Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good fortune tellers cork

Options
  • 23-04-2007 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

:) hi just wondering if anyone knows of any good fortune tellers in or around cork. really appreciate it as i have gone to a couple in the past and they have been useless!:) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

The White Witch is supposed to be good!
    There is one called Gypsy Rose - avoid at all costs! She is in the north side somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I would have assumed that venturing deep into the northside to seek the services of a fortune teller would be ill advised no matter what. Hang around up in Hollyhil for long enough and you'll get your fortune told for a few cans of dutch gold and a spliff. (and the contents of your wallet and most likely your shoes, fillings, and the buttons on your shirt)...

Go to yerwan in Cob-h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lolabelle

Hi There,

I've been to the White Witch in Cobh twice (2 years apart) and have found her really good. A lot of what she said the first time came true (even though I didn't want it to!!) And she basically said the exact same things to me the 2nd time round, with a little more info and a lot of what she said about other people in my life and what they are like was spot on! Will have to wait and see if everything else she said about my future comes true! She's very cheap (€20) and spends about an hour with you and is more than happy to answer any questions you have.

I have her number so pm me if you want it!:)

Cheers,
    Lolabelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

the white witch is meant to be the best. one of my friends went to her thought she was brill beware of waiting lists though i hear they are long. that one on the north side is some scam id say she has a nice big house and you have to pay her before she tells your fortune then she takes you through to her caravan in the back garden or something.yet again thats from another friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Don't know if the White Witch is all that she's cracked up to be. My sister went to her about two years ago or so and she told her a load of crap really.. She wasn't impressed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cluelessjewel

I went to the White White about 5 years ago with a friend of mine. Although she picked up on me being in a long term relationship, she told me that I would have my first child at 27 and that it would be a boy. (I had a girl at 23 after this visit). She did pick up on my partner's job being something to do with bottles.. She said I'd settle by the water and I've just got a house on the corpo list nowhere near water and I presume I'll be there for years to come which indicates settling to me!

My friend was single and she came away with a handful of numbers of seemingly eligible rich men and she was told to ring them. Seems a bit weird to me!

I wasn't convinced, however my friend did go again with another friend of hers... She was about €20 back then too so it seems that she is not putting up her prices. Someone told me that a pack of cigarettes was adequate payment for her as she just loved sharing her gift but this did not seem to be the case, go armed with the cash!

I went to Gypsy Kathleen in Blarney (in a caravan right next to the Castle) last year sometime and I thought a lot of what she said was good, even if they are making it up I was reassured and felt my money was well spent there unlike what I felt after seeing the White Witch. Another friend of mine visits Gypsy Kathleen regularly. She was about €40 I think, but she could have been cheaper.

The Mind Body Spirit festival comes to the City Hall every March and September. Princess Diana's own personal spiritual advisor and her daughter are there every year and although the queues are long and they are quite pricy for their visits (€70-€100) they are supposedly THE fortune tellers to visit. Unfortunately every March and September I seem to be too broke to attend!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This is mean, I know, but...

...would you trust a fortune teller who didn't tell Diana something along the lines of "Today would be a *great* day to walk home"? Cos I wouldn't, especially not for €100!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cluelessjewel

Fysh wrote:
    This is mean, I know, but...

...would you trust a fortune teller who didn't tell Diana something along the lines of "Today would be a *great* day to walk home"? Cos I wouldn't, especially not for €100!

LOL :)

Seriously though, isn't it part of their ethics that they can't tell you anything bad that they may foresee??

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

there is a guy in youghal called drake he is suppose to be good,only answers phone on a monday after 5pm,havent been to him but ppl say he is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

:eek:

It must come up in Google searches or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Seriously though, isn't it part of their ethics that they can't tell you anything bad that they may foresee??

Surely bad for repeat custom. I'd want to know if I was going to be hit by a bus tomorrow and I'd be pretty pissed off with a fortune teller who didn't tell me if I survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

The White Witch told me that I'd be married when I'm 28 - we'll see how that goes (I'm turning 28 in July, and single, so it will be a short engagement I guess!)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭julesrtc

I went to a girl in Cobh called Stephanie, i thought she was brilliant and loads of my friends went, she got all our personalities and families perfect. Told us a few things thats going to happen also that she couldnt have known about.

I cannot get hold of her now, she used live in council house and i heard the tax man was after her but that could be rubbish, would love to get in contact with her again.

Went to the white witch years ago and thought she was crap!!! Gave me a phone number of a wizard in UCC and to ring him!!!!!! Told me i was going to be famous, i have 3 stars on my hand, Marilyn Monroe had 5 stars!!! So watch this space!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

lol just phone Victor Barry on Red fm on a monday night.
    They get a singing pysic from America - great for a laugh.

But to be honest they're all talking through their ahem.
    They ask you do you want your fortune told... well it they can tell what your future holds - surely them wouldn't have to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

julesrtc wrote:
    I went to a girl in Cobh called Stephanie, i thought she was brilliant and loads of my friends went, she got all our personalities and families perfect. Told us a few things thats going to happen also that she couldnt have known about.

I cannot get hold of her now, she used live in council house and i heard the tax man was after her but that could be rubbish, would love to get in contact with her again.

Went to the white witch years ago and thought she was crap!!! Gave me a phone number of a wizard in UCC and to ring him!!!!!! Told me i was going to be famous, i have 3 stars on my hand, Marilyn Monroe had 5 stars!!! So watch this space!!!!!!!!!!

Three neighbours of ours went there too and it was dead on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

That white which in cobh was on with NEeeiiiiiillll yesterday,. she said that little girl who was abducted in portugal will be found today..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what is up with all U people. Why do ye want to go to some person who is only conning ye. Why would anyone want to go and have their fortune told...are they not happy with what ye have??

How is it that fortune tellers only tell ye of good things or happy things? Do they ever tell U anything bad that will happen to you?

The whole thing is a scam and anyone who goes to these hocus pocus fools are asking to be ripped off!

Make your own fortune and guide your own life, if you want something to happen go out and make it happen. People (mainly chicks) who ask "Will I be married" need to cop on and make an effort to go out and meet people!

phew :mad:

That was kinda pointless..anyhew..i guess you are entitled to your opinion, i went to that mind body and soul thing a few months back. it was freaky how much stuff she knew...i'll prob never go to one again though, i have it done now and out of my system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Femmy wrote:
    That was kinda pointless..anyhew..i guess you are entitled to your opinion...

I presume you are on about my point? How is it pointless or more pointless than going to a stranger for them to read your tell tale signs and relay stories (some true but mainly untrue) back to you for a princely sum?

Derren Brown conducted a good experiment in one of his shows; he wrote out a passage and handed a copy to each participant. Each person didn't know what the other had. After reading the passage each person was stunned, they said it revealed so much about them...of course the trick was that there was only one passage and each person had the same one! The outcome is we as humans will adapt things to suit our understanding if we really want to believe.

Next time you are at one of these so called fortune tellers pay particular attention to the amount of things he/she gets wrong. Also pay attention to the amount of times they are vague and waiting for a prompt from yourself to guide them in their 'craft' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NorrieSean

Femmy wrote:
    That was kinda pointless..anyhew..i guess you are entitled to your opinion, i went to that mind body and soul thing a few months back. it was freaky how much stuff she knew...i'll prob never go to one again though, i have it done now and out of my system.

I had the same experience years back with a fortune teller in San Francisco. I was quite a bit younger and thought it kind of freaky. Later on, I realise what she was doing.

It's called cold reading and it's really not hard to do. Some fortune tellers know what they are doing, others do it without realising, but in most cases it's just cold reading - not supernatural powers. Have a look here for details before you waste money on these people.

http://skepdic.com/coldread.html

Let me save you some money. Here's your fortune. This would be better in person since cold reading works best when it's interactive. Typically the cold reader will use a technique known as shot-gunning. Most guesses are wrong but the occasional one seems strangely accurate and that's what the customer remembers. Alternatively I can take the vague approach and rely on you to fill in the blanks for me. Anyway, here's your fortune.
    You have not always had it easy. Things are okay right now but you will have more difficult times ahead before you realise a goal that has been at the back of you mind for a long time. You have had to compromise when it comes to what you want, the real-world has a way of pushing the ideals in to the background.

You are sometimes a bit confused or tired, this tends to pass though and you become have creative phases. I am getting a message through from the spirit world. An elderly relative, a man who worked with his hands, is watching over you. He regrets he didn't get to see you as an adult but he sees a lot of your mother in you.

He remembers a birthday when you were unhappy and there wasn't anything he could do to help but he wants you to know that he understands.

If you visit a fortune teller, consider the following.

1) Bring a tape recorder. Record the session and listen to it afterwards. You may not realise it at the time but most of what they tell you will be incredibly vague and applicable to many people - like my example above.

2) Don't volunteer information. If you are asking about a future job, don't tell them what you do now. Remember that you are paying them to tell you about yourself.

3) Lie. Since they rely on you to provide them with the information, consider introducing fake information. Mediums are fun to toy with since you'd be surprised by the number of mediums who have successfully communicated with fictional ghosts. Most Haunted's Derek Acorah was totally exposed using this method. Unfortunately people still flock to him for his supernatural services.

I presume you are on about my point? How is it pointless or more pointless than going to a stranger for them to read your tell tale signs and relay stories (some true but mainly untrue) back to you for a princely sum?

what i meant by pointless was that it really wasnt helping the op with the original question...but like i said, each to their own and now i'm gone a bit off topic too..

NorrieSean wrote:
    I had the same experience years back with a fortune teller in San Francisco. I was quite a bit younger and thought it kind of freaky. Later on, I realise what she was doing.

It's called cold reading and it's really not hard to do. Some fortune tellers know what they are doing, others do it without realising, but in most cases it's just cold reading - not supernatural powers. Have a look here for details before you waste money on these people.

http://skepdic.com/coldread.html

Thats a fair point...i am fairly sceptical about them , i've been once and dont intend on going again, but when i said it was freaky abotu how much she knew it realy was freaky..of course there prob was soem of that cold reading "you've had a hard time" - who hasnt?
    But she said things like, you are going on hols but not a sun holiday, you are going away in the winter to somewhere cold with your partner (just booked a holiday to NY for december)
    She said i will recieve a gift or jewellery on this holiday (i'll get back to ye on that one)
    She said, i see a house - but its not built yet, its just at the very early planning stage and on family land that has been in the family for a long time (my boyfriend had just applied for planning 2 days before on his farm which his dad left to him)
    She said my boyfriends ex would become a problem , i had actually forgotten about that until now...at the time i didnt think much of it, it had been off with his ex since 2002, and they rarely spoke...but we did have a few weeks of drunken calls and txts from her recently and she told him she wanted to get back with him..thank god thats all over (like she said it would)..

The thing is, we have an ability to find patterns in things - it's an evolutionary survival mechanism. We've all been taken in by people who seem to make a lot of sense at the time. The trick is to record the session.

Once you're away from the fortune teller, listen to the tape you made and then note the number of times they were correct, but most importantly, not the number of misses they had.

What you could do is record a transcript, show it to people and note how often they find that it applies to them also.

Fortune tellers should be for fun, like fortune cookies and stage magicians. Once they claim to be something beyond that they become frauds or delusional.

(Noticed a typo in my previous post. The change is underlined.)

The thing is, we have an ability to find patterns in things - it's an evolutionary survival mechanism. We've all been taken in by people who seem to make a lot of sense at the time. The trick is to record the session.

Once you're away from the fortune teller, listen to the tape you made and then note the number of times they were correct, but most importantly, note the number of misses they had.

What you could do is record a transcript, show it to people and note how often they find that it applies to them also.

Fortune tellers should be for fun, like fortune cookies and stage magicians. Once they claim to be something beyond that they become frauds or delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loose smoke

julesrtc wrote: »

hi can you send me stephanies no if you have it please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

hi can you send me stephanies no if you have it please

Don't worry about that, if she really is psychic then she will find you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bucka

COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME THE NUMBER OF THE WHITE WITCH IN COVE WOULD BE GREAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bucka

lolabelle wrote: »
    Hi There,

I've been to the White Witch in Cobh twice (2 years apart) and have found her really good. A lot of what she said the first time came true (even though I didn't want it to!!) And she basically said the exact same things to me the 2nd time round, with a little more info and a lot of what she said about other people in my life and what they are like was spot on! Will have to wait and see if everything else she said about my future comes true! She's very cheap (€20) and spends about an hour with you and is more than happy to answer any questions you have.

I have her number so pm me if you want it!:)

Cheers,
    Lolabelle
    COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME ON THE NUMBER OF THE WHITE WITCH WULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sure I'll lie to you for money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement