Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dorsh - Real-time dart info on ur mobile phone for practically nothing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its 3browse. Try downloading opera mini and see if that can connect to the internet. That'll tell you if all java applications aren't working.

you have gone into the settings for java option and set that to use 3browse right?

would you have access to another 3 phone that you can put your sim in to test something? I had a problem with my 3 account where no java apps could access the internet and you might be having the same problem. If you swap your sim with someone else you'll be able to eliminate phone problems depending on what works where

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

its 3browse. Try downloading opera mini and see if that can connect to the internet. That'll tell you if all java applications aren't working.

you have gone into the settings for java option and set that to use 3browse right?

would you have access to another 3 phone that you can put your sim in to test something? I had a problem with my 3 account where no java apps could access the internet and you might be having the same problem. If you swap your sim with someone else you'll be able to eliminate phone problems depending on what works where

Yeah it's 3Browse by default.
    I used my sim chip in my 6280 and it works fine.
    I'll get that opera mini and see if it works.

Ialso tried to put this on a mates Nokia 6234 and it didn't work either; got some array error. Could it be the phone's too old?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Do you have this for Luas PLEASE PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Rambo wrote: »
    Do you have this for Luas PLEASE PLEASE

Is there a web page with realtime information for the Luas?

keith123 wrote: »
    Yeah it's 3Browse by default.
    I used my sim chip in my 6280 and it works fine.
    I'll get that opera mini and see if it works.

Ialso tried to put this on a mates Nokia 6234 and it didn't work either; got some array error. Could it be the phone's too old?

its not because the phones too old. Tbh, i don't know whats wrong with it. I was trying to get aft working on my friend's 3 k610 last night (with a meteor sim in) and it kept on failing. The internet worked fine and opera did too but aft wouldn't for some reason. It might be something to do with the firmware that 3 put on the phone so flashing it with generic firmware might fix the problem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

WezzyB wrote: »
    http://www.irishrail.ie/realtime/ <-- site adapted for mobile devices

Just incase the Dorsh java app ever gets broken by changes to irishrail.ie

I have tried this on opera mini 3 and 4 and the nokia browser (N95) and cant select a station, cause it wants you to double click on the station

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

anyone who was having the same problem as me, i have away to get around it. go to http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/your_journey/real_time_suburban_information.asp instead of the irishrail.ie/realtime.

The old site has a drop down menu which doesn't required the double click :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Is this app still working? I was previously using it on o2 (albeit not recently... prob not since mid November) but have since switched to meteor and now its not working. I'm getting the same error as Solitaryman666 above.
    This post has been deleted.

Hi, I've fixed this (my server host upgraded their version of php and didn't tell me).
    It will work now. The only tiny problem is that Clonsilla will appear as "null" in the results because it is not in the stations list in the app (I don't think this was a destination when I originally created the app).

Anyway, should be working now without the need to redownload the app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

dal wrote: »
    Hi, I've fixed this (my server host upgraded their version of php and didn't tell me).
    It will work now. The only tiny problem is that Clonsilla will appear as "null" in the results because it is not in the stations list in the app (I don't think this was a destination when I originally created the app).

Anyway, should be working now without the need to redownload the app.
    Thanks a million dal.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

That upgrade seems to of kicked mine into play - works
    perfectly now on my k770i on the three network

Wasn't working at all before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moyne

Woo, working again! dal is a genius! This app is great, btw. Sooo handy. Thanks for it... :D
    And thanks to jmccrohan for giving me it 2.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roscob

couple of mobile sites that you can get the info are i-enquire and tjamm. we've got a site called www.usemime.com where you can set them up and send to your phone.

roscob wrote: »
    couple of mobile sites that you can get the info are i-enquire and tjamm. we've got a site called www.usemime.com where you can set them up and send to your phone.
    All great in theory.... I'm stickin with Dorsh tho. Costs the least by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Dal,
    any chance you could have a look at updating so that you can save the timetable response as a text file to your phone?
    P

Raam wrote: »
    Dal,
    any chance you could have a look at updating so that you can save the timetable response as a text file to your phone?
    P
    Mind me asking what use this would be? Just wondering cause its realtime so it would be outdated in minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Mind me asking what use this would be? Just wondering cause its realtime so it would be outdated in minutes...

If the next train in is, say, 20 minutes, and 25 minutes, you can save this info to a temporary place. For the more forgetful of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

This app rocks! Moving out to the 'burbs and will be using this every day! nice one dal.

quintron wrote: »
    This app rocks! Moving out to the 'burbs and will be using this every day! nice one dal.

Great to hear that you like it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Excellent idea man, will it work on non-symbian phones?

4Xcut wrote: »
    Excellent idea man, will it work on non-symbian phones?

Works on any phone that has Java.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Thanks for the answer. And thanks for the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Is this still working?
    Just installed now and when I choose ok, it just sits there like its connecting but never does anything

<EDIT>OOPS! My fault! I set permissions wrong on my Blackberry. Working fine now :D</EDIT>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Also, is it possible to do an Irishrail version using http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables.asp
    and I dont mean realtime, just a simple way of checking what trains run from and to particular stations at what times etc

Oh while this is bumped..

Dal, have you changed your server side so that it adds about 3mins to real times? I've noticed it is ahead by a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

whisht wrote: »
    Also, is it possible to do an Irishrail version using http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables.asp
    and I dont mean realtime, just a simple way of checking what trains run from and to particular stations at what times etc
    Sam Vimes did something for that, there's a thread around somewhere.

random wrote: »
    Sam Vimes did something for that, there's a thread around somewhere.
    no there isn't. I never put that on the net, i just gave it to you. I suppose i will put it up but i'll have to iron out some bugs first

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

This Is Pretty Damm handy!

Now make a Bus one please :p

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Oh while this is bumped..

Dal, have you changed your server side so that it adds about 3mins to real times? I've noticed it is ahead by a little bit.

Are you sure about this? Which page are you comparing it to?

Here is the url which Dorsh uses:

eg. Clontarf, southbound over the next 60 mins

http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/your_journey/results.asp?station_name=Clontarf&station=FVDN,FVUP&direction=N&mins=60

What you see on that page is exactly what you'll get from Dorsh.

Advertisement