Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

My mate keeps hearing a tune when he is out and he wants to know the name of it. It goes, "I needed you ooh ooh for so many reasons, I needed you ooh through all seasons" and then the chorus is like "it is over now I love you long enough, now is the time to move" or something along those lines.

Its kinda like a classic house tune maybe from late 90's

Anyone got any idea what it is??? Have googled the lyrics but I only get back websites that give relationship advice lol..
    Male or female singer(s)? And where is your mate hearing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

Its a female singer, kinda soulful voice. He heard it some pirate stations and then when we were out downstairs in The Church pub!

I just remembered another lilne think she might say something like "Iv got to live with it, you'v got to live with it" at the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cortor

Giruilla wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song, all i know is the words (i think) of the chorus,
    goes like.
    'Breath In and breath out, (something something something some-thing)'
    pretty vague i know, but I'm sure someone out there knows it!:)
    I think its sung by a woman.

Is it Lucie Silvas "Breath In"?!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

Its a female singer, kinda soulful voice. He heard it some pirate stations and then when we were out downstairs in The Church pub!

I just remembered another lilne think she might say something like "Iv got to live with it, you'v got to live with it" at the end..

The tune is Todd Terry feat shannon, It's over love from 1998!! savage tune, first time I ever answered by own question :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Does anyone know the name of a song I heard on the radio recently, its kinda eerie with a decent beat to it, I think it says something about dancing until the sun comes up, and dancing like no one is watching.
    Plug wrote: »
    I heard that on the ray foley show the other day. Its a real 90's summer tune.

It's not Planet Funk's Chase The Sun is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxUn1PjoLQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Wertz wrote: »
    It's not Planet Funk's Chase The Sun is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxUn1PjoLQ
    no thats not her:( I have added it to my favourites though, I like that song. Thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Toasty Ghost

Does anyone know the name of the first song being played in the RTÉ ad for Colm and Jim Jim's Breakfast show?

Heres the ad(First Link)

http://www.rte.ie/radio/advertising/marketing_current.html

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does anyone know the name of the first song being played in the RTÉ ad for Colm and Jim Jim's Breakfast show?

Heres the ad(First Link)

http://www.rte.ie/radio/advertising/marketing_current.html

Cheers.
    The Tings Tings - Great DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Right...Britain's Got Talent...I've never watched it before until tonight (honest! :D) but tonight, the final act was a dance act called George Samson. He did a routine to "singing in the rain" but it was a remixed version. Any ideas who did the remix? I loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Going mad looking for a piece of music if anyone can help. Its a trumpet solo that the US military use at servicemens funerals. I think it was in the film 'A Few Good Men' but if not Im fairly sure its been used in other films with military funerals over the years. Its quite a moving piece adn Id say most ppl would recognise it if heard.

A name would be good, a youtube link would be even better, when I search for it I just cant seem to find anything:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Is it Taps?

Here's a youtube vid of it being played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Is it Taps?

Here's a youtube vid of it being played

Thats the one ! Thanks mate, now Im going to try and transpose it by ear for the saxophone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

DArcy wrote: »
    Right...Britain's Got Talent...I've never watched it before until tonight (honest! :D) but tonight, the final act was a dance act called George Samson. He did a routine to "singing in the rain" but it was a remixed version. Any ideas who did the remix? I loved it!

Is that the same one that volkswagen used in their Golf ad a few years back?

If so then it's by Mint Royale.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Does anyone know the name of a song I heard on the radio recently, its kinda eerie with a decent beat to it, I think it says something about dancing until the sun comes up, and dancing like no one is watching.

David Jordan - Sun Goes Down? Bet my life on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ashkir

Okay, this is driving me nuts. During the introduction to some of the acts in the semi finals, a piece of music plays, violins or strings. Have heard it definately on the intro to Dean Wilson, and am sure I've heard it used in Top Gear before on a best of programme during a bit on the Golf Gti.

There's lots of people mentioning Lex Aeterna from Requiem for a Dream but it's not that. It's slower, gentler and more calming.

Any ideas please people................. help!!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 qwertykeyboards

Hey, have you heard the ad for rte 2fm "livin the life lovin the music"?? they play a few snippets of songs on the ad (its the one were the shoes are dancing around the bedroom) and i want to know what songs they are! i know the last one is the bucket by kings of leon. anyone know the others??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hey, have you heard the ad for rte 2fm "livin the life lovin the music"?? they play a few snippets of songs on the ad (its the one were the shoes are dancing around the bedroom) and i want to know what songs they are! i know the last one is the bucket by kings of leon. anyone know the others??
    'Great DJ' by The Ting Tings is definitely in it... think it's the first song.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

I think "Let me know" by Roisin Murphy is one of the songs in that ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vCOOW_BsE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

I heard this song on the radio its a softly sung song by a female the lyrics go kinda like this

"Baby we''ll fall baby we'll fly its outta our hands this time"

Your help is greatly appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Gemma Hayes
    It's out of our hands

(some people really need to learn how to use google :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭xw2lj9uspm1eyh

Gemma Hayes
    It's out of our hands

(some people really need to learn how to use google :p)
    Thanks so much i was thinking it was an irish artist and i did use google i typed in the lyrics that i had and nothing came up :( thanks for your help tho :)

PS the lyrics i had were wrong i have a valid excuse it was half 6 in the morn when i heard it on the radio :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Does anyone know the name / singer of this song from the new meteor ad... absolutely love it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjF7Q-0uV3k

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bit of a long shot.
    Female singer, poss 70s or 80s, lyrics including "I've seen a/the sparrow fly high and lose himself in the sky'.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

right this has been annoying me for the past week and iv finally decided to post it on boards

Theres a song thats on the ad for the dublin gaa match this weekend and it was also featured in the Big Brother show during the week......

Now....its kinda a dance song (something that you might hear off spin1038)

its has a female vocal singing and from what i can make out it sounds something like "oh boy you know..................."

please help folks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot.
    Female singer, poss 70s or 80s, lyrics including "I've seen a/the sparrow fly high and lose himself in the sky'.

Gaah - turns out it wasn't a female singer at all, but Terry Callier 'Ordinary Joe'.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkUGGimY3UQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

O!!! The road safety ad where the girl and boy get crushed? He dies shes in a wheelchair and ur man goes to court(the driver).. I really have no idea it sounds quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fantacan

I'm afraid I need the help of the "What's that song" thread and need people to dive back to the 90s techno era:

What's that song that is the epiphany of 90s techno. It has a woman screaming (melodically of course) and then the chorus has what sounds like "gotta get up, gotta get up gotta get up!" Im totally stumped on this one! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

fantacan wrote: »
    I'm afraid I need the help of the "What's that song" thread and need people to dive back to the 90s techno era:

What's that song that is the epiphany of 90s techno. It has a woman screaming (melodically of course) and then the chorus has what sounds like "gotta get up, gotta get up gotta get up!" Im totally stumped on this one! :(

is it this?.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=I2sjAnu_5ek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fantacan

Case closed. THANK-YOU!

Advertisement