Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good fortune tellers cork

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

Obviously there's nothing wrong with rationality - it brings order to our lives - but even rationality can't explain everything.

I don't know if you've ever read Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History Of Time', but he acknowledges in that book that there are happenings in the universe that are beyond our present human understanding. Rationality and logic have their limits, I'm afraid. Sorry to break it to you.

But he didn't go on to suggest that you might ask the white witch from Cobh to fill in the bits he couldn't explain now did he?

Any gaps in our knowledge will be filled in by science or not at all. There is no other method by which we will ever learn anything factual about the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Finna Fail !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Rationality can't explain everything so we should go listen to snake oil selling con artists to explain the rest.

I think someone needs to accept rational thinking into their heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Obviously there's nothing wrong with rationality - it brings order to our lives - but even rationality can't explain everything.

I don't know if you've ever read Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History Of Time', but he acknowledges in that book that there are happenings in the universe that are beyond our present human understanding. Rationality and logic have their limits, I'm afraid. Sorry to break it to you.

You wouldn't mind quoting where Hawking claims that rationality and logic have their limits.

I don't believe for a second he said anything like this, nor would any reasonable scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I must have taken something in my sleep, did I really just read something that said we should give the same credence to fortune tellers as we give to scientists who show evidence? I must be really high.

I don't care if it's mean, people who fall for these shysters and talk about them as being "good" at what they do, deserve everything they get.

If they were to give an accurate reading to the kid of people who go to them, what would be the most common thing said is "You are gonna live a boring monotonous life, taking resort holidays, doing nothing of great importance and overall achieving nothing. Then you'll die and in 2 generations be forgotten"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Where's there's money to be made people will exploit vulnerable people. A sad fact of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's a guy in Fermoy who saw me pacing in a small circle by the bus stop. He predicted that I was waiting for the bus. He was pretty good, I mean he barely even looked at me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Sarky wrote: »
    There's a guy in Fermoy who saw me pacing in a small circle by the bus stop. He predicted that I was waiting for the bus. He was pretty good, I mean he barely even looked at me...

He can't be any good if he didn't charge you.

That's how you can tell if people have a god-given talent - they charge you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loose smoke

Hi there do u have Veronica in farrenree number cud u please pm it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loose smoke

newbee22 wrote: »
    Veronica in Farrannree is fab- I'll PM you her number!
    Hi do u have Veronica in farrenree number cud u pm it please?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement