anyone know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 djon92

Hey I was just wondering, does anybody know a community thing to do for gaisce.? I'm stuck with lifesaving but that's crap, can anyone give me an example of what to do? Like first aid courses or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Anyone on here doing Gold? Or anyone on here at all? :P
    djon92 wrote: »
    Hey I was just wondering, does anybody know a community thing to do for gaisce.? I'm stuck with lifesaving but that's crap, can anyone give me an example of what to do? Like first aid courses or something?

You could visit a nursing home or work a few hours in a charity shop maybe? I coached an underage football team for one of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

I just got my Gaisce all sorted out today.

Skill: Baking/Cooking. I'm gonna bake for at least an hour a week. I can already bake pretty well, but I'm just gonna say I'm trying to improve on it.

Sport: Running. I already do it, so this will be my additional 13 weeks too.

Community: This was defined the hardest to find. Today however, I received an email back form an art teacher about helping out at an art class for children. Should be fun, just hope it is accepted as community involvement...?

Adventure Trip: Wicklow Mountains with my school.

I asked my ECDL teacher about doing it t=for the skill, but she says that there isn't enough work to do to cover you for an hour outside school time.
    :D

Advertisement